Does your character level affect your damage output?

I have a technical question.  

I'm wondering how damage is calculated for say a monk.  Here's my main question.

1.  Does your level have anything to do with damage other than crit rate?  I've seen the crit rate tables.  So if I'm level 70 trans tekura and level 80 trans tekura, other than crit rate would my damage be the same?

Comments

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited February 2013
    Yes, your damage output remains the same despite your level.

• Where did you find the crit rate tables?
  • I think most abilities are calculated off of their governing stat, your level in the skill, and sometimes max health.

So for monk abilities, strength and level of tekura would be the primary determining factors.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited February 2013
    Several things may or may not affect your damage output depending on the skill you use:

1. Weapon stats: damage, to-hit, and speed will affect your DPS with attacks that use said weapon.
    2. Strength/Intelligence: Some attacks will be affected by your strength/intelligence stat while others will not.
    3. Ability Level: Some skills will grow stronger and more accurate depending on your level of skill in the relevant ability.
    4. Enemy defenses/Resistances: The armour, defenses, and elemental resistances your target has to different types of attacks
    5. Enemy health: Many attacks scale, to an extent, with the max health of the target, usually modified by #1-3 in the formula.
    6. Critical Hits: The higher level your level the more likely you are to critical hit and to land a more powerful critical hit(denizens only).

Example:
    Garrote becomes stronger and more accurate as you advance in subterfuge, it is special in the fact that it does asphyxiation damage and ignores armour stats. It is not affected whatsoever by your strength stat. Additionally, if the target is prone it does double damage.

• EldEld
    edited February 2013
    Tasleus said:
    Where did you find the crit rate tables?
    Base rate for criticals is, I believe, (level-25)^3/1000000, capped at level 99. I think someone linked to a spreadsheet with it tabulated somewhere on the old forums (might've been for Lusternia, but it's the same calculation afaik) but I can't find it at the moment. Here's a spreadsheet of increased damage per second from criticals as a function of level, and for each level of crit pendant (credit to Otha and Sena for it).
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Penwize said:
    I wish level affected damage output! :(
    WTF'd for wishing to ruin Achaea.

And crossing fingers for it to not come true. D:
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Sherazad said:
    Penwize said:
    WTF'd for wishing to be rewarded for ruining Achaea.

And crossing fingers for it to not come true. D:

• edited February 2013
    Iocun said:
    Penwize said:
    I wish explorer rank affected balance recovery. It makes sense, because you need to be pretty balanced to explore ridges and shaky rope bridges and to explore mountains by sliding down on avalanches without being pulled under.
    Ranger + nimble + reflexes = enough meteors to level Russia
  • Yeah we all saw what happened when @Iocun fired a meteor arrow with that bow of his.

In Soviet Russia, space comes to you!