Quick Questions

Comments

• @Tahquil I did not know this, and now I need more obfuscated crystal vials...

• Are Divines able to peer into clan channels? Or only if they're overseeing sed clan?

• They can see whatever they want.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• RP divine aren't supposed to see into clans owned by Orgs unless they are the patron apparently, but admin have a full log of everything that goes on in the game. So you won't have Sartan listening in on Targ's plans but if you conspire to defraud IRE they will see it.

• Ryssa Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

Are Divines able to peer into clan channels? Or only if they're overseeing sed clan?

To answer you question. Divine can (generally) see and do whatever they want. The one exception being things that go on in beds. So if you are talking in a clan, and they have a vested interest in you (Say, Gaia is keeping tabs on me and I'm talking smack about her in an IC clan), then yeah. They would totally be able to see that.

The general exception is for org-owned clans, so long as

A ) The Divine is not patron of the Main Org

B ) The Main org has a patron.

• Thanks @Iaxus @Accipiter @Adrik for the answers! That's something I've always been curious about, and only had any experience with it in a city channel, tells, and thinks

• What exactly is a "suit of armor" in Achaea? When I probe the armor in stores, all it mentions in the description is "this suit of armor" and basic descriptions depending on its name (e.g., for polished/spiked/graceful). But if you were to customize an armor, or wear it, how would it look? Is it chest only? Does it cover arms? Not forearms? Not shins? Does it include boots?

It's kind of weird trying to understand what it should be looking like and what would be visible of the rest of your clothes when worn. 😅

• Presumably a suit includes the chest piece, leggings, and arm coverings up to the wrist.

I have a customized suit of cloth armour affectionately dubbed as the "spacesuit" which I use as my base layer of clothing for a combat outfit. It's basically a padded armour wetsuit, and I wear things like surcoats, gauntlets and boots over the top of it, if that is helpful at all.

Assume torso always, and full body where it makes sense for things like leather, cloth, fullplate, etc.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

How do I change my signature on these forums? I can't find any option except "signature settings" and it says I don't have permission to do that.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited July 2021

@Jonathin That's definitely a forum bug, I'm getting permission denied 401 for that profile link too.

@Ictinus @Nicola I'm sorry to ping you guys over this (hit me over the head with a whacky stick if you must), but I tried searching -where- to specifically report forum bugs to, cause I know it's been mentioned previously, but I get a lot of unrelated hits. Can you guys provide us some insight on how to go through the proper channels to put this on the right team's radar?

As a two-fer, does anyone know of any artefact or item I could get real quick that would let me pop over to Inbhir Ness quickly? I know Dragons can just Gare there, but I'm a ways off from that and was wondering if there's something a little more convenient available to me than just walking along the Northern Wilderness.

• edited July 2021

I have been imagining a manuscript that can be written in by more than one author; for example, a ship's logbook, to which different crewmembers make notes as to when they conduct maintenance, deposit funds into the strongbox, cook additional stores, etcetera. In looking into the idea, I randomly came across ANNOUNCE #1376:

Announce News Post #1376

Manuscripts - shared journals

Written by: Clementius, the Weaver

Date: Monday, October 13th, 2003

Addressed to: Everyone

Exclusive shops across Sapience have begun to carry the

latest thing in journals. These manuscripts are larger

and heavier than the more common personal journal with

which almost everyone in Sapience must be acquainted by

now! Most importantly, anybody can write on these new

manuscripts, not just a single owner.

Not for the faint of heart, they are currently selling

for fifty thousand gold sovereigns. Discriminating buyers

will immediately see their utility and snap up the quite

limited supplies.

Look in Hashan and Ashtan for the vanguard of trendsetting

shopkeepers carrying the exciting manuscripts!

Penned by my hand on the 23rd of Glacian, in the year 346 AF.

Since these "shared journals" were apparently introduced in Far Ancient Times, I was wondering whether anyone here who retains memories of said era might actually know if they still exist and continue to be purchasable from the right vendors, or if they are now merely a distant and long-forgotten dream of the past?

• Seems like they're still around.

