Earrings of Sinope

CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
edited February 2013 in The Golden Dais of Creation
This is an extremely awesome artifact that many people in game already have.

Problem with this artifact role play wise is the message it sends.
the lines are clearly made for marriage or at least lovers. When many people who have them are not.
I seriously doubt that Tanris role plays that his true love is 17 different people at once.

And after realizing that it's going to take a min of 800 credits to get the earrings lines changed.
It's kinda ridiculous, With the earrings as they are now the artifact is being abused by allowing other to have it who are not lovers. (Role play wise)
or to use them I need to role play incest love with my father.
I suggest a fix to change the basic lines of all the earrings to something a little bit more neutral than true love.
or design a system that doesn't cost 800 credits to customize the message.

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    disappointed

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited February 2013
    Caladbolg said:
    This is an extremely awesome artifact that many people in game already have.

Problem with this artifact role play wise is the message it sends.
    the lines are clearly made for marriage or at least lovers. When many people who have them are not.
    I seriously doubt that Tanris role plays that his true love is 17 different people at once.

And after realizing that it's going to take a min of 800 credits to get the earrings lines changed.
    It's kinda ridiculous, With the earrings as they are now the artifact is being abused by allowing other to have it who are not lovers. (Role play wise)
    or to use them I need to role play incest love with my father.

I suggest a fix to change the basic lines of all the earrings to something a little bit more neutral than true love.
    or design a system that doesn't cost 800 credits to customize the message.
    I can get onboard with you wanting the line changed so you don't appear to be part of the Sapient Swingers club.  But calling it 'abuse' is just a little bit melodramatic, and... no, you don't need to roleplay incestuous love with your father, but there's nothing to stop you if you want to ;)
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited February 2013
    I tried to read your idea, but I couldn't ignore your sentence structure.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited February 2013
    Cahin said:
    I tried to read your idea, but I couldn't ignore your sentence structure.
    My english classes was in a computer lab in school. I played Achaea durning English class.

And I mean honestly. it's pretty much turned into more of an ooc thing. The line it's self doesn't' actually bother me after seing it used so many times. However role play wise it does.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I believe the cost for the line to be changed is over 1k credits. A few people have asked about it and the cost isn't really justified to bother with.

I'm quite happy being in love with several men at once. Doesn't mean I am sleeping with them. RIP Selene.

I do kind of dislike the way earrings are used but with the theme of the earrings, it's the power of true love that lets you transverse the continent to be with someone.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited February 2013

True love does not have to mean lovers or marriage. Brothers in arms, family members, close friends. All of these, and more I'm sure, can have bonds of love much stronger than that giddy 'in love' feeling that so many confuse for love.

Also would no longer be able to tease Xer for lusting after Tirac. Dislike.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• XerXer Langley
    D: Tirac's badass. Surprised more men and women aren't going after him >.> Or maybe I just don't know what's going on behind closed doors <.<
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • More than you want to know. @Xer
  • It is even weirder when you see the dude has an Earring of Sinope through his nowhere.

Does kind of fit though.....

• Katzchen
    said:

True love does not have to mean lovers or marriage. Brothers in arms, family members, close friends. All of these, and more I'm sure, can have bonds of love much stronger than that giddy 'in love' feeling that so many confuse for love.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.