"Among Us" (Achaean bloodbath!)

Hello everybody. I just wanted to gauge interest to see if there was any interest in doing a game night one evening to play Among us. I have gotten some interest so far, but wanted to throw it out to the rest of the community so that everybody has a chance to play.

For those of you that aren't familiar, Among Us is a recently trending social-deduction game that only costs $4.99 on Steam. It is somewhere between Mafia for those who played it as a kid, and @Tesha's dawn massacre game that I can't remember the name of! Essentially, 3 of 10 players begin as intruders. While the entire crew of 10 goes about trivial tasks on a 2D space ship, the intruders attempt to overthrow the rest of the crew without being discovered. Emergency meetings are either called or held when a body is discovered, and the crew can discuss whether a suspected individual should be ejected from the ship!

It's a game that involves strategy, stealth, and brains. It could be a lot of fun if we got 10 Achaeans to play together via Discord or some other means. I haven't tried it out yet, but looking forward to it. 

Cheers!

Comments

• I've been playing it with my non-Achaean friend group, and would definitely be down to play with more people. Can find me on discord as Tiny#0017, or in the Achaean server as Iaxus.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Awesome. I'll keep you updated once I have a few more recruits!
  • I'm in. I can probably drag my fiance along.
  • The Garden team plays occasionally, and we definitely don't hold grudges.
  • Nicola said:
    The Garden team plays occasionally, and we definitely don't hold grudges.
    Lord Aegis as an intruder? Good luck to you guys!

• That's impressive.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• I've got just under 10 hours played currently. It's a lot of fun.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Iaxus said:
    I've got just under 10 hours played currently. It's a lot of fun.
    I live vicariously through watching other people.

Mostly because rando-lobbies suck.
  • I've been playing on the mobile version for this. Is there any difference between the paid Steam version and the mobile app?
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    looks like a less funny commercial ss13
  • Jakiro said:
    I've been playing on the mobile version for this. Is there any difference between the paid Steam version and the mobile app?
    No ads on Steam version.

Jumpy said:

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    I'm down to play
  • Awesome. I'll put together a Discord group in the near future for us all to get in touch about times. Probably once all this birthday fun settles down. 
  • I tried Among Us because of this thread...fun stuff, count me in! :)
  • Thaisen said:
    I tried Among Us because of this thread...fun stuff, count me in! :)
    If in doubt, vote Thaisen out.

>:(
  • Adrik said:
    Thaisen said:

=) 

I've played like 30 games so far and haven't been the imposter yet... :(
  • Thaisen said:
    Adrik said:
    Thaisen said:

=) 

I've played like 30 games so far and haven't been the imposter yet... :(
    Imposter is where its at!
  • I'd totally be down for some Among Us, and Vivena is interested as well. Discord is grapedrink#0269
  • SophiSophi Rally Point
    the worst thing about among us is people who leave when they don't get imposter and ruin games >:|
  • https://discord.gg/fPutu9e

Here is the Discord server. I'll get it organized when I have a little more time, but at least to get everybody in one place :)
  • edited September 2020
    How does just after the Serenade work for most? Not sure what timezones are like among us  ;)
  • I’m game

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• crazy addictive, I'm in

• Trey said:
    crazy addictive, I'm in

Awesome. We got about 2 hours of games in Friday night, it was really fun! We just need a few more people to help keep it balanced. 
  • I just recently got the game a few days ago myself to play with my friends but we all live in different time zones so haven't any any change to play yet.

• A year late to the party, but are people still playing? I just picked it up for shits and grins