Mudlet Blademaster Coding

2»

Comments

• Yeah, generally personal preference and experience will trump optimization in these cases - at the absolute extremes one method may have a slight edge over all others objectively, but it doesn't matter if method X has a 5% efficiency boost if you're only able to use it at 50% efficiency because you aren't comfortable and familiar with it.

I use a script to manage strikes, cycling through pre-written lists which I can change between on the fly, simply because it's the method I'm most familiar with. I don't like aliases so I use keybindings for my slashes, which narrows down my other strike options. But honestly 'better' is always going to be subjective.
  • @Jacen: I'm mad that you would even explain lists of sequential strikes with automatic cycling, much less sell it. Smh..
  • America, land of capitalism :/
  • @Yue: To be fair I didn't know how to do it, and I had the options of sitting down and figuring it out (when I wasn't good at Lua, and didn't really know what I was doing in combat either) or paying someone else to do it for me.

I decided to pay Jacen to do it for me. He decided to continue selling it after - hey, if I'll pay for it, others probably will.

Nowadays, maybe I could sit down and figure out how to do it myself, but that's now, this was then.

Nothing wrong with paying someone else to sort something out that you don't understand!
  • Achaea, where pvp is just a payment away.
  • Yue said:
    @Jacen: I'm mad that you would even explain lists of sequential strikes with automatic cycling, much less sell it. Smh..
    I really don't understand why it makes you mad, unless your trolling me? I'm pretty back at detecting that sort of thing.

I explained how I did it, and offered to sell it for a small price if someone can't code it themselves. Hell most people don't release their offensive scripts at all...
  • Jacen said:
     Hell most people don't release their offensive scripts at all...
    Exactly!
  • Sorry, I like to help people. 
  • Pretty sure Dorn gave me like 10 credits for helping with his limb counter. Nothing wrong on either end of that in my book.

• Yue said:
    Achaea, where pvp is just a payment away.

I suppose you feel that anyone who wants to get into Achaean combat has to code everything from the ground up themselves? And that no combatants ought to help other combatants for any reason since if they can't figure it out for themselves they don't deserve to know?
  • Jacen said:
    Sorry, I like to help people for a price.
    ftfy.

• edited February 2013
    Yue said:
    @Jacen: I'm mad that you would even explain lists of sequential strikes with automatic cycling, much less sell it. Smh..
    Psh. Simple stuff! If you can make money (credits) with it, go for it.

(I usually explain for free, if you don't mind waiting until I get bored)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • My preference for offense like this is a combination: aliases to set up what keybindings do. (pre-made lists and custom lists)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • imo you should be able to kill an afk person with 1 button, that enables some 'kill target script'.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• cleave victim
  • ^ why every class should have a no setup timed instantkill :')

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• edited February 2013
    Cleave line
    ->
    if afk then evade(randomexit()) end
  • @Iocun: How does that work? Wouldn't it fire after you've been cloven?
  • Yeah, accidentally pasted the cleave death line instead of the start line.