Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• No, it actually can.
  • i like pancakes

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Cooper is right

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Actually, no, but he is right.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    What stops tumble? I know double delph does but anything else.

• Caladbolg said:
    What stops tumble? I know double delph does but anything else.
    Forcing someone to move in the same direction they're moving.
  • Forcing movement in any direction iirc.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• @Cooper's post in the Ranting Menace made me think of this.

Classes with force abilities, do you have any tips/strategies you're willing to divulge in getting a force that takes balance/equilibrium to go through? Most of my tinkering with forcing has been in attempting to force blademasters into Arash, but I've had absolutely no success with timing. Any tips?
  • Long hypno seal, snap, run the hell away.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited February 2013
    I love my Vodun Command abilities as a Shaman. The problem is in the timing. There are many, many ways to get people to be on balance/equilibrium, to be able to force them. If they're super defensive - i.e. stay in one room diagnosing forever, you probably won't be able to get anything out of them, but you're in no danger at all either. But if they even attempt to do anything else, there are windows of opportunity that you can take advantage of. Message me on forums, or IG and we can talk about them more if you want. 

Granted, I think like a Shaman, not a Monk. Force goes through in the local area, always. That's unlike Monks where they need to strip deafness. Nevertheless, there are a few really important force abilities that I can think of for Monk.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Not that I'm the most creative Devo Force user or anything, but I either leave the room and use tempTriggers to fire the Force I want as soon as they enter, or leave and wait just long enough for them to regain balance/EQ, enter and fire it.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited February 2013
    Tesha got my armor off and forced me into Arash by running out of the room everytime I used a slash on her

But then again I pay attention to switch stances and my armor being forced off so idk.

Also on a side note dor diag works wonders.

• Yeah, I'd like to avoid using triggers like that if possible. Just doesn't sit well with me.
  • You can always break their arms if they're a weapon-using class. It'll stop them from DSLing/shielding/whatevering just long enough for you to sneak in a force. Odds are they'll just dor diag to make sure that you can't force, like Caladbolg said. Even if you do manage to do something, if it causes them to lose EQ/balance they'll probably notice, so I really wouldn't feel bad about something like trigger forcing on movement.
  • Zeon said:
    Forcing movement in any direction iirc.

I think it's movement in any direction if they aren't prone, but if they're prone, you have to force movement in the direction they're tumbling. Correct me if I'm wrong
  • edited February 2013
    Jacen said:
    @Cooper's post in the Ranting Menace made me think of this.

Classes with force abilities, do you have any tips/strategies you're willing to divulge in getting a force that takes balance/equilibrium to go through? Most of my tinkering with forcing has been in attempting to force blademasters into Arash, but I've had absolutely no success with timing. Any tips?
    Move into room/force, break a leg/force on stand, web or similar/force when they writhe out. These have all worked for me to varying degrees in the past.

Jacen said:
    Yeah, I'd like to avoid using triggers like that if possible. Just doesn't sit well with me.
    I don't get this attitude at all.
  • Zeon said:
    Forcing movement in any direction iirc.
    While that is usually true, Lyr's suggestion is preferable. When the tumbling person is not prone, forcing movement in any direction works. If he is prone, only forcing the direction he's actually trying to move in stops the tumble.

I have at times deliberately gone prone before tumbling, just to make use of this effect and hope that someone will force the wrong direction.
  • Still can't find anyone that knows where hydra damages come from.

Anyone know what effects the Hydra Flame or Hydra Bite?

As well, what effects Hydra roar or hydra snap?

the last head is pretty self explanatory.

Help please?
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Hydra damage is directly proportional to your dedication to Nature.

Also what is a dor?

Party right, party hard,

• Sidonia said:
    Jacen said:
    Yeah, I'd like to avoid using triggers like that if possible. Just doesn't sit well with me.
    I don't get this attitude at all.
    Its just a personal thing, I guess. To me, its on par with triggering -touch brazier- to party calling mind strip cloak or something similar. I don't want my offensive triggered actions to be the reason I beat someone.
  • So you draw an honour line between using triggers for your defense and using them for your offense?

Party right, party hard,

• XerXer Langley
    edited February 2013
    Offensive triggers are also easy to abuse should someone know you do that. The difficulty is someone finding it out in the first place, but if they do... well, some people know some of my non-standard reflexes and could easily screw me over if I'm not paying attention - before I fixed them anyways >.>
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I would trigger the everything if my latency allowed for it.
  • Zeon said:
    So you draw an honour line between using triggers for your defense and using them for your offense?
    I draw the line between using triggered actions for curing and using triggered actions for defense/offense. The only action my character does that isn't executed immediately when I send a hotkey/alias that the default svo package doesn't do is add "wield shield" to my do queue. I've never shielded on snap, I don't have an auto tumbler, I don't mind paralyze on deathstrike/behead/etc. Its just... something I don't do. I wouldn't call it an honor line as much as a... ethical line, I guess. Sorry, I've got a weird ethical code when I play games, heh.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Jacen said:
    Zeon said:
    So you draw an honour line between using triggers for your defense and using them for your offense?
    I draw the line between using triggered actions for curing and using triggered actions for defense/offense. The only action my character does that isn't executed immediately when I send a hotkey/alias that the default svo package doesn't do is add "wield shield" to my do queue. I've never shielded on snap, I don't have an auto tumbler, I don't mind paralyze on deathstrike/behead/etc. Its just... something I don't do. I wouldn't call it an honor line as much as a... ethical line, I guess. Sorry, I've got a weird ethical code when I play games, heh.
    Triggerings all of these things would be completely stupid, so they are not good examples

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I'm sorry my examples dont measure up. They were the only ones that came to mind.
  • A better example of dubious ethics is a beckon triggered to alertness. But modern systems can help you with pre-blocking, so it just becomes a war of ping, or smarts to do "direction;;block direction".