New ideas for the Bardics

I've been considering getting into back into the bardics and was trying to decide on what direction I should go in.  I've already had 2 pieces awarded runner up.  Both pieces, called "From The Other Side", are from the perspective of a mob. The first was through the eyes of a rat and the second a waterweird.  What I'm wondering, is if I should continue this with another piece through the eyes of something else relativity unassuming or if I should try a different style.  For those who've read the two pieces, can you offer any advice on what I can work on in order to improve if I choose to do another piece like them?
Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.

Comments

• While I haven't submitted anything under Mariel's name, a few of my characters through the years have had success with...wait, why would I divulge my secrets to the competition?

Actually, your "From the Other Side" idea sounds much more creative than anything I've thought of. I generally have written poems that I feel have a good rhythm and are readable as well as enjoyable, so that they leave a good impression on the judges without taking too long to slog through or getting pitched in the tl;dr pile.

As for ideas, if I were going to do something for a Bardic, it'd definitely be about the recent events, be it Bal'Met or Targossas.

• Scyraenux while under Bal'mets will and his slaughter of the Gods while his trapped mind look on and can't so anything about it.
  • Cain's ember.