Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Aina said:
    Does Impale Slash do a lot of bleeding damage or is it solely to increase clot cost?
    When I tested it (which was quite a while ago now, when blademasters were still new) it caused less than 50 bleeding (I think it was 35).
  • Aina said:
    Does Impale Slash do a lot of bleeding damage or is it solely to increase clot cost? Also, is there some sort of chart available for BM limb breaks?
    Dorn posted his limb counter on the old forums, it shouldn't be hard to find over there. If you can't find it, I'll package up my version (His with a few things tweaked) and send it to you.
  • Aina said:

Does Impale Slash do a lot of bleeding damage or is it solely to increase clot cost? Also, is there some sort of chart available for BM limb breaks?

Used to increase clot cost insanely. It's currently a gamechanging, very strong ability for BMs.
  • Impaleslash, as far as testing could tell, appears to add 1/30th of your max mana to each clot cost. So for an average target it triples clotting costs, but it can go as high as quadrupling or even quintupling for some.

The latest version of my limbcounter can be found here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1xVCQsUL63rajlPRUM0QWhFcDg/edit

Be warned, there's at least a couple of bugs that I've fixed up but not released just yet, largely due to being a lazy git. I'll probably post something sometime this weekend, since I still need to check on some of the thresholds and make sure they're right.
  • Clotting under impaleslash is 60+maxmana/30 mana/clot. I thought that was an increase (double?) on the base cost as well, but it looks like it's 60 per normally. Was base clotting cost changed relatively recently, or did I just have it wrong?
  • Tirac said:
    I once paid 270 credits to learn forging and then bought a 400 credit forging hammer, and then bought about 200 credits worth of steel, making a bunch of crappy 231s and ending up buying rapiers from other people anyway. Ah, my frivolous youth... oh wait this was me last month.
    I'm proudly holding out with my inept forging still. Go me
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited January 2013
    Impaleslash used to do % bleed based on how much you had.

Back when Vadi-m was the cool thing and no one clotted as soon as you bladetwisted you could bladetwist bladetwist impaleslash bstar and in that setup with out them clotting impaleslash did more bleeding than a btwist

Not sure now. However it seems to do a decent ammount of bleeding as I typically only discern on bladetwists but my second one is usually always in the 400-500 range and I hardly ever break torso.

-------
    Also does anyone know what the actual time of Airfist is and it's chance to keep target from parrying? I know guardings 100% but not sure on parrying...

• Isn't it the standard 8/16 or whatever? Thought all strikes were the same.

Feels like 50%.
  • edited February 2013
    Impaleslash currently rewards easy impales and is very strong. It'd be cooler if it was more powerful when used situationally and not just so generally gamechanging. I'd also like to see BM get a few more interesting kill techniques but it isn't that easy to add in, especially for BM :(.
  • Caladbolg said:
    Impaleslash used to do % bleed based on how much you had.

Back when Vadi-m was the cool thing and no one clotted as soon as you bladetwisted you could bladetwist bladetwist impaleslash bstar and in that setup with out them clotting impaleslash did more bleeding than a btwist

Not sure now. However it seems to do a decent ammount of bleeding as I typically only discern on bladetwists but my second one is usually always in the 400-500 range and I hardly ever break torso.

-------
    Also does anyone know what the actual time of Airfist is and it's chance to keep target from parrying? I know guardings 100% but not sure on parrying...
    Near as I can tell from what testing I've done, bladetwist is about 275 bleeding standard, so 400-500 from two bladetwists with no torso damage is reasonable if impaleslash isn't doing anything significant and the target hasn't clotted much yet. Keep in mind you also get 70ish bleed from the impale itself.

All the fists are 15 seconds, or 20 if you're in the stance associated with the relevant element (Thyr for airfist, Arash for flamefist, Mir for icefist, Sanya for voidfist). No real idea on the percentage for the parry bypass, but 50% sounds like the right ballpark.
  • Isn't it 7.5-8, then doubled in the right stance?
  • EldEld
    edited February 2013
    Mizik said:
    Isn't it 7.5-8, then doubled in the right stance?
    15/20 is what I have in my timers, based on testing I did a couple years ago. I'll double check next time I log in.

Edit: tested, looks to be right.
  • 15 seconds sounds right to me. I fought mostly in mir on my alt and airfist usually lasted long enough to set someone up. (Which is overpowered, by the way :()

I hardly ever leave mir when im fighting especially vs monks and im too big of a chicken to ever attack a monks limbs with out having airfist up. However I've pretty much noticed Voidfist is 15 seconds.. Airfist on the other hand seems to last a big longer than my timer which is set at 15 seconds Sometimes I can airfist right after my timer goes off and it'll work sometimes my timer will be off for a few seconds and i'll airfist and ill get the repelled by shin energy line.

• Sounds like a problem with your timer. I've never had a problem with mine, on 15/20 seconds.
  • Could just be latency
  • do you mean that you cant use it for 15 seconds? i have no idea what you are talking about

• It is how the long the effect lasts.

Jespar said:
    do you mean that you cant use it for 15 seconds? i have no idea what you are talking about

With Voidfist,Flamefist,Airfist,Icefist the effect lasts typically 15 seconds and you can't refresh it or switch what fist they currently have until the first one is gone.

• voidfist's effects dont last 15 seconds...
    Jespar said:
    voidfist's effects dont last 15 seconds...
    Voidfists effect acctually does. it's effect is a chance when you eat a herb for that herb not to work. So while if you void+para they might eat a bloodroot and be okay on the first try or the fourth-fifth try the effect of Voidfist is the chance for it to fail which lasts 15 seconds.

• How high is the chance? Do we need Sena to show us stats?
  • ah ok
    i thought it only lasted like... 5 seconds or something

Athorem said:
    How high is the chance? Do we need Sena to show us stats?
     I'd get Sena, Sometimes it can keep them afflicted almost the whole 15 seconds and sometimes it won't ever keep them afflicted

• TEAM SENA ASSEMBLE!
  • Things that require the help of other people always take a lot longer to test. And voidfist is especially annoying since you have to reapply it every 15 seconds, I can't just sit there with an herb-eating trigger for 5 minutes.

Also, would I need to actually have an affliction to cure in order to see if the effect activates? If so, that would increase the time a lot, I'd expect at least 20-30 minutes.
  • You would.  And Void Fist is kinda deep in the skill.
  • It would probably be better to look at actual combat logs against blademasters and collect the data from there, unless there's something that would make that too unreliable.
  • will s d 4 these fabled timers

pm plz :)
  • Can Shatter be Parried?