Stylebot - Forum colours

edited August 2012 in Tech Support
If you're not a fan of the colour scheme for the new forums, and you use Chrome, have a look at the Stylebot extension for chrome, which allows you to manually change all colouring and such on the page quite easily.

Its quick and easy to do, and should save you from the insane amounts of white until they get a few more styles made up.

(The page load speed is a heck of a lot better now!) 

Comments

• AkiaAkia phoenix, az
    Yeah it's impossibly hard to distinguish between posts currently, no bottom borders, top border is tiny.  Do not want.

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    @Aetous: So, I'm looking at your avatar, and I can't help but think, "That's exactly how my eyes feel."
  • I don't like how the forum looks so run together, but I do like the default avatars honestly, and things are easier to navigate and find. Plus you don't have to worry about losing your comments with the auto save draft
  • @Aetous: So, I'm looking at your avatar, and I can't help but think, "That's exactly how my eyes feel."
    Its interesting what comes up when you do a google image search for "Evil Eye"
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Okay, there are still some big, ugly white spots on which I can't click and change their colour. Any idea how to get rid of them?
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Click on the "Edit CSS" button at the bottom, and add

<code>
    body {
        background-color: #111111;
    }
    </code>

right at the top.  Then just change the 111111 to whatever colour you want your background to be.

That will be the default background colour for all the elements as well, so you don't need to do them individually.
  • No idea how to edit a post on these new forums..

No need for those <code> tags in the actually CSS!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Blackout:

• How'd you make that one Kresslack? I want! :O

• man, I want that @Kresslack, how'd you do it?
    meh

I'll probably post it once I've worked out some kinks in it.

edited August 2012
    Those of you using Chrome, Right Click > Stylebot > Style Element. Under 'Styles', click 'Create new style'. The url will be the forum url, forums.achaea.com. In the space below that, copy and paste the below to get what I'm using. It's not perfect, but I like it because there's a lot of transparency. 

• hawt ^^
    meh

• Looks good except for 1) I can't tell where the damn post box is at (and it's transparent) and the post reply text is still black and there is NO delineation between posts still. Working on adding those changes in too!
    Rakon said:
    Looks good except for 1) I can't tell where the damn post box is at (and it's transparent) and the post reply text is still black and there is NO delineation between posts still. Working on adding those changes in too!

I'm used to it. I like the floating, invisible/no boundaries look. If you get those added, others probably will enjoy having a little more definition. 

Also, for those who are using custom styles...make sure to take advantage of the backup feature by exporting. Otherwise, you'll have to set it up again like I'm having to do now. Options > Stylebot: Options > Backup > Export Styles

• CardanCardan The Garden
    I personally ended up adding the CSS code* in the pastebin link below to Kresslack's stylebot style. It makes the comment box associated buttons have a white background, puts a white horizontal border between posts, sections, and categories. It also makes the discussions that have unread posts show as a more bold colour to make them stand out.

Pastebin link here

*I make no claims to being any good with CSS so if anyone wants to clean it up and re-post, go for it.

Cardan said:
    I personally ended up adding the CSS code* in the pastebin link below to Kresslack's stylebot style. It makes the comment box associated buttons have a white background, puts a white horizontal border between posts, sections, and categories. It also makes the discussions that have unread posts show as a more bold colour to make them stand out.

Pastebin link here

*I make no claims to being any good with CSS so if anyone wants to clean it up and re-post, go for it.
    Looks good to me.

• @Kresslack I'm liking your version, but black on dark in the editor is a pain... especially when I already need new glasses. I'm trying to figure this stylebot out. Once I do I'll start playing with my own styles
  • @Mannimar just add Cardan 's code to the bottom of the code Kresslack had
    meh

• ahah! Thanks
  • Sorry to bump this...but can this be done in Firefox?  I've spent the past hour getting FF's version of the CSS editor but nothing is working...
  • edited November 2012
    Nevermind, got it to work.