• They are! Anything labelled as a manuscript (as in it'll say manuscript123456 etc.) can be written in by multiple people. There are lots of places that sell them, I'm almost certain every city has a library with an associated denizen/shop that will sell them. And there are certainly some neutral denizens with manuscripts stocked.

• Ship logs also exist though for that particular purpose. SHIPLOG <ship shortname> and WRITE SHIPLOG <ship shortname>

• Who do you talk to about a website bug, again? The achaea.com/game/who list feels like it never updates, which is a shame because it's nice to check before logging in to see who might be around.

• I just checked it and it seems to be updating. I refreshed it a few times and saw a couple people drop off and a couple added in.

• Ailre, Aina, Althena, Ammar, Aranos, Athelas, Auria, Castien, Ceredia, Cyeras, Diadorus, Doromath, Edall, Ellenroh, Elyon, Emiya, Ereia, Foxe, Grandue, Honora, Iesen, Illyose, Jabril, Jakiro, Kaden, Kassie, Kest, Khaibit, Kieva, Krampus, Kresslack, Landon, Liena, Maelyn, Mauk, Merewyn, Mezghar, Mindshell, Minkai, Nasuta, Ognog, Ozmatiah, Pelorat, Phyr, Proficy, Ramarn, Saonji, Shecks, Siduri, Sobriquet, Sybal, Tasleus, Thecordius, Tih, Tirvai, Trendric, Vothaec, Xear, Yen

Total: 89 players online.

vs QW in game:

Aeowynn, Aevune, Ailre, Althena, Ammar, Aselei, Aselka, Asocello, Augtavian, Bainz, Bann, Bekke,

Bonji, Castien, Cyeras, Destiana, Diadorus, Doromath, Edall, Elaniara, Elyon, Ereia, Faerum, Farrah,

Fench, Foxe, Grif, Honora, Idralasse, Iesen, Issam, Jabril, Jakiro, Jarpa, Juliet, Kaiu, Kassie,

Khaseem, Kieva, Kinilan, Kog, Kukiri, Lienius, Lorance, Lorianna, Maajida, Makenna, Markael, Mauk,

Mezghar, Mina, Mycen, Nasuta, Nelphie, Nhakra, Okri, Ozmatiah, Pelorat, Prythe, Rakdos, Ramarn,

Ryssa, Saejima, Serahfyna, Shalana, Sobriquet, Starlina, Sustelle, Tashara, Thoralyn, Tih, Trendric,

Truax, Tukio, Unpredicted, Vothaec, Xear, and Yen.

Plus another 4 whose presence you cannot fully sense (78 total).

• I noticed a while back, the who list is very innacurate when you aren't logged in through portal, but when you login to a character, where you can see messages and the news that character has access too, that who list seems to be refreshed and up to date. I've never actually checked that it's accurate, just noticed the non-logged in one seems to be an old cached who list from earlier in the day. No idea if that's intended for some reason or not, as if realtime up-to-date info is only bothered to be delivered to a person with a character and general passerby's get cached stuff.

• It appears to include people that journal instead of qq

• I noticed a while back, the who list is very innacurate when you aren't logged in through portal, but when you login to a character, where you can see messages and the news that character has access too, that who list seems to be refreshed and up to date. I've never actually checked that it's accurate, just noticed the non-logged in one seems to be an old cached who list from earlier in the day. No idea if that's intended for some reason or not, as if realtime up-to-date info is only bothered to be delivered to a person with a character and general passerby's get cached stuff.

This should be fixed, as should similar issues with newsposts, credit purchases, and the like.

• Hello. How long does it usually take for a custom pet to return to life?

• @Aina I've been told an hour

• Hum, something must be broken then. She's back but as a corpse in Centre Crossing.

• Eh? Like a living, moving corpse or just, bleeghhh, dead?

• @Ryssa just a dead corpse

• Ooof, I'd issue that @Aina I hope she gets better soon!

• I dunno, terrifying as that thing is it might be an improvement if it stayed the way it is

• @Draqoom she lives, so you can visit her whenever you want

• Is there a weapon holder the scythe is compatible with?