Hi there.

My name's Bevis, what's yours?

I'm new here at these forums.
Beer!

Comments

• Hi, I'm Nemutaur.

Are you related to Beavus by any chance?
  • Why yes, that was my previous name...

Is there a problem?
    Beer!
  • bevis and buthead
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    hi, my name is chris hansen.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Beavis and Butthead... Eheheheheheh.

Actually I also got the name from looking up names on the Internet.
    Beer!
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    edited February 2013
    nvm. gonna be nice.
  • Lame. Seriously, go troll some other game.
  • Daslin said:
    nvm. gonna be nice.
    If you insist.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Jonathin thank you for being better at nice than me. In a way.
  • edited February 2013
    Jonathin said:
    Hello Bevis. Please take a look at HELP NAMECHANGE and consult with Romeo or Juliet when you feel you've found a name that satisfies all of the rules listed in the aforementioned scroll under "good names". Your current name is currently an obvious draw from the TV show "Beavis and Butthead", and thus are forcing people to think you're nothing but a troll.
    This is the new name. The kid seemed to troll at the start, but what I've seen since seems to be more serious interaction, or at least more serious behaviour, and not all the annoying laugh and blatant ooc references. Not saying it's completely gone, but it's a marked improval.
  • The name Bevis doesn't violate the names policy, as it is a real name.  Not saying it is a good one, but it doesn't break the rules.

• Kazu said:
    The name Bevis doesn't violate the names policy, as it is a real name.  Not saying it is a good one, but it doesn't break the rules.
    "Real" names that are used in popular culture are still against the rules. The hard and fast rules are that if an Admin tells you to change it, then you change it. Happened to me, I questioned it and got given the hard line, not going to argue. Ended up with a better name anyway.
  • Valden said:
    Kazu said:
    The name Bevis doesn't violate the names policy, as it is a real name.  Not saying it is a good one, but it doesn't break the rules.
    "Real" names that are used in popular culture are still against the rules. The hard and fast rules are that if an Admin tells you to change it, then you change it. Happened to me, I questioned it and got given the hard line, not going to argue. Ended up with a better name anyway.
    We've obviously had very different experiences.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited February 2013
    Valden said:
    Kazu said:
    I have great taste in names, don't I?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Katzchen said:
    Valden said:
    Kazu said:
    I have great taste in names, don't I?
    Pfft, collaborative effort.
  • If by collaborative effort you mean I came up with it, and you okayed it then sure. ;)

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited February 2013
    Jonathin said:
    Hello Bevis. Please take a look at HELP NAMECHANGE and consult with Romeo or Juliet when you feel you've found a name that satisfies all of the rules listed in the aforementioned scroll under "good names". Your current name is currently an obvious draw from the TV show "Beavis and Butthead", and thus are forcing people to think you're nothing but a troll.
    I did get this name from "Beavis and Butthead". It was something that contributed to it but I didn't get the name entirely from it. Because like I said, I got it from the Internet after looking up names to which I can use for my character. I like the sound of the name, but I also like the show... Besides it's not even spelled as Beavis, I mean give me a break guys, will ya?

And if I must clarify, I am not a troll at least on this forum as well as the game itself. If I were trolling this forum or the game, I'd be expecting to get banned VERY soon as in the first day I came in.

Furthermore, I didn't come here to get ridiculed because of my name, I came here so that I can enjoy the company of other players and discuss things related to the game. 

For some of you that cannot tolerate my name in comparison to where I can tolerate yours, then obviously we have a problem of opinion. And also to prove it's credibility that it is not a forsaken name, I have not once been contacted by either Romeo or Juliet to tell me that it IS a bad name for Achaean roleplaying.  So with that statement I bid you all a good day. 
    Beer!
  • Shut up Antidas. Stop talking trash and duel me, bro. Irrelevant goddamn maggot, I only defected with you because someone cooler wasn't available.

I hope you never shrug any venoms ever again and your scytherus never relapses.
  • Jonathin said:
    Welcome to the forums, where everything you post will flamed, ridiculed, thrown to the ground and stomped on before being picked up, dusted off, and then legitimately refuted.
    Such reminded irony makes me utmost secure and content with my surroundings once again. And I thankyou for such understanding. 

Well as I said I'll be going now as I don't want to be caught looking like I'm spamming every so often on this thread. So cya.
    Beer!
  • @Bevis, I hope you get established in Achaea - I think you'll really enjoy it. My advice : Start out more earnest - there will be plenty of opportunity for comedic roleplay later. Remember, people are giving up their time to help you start out and they won't be happy if they get the impression that you're wasting their time and taking the piss.

• @Ognog has a point here. 

I never took you seriously, because the first thing I heard out of your characters mouth was 

Bevis says, "Heheheheheheehehehehehehehehehehehe eeheheheh."

*Disembowels you.*
  • Tvistor said:
    Shut up Antidas. Stop talking trash and duel me, bro. Irrelevant goddamn maggot, I only defected with you because someone cooler wasn't available.

I hope you never shrug any venoms ever again and your scytherus never relapses.
    Totally misread that as defecated and wondered wtf you people were up to.
  • Yeah, my first experience with him was trying to push people's buttons and making fart jokes.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States