Quick Questions

1401402403404405407»

Comments

• @Brody If you haven't gotten your answer yet, no. You use SHADOW BANISH SCYTHE to make it be absorbed back into your shadow.

• Does tunnel vision only block healing sips and eating, or all eating and drinking?

How long can you be docked before your ship gets drydocked?

• edited November 2021

Either two weeks or two IG years for drydocking. I forget what two it is.

Either way you get a msg like 3 days in advance.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Has anyone used the glittering mud item from a year or so back? Does it make the item it was used on non decay, since the mud doesn't decay?

• 19.10.19 Promotional Items

- A handful of glittering mud

The handful of glittering mud is a new consumable item that can be applied to many resetting items to give them a special, Seleucarian themed description!

The item must be resetting to you, loyal to you, and in your inventory.

Currently viable items are: Rings, bracelets, boots, belts, pendants, armour (not morphing), wings, shields, and earrings. If you have a resetting item that can be interacted with by any of these terms, then the mud will alter its description!

PROBE <mudID> <RING/BRACELET/BOOTS/BELT/ARMOUR/WINGS/SHIELD/EARRING/PENDANT> to see what they will turn into!

PUSH <mudID> <itemID> to change the description (this will consume the mud)

Mud can be traded in via the Promo Tradein command.

(Not sure if you already read this.)

• Are scintillating gems intended to be given as a gift? It seems you aren't allowed to trade them in for credits if it doesn't bear your distinctive mark.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited December 2021

Nvm, already answered.

• edited January 2022

For those that like to quest, how do you usually approach it? Are there certain things you're methodical about that in the past have led you to honours lines? I'm curious to find out what strategies questers use so that I can get better. Sometimes there's struggling, a lot. And then sometimes there's a sliver of success that makes you keep going.

• There is also the part where you throw it across the room in frustration.

• Assuming typical questing with no shenanigans by its coder/creator, pay attention to what the denizens involved in the quest actually say. Keywords are quite literally key, and there are often clues hidden in the quest log description or from the original words the denizen used to assign you the quest.

Also look at room descriptions! If you need to go find a forge but none of the rooms are named 'forge room', look at the room descriptions carefully to see if a forge (or something like it) is described.

Say certain keywords in the same room as denizens that could lead the denizen to give you clues.

And then bop it. Twist it. Pull it, even.

• I’ve been hearing about speed caps on dstab and that your speed is a mix of artifact level and dex. If I have 16 dex and a l1 dirk will I hit speed cap?

• you need a Thoth's fang and ... 19 dex for that I believe

• 16 dex will require a level 2 dirk to hit the "cap"

Thoth's fang allows you to dstab .1s faster than any other dirk, and takes 15 dex to hit the lowest dstab speed.

• Did dragon talisman drops increase recently? Last 6 months?

• This was a recent change:

- Talisman piece droprates have been tweaked for the Underworld. Number of pieces dropped is unchanged, but pieces will be of somewhat higher value on average.

• Are artefact upgrades discounted for the month? What's the best way to take advantage of the sale (if at all) when you have a lot of bound credits?

Thanks!
  • wear hood
    You are now wearing a purple cat-eared hood.

raise hood
    You are not wearing an item of clothing with a hood.

My question is this: What?

Do hoods behave like other hooded clothing without having to RAISE HOOD? What's going on here?

• Froggle said:
    wear hood
    You are now wearing a purple cat-eared hood.

raise hood
    You are not wearing an item of clothing with a hood.

My question is this: What?

Do hoods behave like other hooded clothing without having to RAISE HOOD? What's going on here?

I was able to find answers IC. For anyone else with the same question, tailored hoods do not function like hooded cloaks and robes. Tailors cannot set hashood on and fashionistas cannot RAISE HOOD. Idea 215, let hoods be hoods!
  • To those who have played for a long time and switched cities over time: how long did it take to adjust to the new city and how did you? I played.. 2 years to get comfy in Cyrene, and I worry it's gonna take the same amount of time to really settle in Eleusis. I mean, I like it, I really do with all the story going on, but, I still feel like such an awkward potato. 
  • Do you think there'll be any forum contests? or will they all be moved to the achaean discord? I nearly feel like the forums are gonna become phased out...
  • Forums are already almost entirely phased out. Updates aren't posted here anymore, there's really no discussion happening, and every news post mentions the discord. It's unfortunate for people who do not want to use discord, but I would guess that no, there won't be any more forum contests.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus is right, the forums were phased out a year ago with the introduction of the official discord server.

• Sahhh... that's what I was worried over.... well, thanks for still answering, @Iaxus @Cooper
    mayyyyyyyybe I can eventually be found on discord......
  • Ryssa said:
    Sahhh... that's what I was worried over.... well, thanks for still answering, @Iaxus @Cooper
    mayyyyyyyybe I can eventually be found on discord......
    I'm still using the Forums! I don't like Discord at all... how can IRC even handle long form discussions without being incessantly engaged? It's obnoxious.

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Hey, girl."

A male voice is heard through the membrane, "Are you an Apostate? ..because you just tore my heart out."