About time?

edited February 2013 in The Universal Membrane
Do you think it's about time IRE started working on a new game?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    What with the Tears of Polaris game cancelled (personally, I'm kind of thankful. Random space game wat?), do you think it's about time that IRE started working on a new game and calling for volunteers to help and give ideas? It's been around four years now since the last IRE game came out. Comments, @Tecton and @Sarapis ?

• I voted in a different category because I hear opposites attract and you are so handsome.
  • I personally think they would be better off giving all of their games more attention than they get now instead of starting a new game. Polaris was shut down, Earth Eternal was shut down, sold, restarted, then shut down again, etc.

• They need to work on improving their current games, not make a whole new one. Even Achaea doesn't have many people, and IRE needs to be enticing people from other games to join their current ones, not spreading people who play the current ones further out and into new games.
  • All fair points, I retract my wish for a new game and instead hope for something awesome in achaea.

• No because I prefer Achaea over the other games. (I do like Aetolia too however) Their current games need more love. I am stuck on Achaea and don't really bother with the others much.

• Players and admins for niche games like text MUDs are a finite resource. Instead of spreading too few players over more games, I'd rather not see them siphoned off into yet another. Invest in improving existing games; look at the good it's done Achaea over the last fix or seven months.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I invest credits into Lusternia and barely play. I just don't feel the same immersion there that I do with Achaea. Love the game and my character, but it's a matter of whether I want to spend my time here or there.

Would be nice if Iron Elite went across all IRE games too. I couldn't justify a second payment every month for another IRE game. :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
     Would be nice if Iron Elite went across all IRE games too. I couldn't justify a second payment every month for another IRE game. :(
    QFT
  • I agree that more attention should be given to advertising/marketing/getting new players in than spreading the existing players too thin.

Though with that said it seems that all the big sweeping changes to the IRE websites (and the addition of an IRE blog) are attempts to do this. I can't say with any authority or proof as to whether they've worked one way or the other, though.

• edited February 2013
    Disapointing that all what IRE does is fantasy games. There are so many cool settings, why not explore new grounds?
    As for me, I would really like to see new IRE game about distant future and space exploration. Or, if its another fantasy, game based on Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series (yes Im a fan). The latter I think will bring alot of new players, since there is such a huge fan base.

Also, IRE games are mostly so similar in codebase and gameplay that I wonder why IRE didnt connect them in one HUGE game? So you could explore them with one character travelling through dimension portals. It would solve problem with poulation, unite communities of all IRE games and become biggest MUD in history.
  • edited February 2013
    By the way, there is a game that just screams to be converted into IRE type mud, since it is all about clans conficts and dynamic changing history. Game is called "Legend of Five Rings" and was in development for nearly two decades. The lore there is fashinating.
  • Not unless it's a drastically different world with new options of gameplay. There are enough IRE games that share quite a bit of similarity and I think that was viable during more populous times in the MUD community but now it would be smart to improve upon what's already out there. I'd be thrilled to see more expansion on PVE options as well as a more organized and user-friendly quest system.