Bardics and Artisanals

2»

Comments

• Or you can write a story about a man walkign through the studio, looking at each one and the emotions invoked in him.
  • If the credit prizes are going up, I think this is a good change. Should encourage people to put more time and effort into submissions, especially those few really good artists who would have to spend hours and hours on a picture.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Katzchen said:
    If the credit prizes are going up, I think this is a good change. Should encourage people to put more time and effort into submissions, especially those few really good artists who would have to spend hours and hours on a picture.
    I suspect that what will actually happen is that the average submission will get longer, not better, and that the Garden will find themselves spending even more time on the administration of the Bardic.  This said, whilst I wasn't (and still am not) a great fan of the changes, I do like the idea of being able to spend more time on submissions.  I also like the idea that folks will now be able to 'catch up' in the Bardic rankings.  As somebody who took almost a decade out from playing Achaea (and submitting) it's nice to know that I could make the top spot in some kind of reasonable timescale if I knuckle down now and start pulling out the stops.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.

• Iocun said:
    What the hell are you talking about? Men don't have emotions.
    In Mhaldor, all have emotions*. Come join us! It's free**, free**, free** !*** 

*Servility is an emotion and the only emotion.
    **Unless you're a filthy heathen in which case, get in touch with whoever we ask you to get in touch with (do not question us, we are always right)  and pay whatever we ask you (No questions allowed for filthy heathens). Joining Mhaldor is subject to market risks. Please read your offer document carefully before applying.
    ***This is a public service announcement that has nothing to do with the topic
    Best post ever ;) Now... I have an overwhelming compulsion to sign something.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • You're actually allowed to ask questions if you eliminate your immediate superiors mercilessly.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Exciting indeed... for them. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Looks like Mhaldor is raiding threads again.

On topic: I really hope this does raise the bar of the quality of submissions but there's a few factors, so we'll just have to wait and see.