Wedding!!!

Meant to post this a while ago, got all caught up with other things.
Anyway, with another huge thank you to everyone involved, Lia and Sohl's wedding.

Sohl takes his place beside the altar, tugging the front of his jacket smooth.

Mordanyconus steps forward and gestures for silence.

Mordanyconus says, "Greetings, and welcome."

Mordanyconus says, "We gather to mark the occasion of the matrimony of two people."

Mordanyconus says, "You may wonder what significance this has to Nihilism, a philosophy often simplified as "what's the point.""

Mordanyconus says, "A more appropriate way of putting it would be: why not?"

Mordanyconus says, "These two have chosen to spend their limited time together, and it is our hope that they have chosen well."

Mordanyconus says, "That is why we gather. So pray silence, and attend, as the bride enters."

Lianca arrives, following Orklanishkal.
Orklanishkal arrives from the south.

Orklanishkal gives Lianca a peck on the cheek.

Lianca smiles softly at Orklanishkal.

Orklanishkal leaves Lianca's side and moves quickly next to Amunet.

Lianca steps to stand beside Sohl, in front of the gathered crowd.

Mordanyconus produces a thin iron chain, little more than a ribbon of tiny links, from his robes.

Mordanyconus says, "The religion of Nihilism has little tradition of oaths."

Sohl smiles softly at Lianca as she steps up to the altar.

Mordanyconus says, "There are a few, however, which we consider binding. He who enters the Priesthood of Babel makes one such."

Mordanyconus says, "As such, it must be entered into willingly and freely. Sohl, extend your hand and swear what oaths you have to swear."

Sohl brings his right hand up and holds it before him, shaking only a little.

Sohl smiles and says to Lianca with an urbane accent, "Lianca. My love."

Sohl says to Lianca with an urbane accent, "As I stand here today, within this sacrosanct chapel, and before all of these witnesses gathered before us, I am filled with a sense of true awe."

Sohl says to Lianca with an urbane accent, "Never in my life did I think I would find someone with whom I could wait for Oblivion alongside."

Sohl says with an urbane accent, "I take you as my wife, from this time onward. To share and join with you in all that is to come, to give and receive, to listen and to speak, to form a Twin that shall last until Oblivion takes the world. I will carry you when you tire, comfort when you grieve, and take pleasure when you are happy. This I swear, for all the days of our lives."

Lianca smiles and blushes, her eyes bright.

Mordanyconus wraps one half of the chain around Sohl's extended hand.

Mordanyconus says, "Lianca, take his hand and say what you have to say."

Lianca reaches out and takes Sohl's hand in hers.

Lianca, Occult Taskmaster says to Sohl, "We have our lives ahead of us now, in service together towards perfect Oblivion."

Lianca, Occult Taskmaster says to Sohl, "You lend strength to my arm, you are my confidence, and I know no fear nor doubt when we stand side by side."

Lianca, Occult Taskmaster smiles and says to Sohl, "I will obey none but the Master, but I will love you, Sohl, and offer you the same support, until the day when we are finally one. This I swear to you."

Mordanyconus wraps the other half of the chain around Lianca's hand, binding the two together.

Mordanyconus says, "Listen to what I say to you."

Mordanyconus says, "These oaths you have sworn have no power. I do not bind you with them. The Lord of Oblivion does not bind you with them. They are flimsy things made of mortal words."

Mordanyconus says, "If you expect them to stand, you must give them strength."

Mordanyconus says, "Their authority comes from you, and you alone. Keep them, and they will be as stone, lasting as long as anything can. Ignore them, and they will die."

Mordanyconus bends down and blows softly on the iron chain, which swiftly begins to rust.

The chain rusts quickly, discolouration spreading through its entire length. In a mere moment, it has dissolved into dull red dust, which blows away on a cold breeze.

Mordanyconus says, "You are married, Lianca. You are married, Sohl. Don't forget it."

Mordanyconus smiles cheerfully.

Hirst says in a raspy, guttural voice, "Congratulations to both of you."

Lianca beams broadly at Sohl.

Mordanyconus says, "An exchange of presents and of kisses is, I believe, appropriate?"

Sohl smiles softly at Lianca.

Sohl steps closer to Lianca, reaching out to take her hand in his.

Sohl leans close for a chaste kiss, a smile written across his lips.

Lianca, Occult Taskmaster laughingly says, "Well, my husband appears to have gotten coy. There is food and drink in the bar, please consume it all!"

Mordanyconus says, "Or you can go and see this cultural abomination, I suppose..."

Lianca leans into Sohl and kisses him sweetly, her cheeks burning red as she does.

Mordanyconus's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Sohl turns to face the crowd, still holding the hand of Lianca.

Sohl smiles and says to Mordanyconus with an urbane accent, "Our sincerest thanks, my friend."

Lianca, Occult Taskmaster smiles and says to Mordanyconus, "Thank you so much, High Priest."

<Preparing to go and celebrate>

A lattice of red lines flares around the wrist of Sohl, and he grows pale before slumping to the ground, succumbing to an unseen ailment.

A lattice of red lines flares around the wrist of Lianca, and she grows pale before slumping to the ground, succumbing to an unseen ailment.

- 2013/01/21 23:40:16 - Snared by the cold grasp of matrimony, Lianca has succumbed to the boundless chill of the Void.
- 2013/01/21 23:40:18 - Snared by the cold grasp of matrimony, Sohl has succumbed to the boundless chill of the Void.

The soul of Sohl says with an urbane accent, "I was warned of the health risks of matrimony."

The soul of Sohl says with an urbane accent, "Never did I think they would manifest so quickly."

Mordanyconus says, "Well, I did warn you the oaths you swore had only the strength you gave them."

Mordanyconus says, "You then went on to kiss her."

Mordanyconus says, "Obviously you weren't paying attention."

A plume of thick black smoke billows in, churning with eldritch fire as it parts to reveal Babel, God of Oblivion.

The body of General Sohl Vallah shimmers briefly and returns to life.

The body of Lianca, Occult Taskmaster shimmers briefly and returns to life.

Babel, God of Oblivion says, "Live, and serve."

The God of Oblivion melts into a plume of thick black smoke that flashes with eldritch fire as it disperses.

Sohl says with an urbane accent, "Truly, a blessing upon this new chapel."

Mordanyconus says, "And now you had probably best go and stuff your faces."

The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."

Comments

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    This wedding was great. I'm so glad I got to witness it.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!