A brief prayer

edited September 2012 in The Scarlattan Theatre
A few things have fallen flat for me IG recently-ish, and so I've been left to make my own fun a little more often. Below is a solo prayer blurb from last week, something I hadn't done with Cinya in IRL years, and I'd forgotten how much fun it was! Highly recommend them to anyone with a religious character. 

Enjoy! 

Altar to Ourania. (Hashan)

This large alcove has but one dominant feature, the altar to Ourania. It consists of a small, twenty inch alabaster statue of Ourania, Goddess of the moon, which rests on a pedestal of dark basalt. The pedestal thrusts upwards from the centre of a pool of clear water, fed from fountains of maidens along its rim. Water pours from baskets on their back, as they kneel to the Goddess. A small, padded kneeling bench runs around the perimeter of the pool to allow passerby's a chance to kneel and praise the Trisagia. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. This shrine is crafted into the form of three tall women standing back to back in a tight circle, hands clasped together at their sides. Hanging upon the wall, a triptych painting entitled "Heavenly Mother" is displayed. Hovering in the air, a pure milky white moonstone subtly rotates. Perched upon the fountain, an iridescent lunalia chirrups quietly. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.

You see a single exit leading east.

You have emoted: Cinya stares blankly at the shrine, her expression utterly hollow.

You have emoted: Cinya glances self-consciously to the doorway, then shifts forward into a kneeling position before the statue. She threads her fingers together cautiously.

You say finally in a heavy voice, "It has been a long time since I've spoken to a Divine like this. Even if, Y'know, You're not even listening. I'm not one of Yours, I know it."

You have emoted: Cinya tilts her head dismissively.

You say slowly in a heavy voice, "It's... weird. So forgive me if my words are clumsy."

You have emoted: Cinya licks her lips hesitantly as she considers her next words.

You say in a struggling voice, "...I pray for the ability to accept Change gracefully."

You say in a struggling voice, "It is always something I've struggled with, always. It-."

You have emoted: Cinya pauses to prevent her speech from speeding.

You say gravely in a struggling voice, "It has... taken more from me than I want to think about, Lady Ourania, the inability to appreciate Change like it warrants."

You say in a quickening voice, "I pray for the ability to understand Change, the ability to accept it. The ability to move on when I need to."

You say in a cracking voice, "Because Gods know I'm not right now. I haven't been."

You have emoted: Cinya pauses for a wavering inhale, then exhales it slowly and deliberately.

You say in a cracking voice, "...please, Lady Ourania. I'm more proud than I like to admit, and I make it a point not to beg. But I beg of You the ability to understand and accept Change."

You say in a quiet voice, "Please be with me, in some sense, as I... try."

You say firmly in a quiet voice, "I need this."

You have emoted: Cinya lowers her forehead to her hands reverently in a long moment of silent prayer.

You say in an almost inaudible voice, "Thank You."

You have emoted: Cinya sighs heavily and leans backwards, sitting once more and crossing her legs one over the other.

You have emoted: Cinya rises reluctantly.

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

You say seriously, "I'll be back. I know that understanding is earned through more than a single prayer in an hour of need."

You lower your head respectfully.

You slip away to the east and successfully evade your pursuers.

Mathonwy said:
dactylic hexameter is
way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    This was beautiful, Cinya. Self-RP is one of those things I'm still getting used to, and this is just such a shining example. It also gave me a bit of inspiration for something I've been struggling to figure out recently.

Keep up the good work!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I really like this.
  • I like this been working on something similar myself.
    ~O)
  • Good read. I've always enjoyed our interactions, Cinya. I have a feeling things are going to pick up in-game for you soon!
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • D'aw, thanks for the kind words, everyone. It's appreciated. :)
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • This makes me feel better about my own self-indulgent solo roleplay (though I'll still be hoping there's not Someone watching and thinking I'm silly).
  • I adore this sort of thing, so it's lovely to get a peek at a log from another. Even if no others see it, it gives your character an important moment to remember. Wonderful!