Auction ideas

Comments

• Increasing veil levels would devalue previous purchases, but lvl 2 veils that don't work on each other would be cool.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Valden said:
    I like the idea of an artifact that give the bearer Runebinding so that Body Runes sketched on them last a full day. It's more convenience than anything but one I'm sure some people would like.
    While you would think it sounds awesome, runebinding only works when you sketch the runes on yourself >P Also, runebinding only gives you 12 hours of runes, not a full day. ... Yeah, I know, most people don't bash for twelve hours straight so it's all day... but it's still not all day.

I get that you'd want it to work on runes people sketch on you, but runebinding in-so-far only works when you sketch on yourself. Just saying. Besides, I dun want Tanris, or Penwize, having 12 hour runes while they're an occie or monk ... or whatever the hell Penwize is. *sage*
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Hey, I suggested worm sources myself, so you can be a little bit more generous about giving others runebinding!
  • I already share runelore with Shamans... and chivalry and forging with Infernals and Paladins. The only thing I have from runelore that's unique to one class is runeblades >.> Everything else, three other classes can get.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Isn't your little serpent unique though?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    An item to instantly transport yourself to your house hall, unless you're prone/webbed etc.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sorry, Cardan.

There are a few things I'd like to see that are mostly for flavour and practicality.

- Portable doves to deliver mail from where ever you are. This was mentioned in the SoW thread and I'd really love to see an auction item like this.

- Personalising the bottles of scents from the Shop of Wonders or selling an item that would allow you to create your own scent. I love adding these to some of my stationery but the defaults are not what I see fitting with my character.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Blademaster item that allows you to name your blade (yes, yes, subject to admin approval)
    • Blademaster item that allows you to choose the description/materials of your blade (yes, yes, subject to admin approval)
    • Bardic instrument that can be played without being wielded (before anyone screams OP, switching between lyre and SoA isn't difficult, just annoying; this item would really just be on a par with the tuning fork)
    • A token that allows you to turn 5 custom emotes (yes, yes, subject to...) into official emotes (removing the balance cost), and you can choose to share these with a race/org/everybody if you so wish.
    • A bench, placed in a room of your choice, with an inscription of your choice which can be READ (yes, yes...)
    • Skiff (a little, one-person sailboat)
    • Kiosk (a little, portal, limited-capacity shop that cannot be bought by anyone who is a shopkeeper already, or has been within the last 12 months)
    • Artefact stilts - all the benefits of being mounted, but BM can use it
    • Artefact megaphone - nixes the cost of public news posts

Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • If one can view a list of deleted or downgraded abilities to choose one to restore.

Not Oblit, axe stun, trb, etc
  • Mizik said:
    If one can view a list of deleted or downgraded abilities to choose one to restore. Not Oblit, axe stun, trb, etc
    @Mizik Serious post?
  • Trey said:
    God, if me and everyone else I know is any indication, the blademaster stuff would go stupidly high. I'll compound that, though. Murad's journal - a comprehensive set of notes that allows the owner to forge blademaster swords in a Heraldry-style command system, choosing materials and colors, with the ability to see a list of the available prefixes and suffixes to choose from. Subject to admin oversight, nix'd if abused. Still requires ash and the materials selected
    Yeah, great idea, but I'd hate to see this at auction because I'd have more chance of converting Dawkins to catholicism than winning that auction.
  • I just want my axe stun, you grinches :(
  • edited January 2013
    For the auctions, shouldn't some legitimately overpowered things be on the table?  I say this as someone who will likely never take part in one, but it seems like that's how it should be.  

EDIT:  mainly looking at Mizik's suggestion... or some others made so far like the old version of Sinope's earrings, the veil suggestions that weren't jokes...
  • this would sell for a ton
    -A pack that works like a stockroom, stuff doesn't decay, but can only hold 10-50 items?  Not sure at what number it becomes unreasonable.

-A bracer that does firelash, firewall, and icewall.  (actually no, just make bracers of frost do this, plz)

-level 2 circlet of will

-wings of tracking (ability to track to people)

• A Token of Disinheritance, forged from the regret of a Divine being made manifest, allows you to disclaim your family with such force that you are no longer recognized as being related.

Though that would probably just hide your bloodline from anyone not in it. Hrm.
  • I want an artefact that automatically gives you a witty retort every time someone insults you.

• Mizik said:
    If one can view a list of deleted or downgraded abilities to choose one to restore. Not Oblit, axe stun, trb, etc
    defstacking?
    Nemutaur said:
    Robes of Willpower, works like Robes of magi cutting the willpower cost of everything by 20%.
    This as a standard artie and not as a robe but uhhh trousers?

• Veldrin said:
    Mizik said:
    defstacking?
    Nemutaur said:
    Robes of Willpower, works like Robes of magi cutting the willpower cost of everything by 20%.
    This as a standard artie and not as a robe but uhhh trouserskilts?
    Pants/trousers are oppressive! >.>
  • How about Pants/trousers/skirts/kilts/leggings/anything else that occupies that slot on a person ?

• Veldrin said:
    How about Pants/trousers/skirts/kilts/leggings/anything else that occupies that slot on a person ?
    You mean like... a wedgie..?
  • Some things that have been sold before, would be nice to see again:

Yggdrasian vial (infinite health vial)
    Ankh of vitality (gives vitality defense)
    Defender's band (all 4 resistance enchants + 10% cutting/blunt defense)
    Phylactery of sixth sense (mindnet)

Here are some new nice things:

superior vibrating stick (worm sources as well as worm warp)
    infinite mana vial
    permanent shimmering orb
    extra trait of one's choice
    2nd shipreturn location
    faster dragonform transformation
    a bottle of moss infusion (restores willpower), usable once per Achaean month
    a fully attested marque (gold auction)
  • Random ideas, I honestly haven't fleshed them out too much.
    Dream Home -- An out-of-subdivisions house at the location of the winner's choosing, after administration approval.
    Formidable Foe -- A pet capable of a meaningful attack with custom attack message. (Meaningful being EITHER desirable amounts of damage OR a chosen affliction.). Pet wouldn't be able to be made invincible, but could get all other add-ons.
    Clean Slate -- ability to remake your character from scratch, transferring all lessons/credits/artefacts to the new character while effectively suiciding the current incarnation.
    Delosian Bag -- A bag that spawns a random artefact each Achaean month that lasts exactly one Achaean day.
    Ring of Oneiros' Blessing -- When you TURN BLESSING, an improved version of the lyre defense which is nigh-impenetrable springs up.
    Steadfast Anklet -- Works as the mass defense, but does not cause damage on movement/prevent dash or gallop/etc.
    Orb of Maya's Embrace -- When the user decides to EMBRACE DEATH, they are transported to the cave after only a 25 second delay.
    Spectacles of Insight -- SECRETS becomes 100% effective. In addition, any items of note in the room that can be maneuvered with effect become apparent upon checking secrets, and any denizens itching for adventurer help stand out to the observant adventurer.

All my completely random thoughts for the moment.
This discussion has been closed.