How do you pronounce your character's name?

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Wait.

Is that you, @Gnaash?!

Amg. Come back to us!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • SHY-STuh
    ...I guess? Having a hard time putting in pronounciation-guide-form-of-magical-helpfulness
    basically it sounds harsh and DOES NOT rhyme with "sista". It should sound somewhat masculine, not feminine.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Shista you mean German word for crap(orpooporshitorwhatever)
  • Not even a little bit xD well yes a little bit, but no. Also wrong.
  • Tre-vEs
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Jon-a-thin

Moe - zer or Moe - ser

Not Mah-zer or Moo-zer (lol Moozer).
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Ha, I've been sating MAH-ser all this time. Silly me.
  • edited February 2013
    I don't pronounce it. EVER. What, you think I talk about Achaea... out loud... around real people..? :/

[spoiler]

I don't 

[/spoiler]
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Gnaash said:

Imagine you were gnashing your teeth together.  It's like that.

Actually, imagine you were gnashing your teeth together while watching the Phoenix Suns ... and you were cheering as Steve Nash made yet another amazing assist.  And you were yelling, "Nash!" ... WHILE gnashing your teeth together.  It's like that.

@Gnaash Watching the Suns play the Lakers?
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Ellodin said:
    Gnaash said:

Imagine you were gnashing your teeth together.  It's like that.

Actually, imagine you were gnashing your teeth together while watching the Phoenix Suns ... and you were cheering as Steve Nash made yet another amazing assist.  And you were yelling, "Nash!" ... WHILE gnashing your teeth together.  It's like that.

@Gnaash Watching the Suns play the Lakers?

Let's pretend I hadn't watched basketball for a while.  A good long while.
  • YueYue
    edited February 2013
    Someone apparently disagrees with me on the pronunciation of my name, so I will offer this alternative:

Yew.

Hint: It rhymes with my favorite soda, my favorite time-traveling doctor, and my favorite bear!
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Yew and Who do not rhyme.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • YueYue
    edited February 2013
    @Delphinus: You are confusing Yue (my name, a proper noun) with Yuè (the transliteration of a common Chinese name).
    Lianca said:
    Yew and Who do not rhyme.
    You need to listen to more hip-hop.
  • I love Yue! She allows for all kinds of cool puns. Yue(you) is fine with me. It also really confuses me when she does things, because then I think I did those things, and I am like what, no I did not say that, and then oh.

i'm a rebel

• Jonathin said:
    Jon-a-thin

Moe - zer or Moe - ser

Not Mah-zer or Moo-zer (lol Moozer).
    I always pronounced you Moses :s
  • Yue said:
    @Delphinus: You are confusing Yue (my name, a proper noun) with Yuè (the transliteration of a common Chinese name).
    Cause Chinese names don't count as proper nouns?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Xith said:
    Cause Chinese names don't count as proper nouns?
    Yuè is the transliteration of 越 ("beyond"), 悦 ("happy"), and 月 ("moon") - none of which are proper nouns themselves. It could be someone's name, or the name of a place.

My name is not Chinese; it is pronounced "You" (stressed /ˈjuː/, unstressed /jə/)
  • Drau-kuh
  • edited March 2013
    Sancero rhymes with dancer-o. As for the stress, think 'Now Dasher, now SANcero, Prancer and Vixen.'

Beaumains is French or something. Bo-mah? Hate it. Byoo-manes? Nope. Best stick with just B.

Velprece rhymes with sell-grease, emphasis on the grease.

Oh, and hi everybody.
  • Sancero said:
    Sancero rhymes with dancer-o. As for the stress, think 'Now Dasher, now SANcero, Prancer and Vixen.'

Beaumains is French or something. Bo-mah? Hate it. Byoo-manes? Nope. Best stick with just B.

Velprece rhymes with sell-grease, emphasis on the grease.

Oh, and hi everybody.
    bo-MEN, with a nasal tone on the second syllable.
  • Koh-Yoo-Key

It's sort of mixed Japanese, except anyone knowing Japanese would probably kill me if they heard me say it or try to write it.

It (kinda) means 'Small Snow'. 
  • Daeir said:
    day-ear

or day-eyre if you're feeling fancy

or dah-ear if you're feeling petulant

Try one of these three alternate pronunciations:

lol because dairy...Okay, that was bad of me. Really, really bad of me.

Word of advice: When someone tries to compliment you with 'You look absolutely delicious today, dear @Daeir', start running.

• [Vaakance]
  • Seeing how I've changed names in the game.

It's Dre-ka.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I always pronounce Mosr's last name Goth-fraid. Like a goth person is afraid of the letter H. Gothfraidh.

Sar'vet. Sartan - tan and veteran - eran.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.