Mudlet 4.9+ GUI

13»

Comments

• When I do "zgui", "close all", and "zstyle golddouble" it seems all windows come back. Anyone else have this?

• Hello. I have noticed a weird behavior. When I go into CONFIG, it respects my pagelength. However, when I use HELP, it ignores my pagelength and gives me the entire help file without me using MORE. What causes this behavior? When I uninstall this package, the problem resolves.

• edited May 2022
    Thanks for this! Works great!
  • @Zulah This is awesome and thanks for putting this together! The lock affliction window is really cool and being able to rearrange with drag and drop and resize is amazing compared to hand adjust values for previous GUI's and constantly changing numbers small increments just to get a single layout right.

If/when you push out new/updated code, I noticed when adjusting some of the font sizes around not being able to adjust the player room size from changing the value in the 'EDIT ME: Startup Main' script. For player room font size display, it has the variable zgui.roomPlayersSize, and I took a look at the script handling players in room, and it looks like it's currently using zgui.roomplayersSize for the font value. I never realized variables were caps sensitive as mine don't use caps, but it looked like changing them to match worked, so hope this helps anyone else and with any future updates you push out.

I'm not sure if you have plans on implementing any suggested windows, but the one I'm currently putting together and trying to use your work as a template (thanks for commenting so well to follow!) is one from a previous GUI I used that displayed # of unread news, # unread messages, and gold on you (doesn't count what's in Aran'kesh nest- which is a nice tell if you forgot to put it away as the number here is much higher if nest is still in inventory). Those three use the values in gmcp.Char.Status.unread_news, gmcp.Char.Status.unread_msgs and gmcp.Char.Status.gold for reference if you or anyone are interested in displaying that.

@Big Papa Jomi not sure if you resolved the issue you were having a while back with multiple AFF echo's, but I was able to successfully comment out the two echo lines and it persist. Do you have some sort of syncing toggled on with the base package that reverts the code on loading and overwriting your changes? I think that's only with modules though. I added "--" to line 6 of zgui.AffPlus and line 10 of zgui.AffMinus which seemed to remove it and persist between sessions. Lines below are the ones I changed.
    cecho("<gray>[<coral> AFF  <gray>] <red> "..affliction.."\n")
    cecho("<gray>[<lime_green> AFF  <gray>] <lawn_green> "..lostAff:title().."\n")

Thanks again for the awesome GUI and the work you put into it!
  • Ooops never mind about the gold, I see now how it works, wasn't displaying anything at first when added the window, just saying no count. 
  • For anyone who is having the slow loading issue (mostly people with SVOF and ZGUI, but it could affect anyone who loads a lot of modules), here is the fix:

In the DarkTheme script, remove the 'sysInstall' event handler (leave sysLoadEvent).

Fix was found by Siv and communicated on discord!

• Thanks Cooper for that fix!
  • Direct thanks to Siv, I'm just the messenger.

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    I seem to recall this used to gag communications in the main window and just put them in chat, but I can't figure out how to get it to do it. Any tips?

• I'm having an issue with just downloading and installing the package itself. I downloaded from github (properly, I think), but when I go to install the package via package manager, nothing shows up and it's not there.
  • Updating the balances gui element to use svo balances is actually pretty easy, replacement scripts here:

• @Treyal does this update properly for you? It seems to need another prompt after you lose/gain the balance to adjust. It might be a trigger or something on my end though.

• @Cooper- Nope, you're totally right, it doesn't seem to actually update the balance on the first post-action prompt... Let me figure out what's going on there.
  • edited April 2023
    Double post because editing is verboten, but this is apparently a trigger ordering bug. Move a copy of the wsys balance prompt trigger from Zgui -> Balances to like svo (offering), and disable the original, so that you have a copy for if a svo update wipes out the moved version.

Because svo is managed by module manager, the priority resets every time, so simply moving Zgui to the bottom won't work, though I'm not sure if there's an alternative option.

Edit: It looks like there may also be something wrong with smoke balance, but it seems to be svo not updating svo.bals, rather than anything wrong with the Zgui side... Will poke at it.
  • here's mine. After using Nexus since I created Lurch, I kept it as close to Nexus as possible.