[Mudlet] Achaean Shopkeeping!

Hello, friends!

Your resident <insert personal choice of expletive here> here, who never helps anyone!

I recently became masochistic enough to take up shopkeeping. Naturally with all the tales of terror surrounding shops in Achaea, I of course made scripts to help me manage the process easier. Not wanting to tarnish my reputation, I'm obviously going to keep to my unhelpful, dickish nature and share these scripts with others to freely use.

--[ DISCLAIMER ]--

As of 10/09/2021 it's about as complete as it needs to be. I may expand as people suggest things (if I'm able to add it, and I find it useful to add, then I probably will). I have no plans for multi-shop support, though. I think I'd have to rewrite too much of what I've already done, in order to efficiently add it in... If you have the same prices regardless of location, then it'll still work, though. Probably won't have automatic listing based off of what your shop needs, either. That's far too much work to setup.

--[ COMMANDS ]--

shop help will display all you need to know!

Here's a log detailing how things work. The items themselves are clickable, Ada's website doesn't show that very well.

Download here! This URL will persist through updates, as well.

--[ PLANNED FEATURES ]--

» Nothing on the cards. But will possible consider things people feel would be beneficial to add.

Ta.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

Comments

• @Saonji This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

• edited September 2021

Update! Same download link as above.

» Tun management has been added. As shown here!

» Also fixed saving and loading... Forgot the event handlers that manage automatic saving/loading, oops...

» Cleaned the initial post up a little. shop help implemented, to show all the various commands, as shown below.

eta: Why the fuck do images keep getting pushed down a lot.

• Another update. Maybe the last for now; don't feel anything more needs to be added to it, personally. But I might add if others have something worth adding to it.

» Batch dropping/selling has been implemented to cut down on spam.

» Cleaned up the stockroom reports.

-- Both can be seen here.

» Removed the floor checking alias. Decided I don't want to track what the shop's already selling. Easy enough to just pick up the items and relist them together.

Same download link, as per usual.

• edited September 2021

This is great! Thanks for putting this together and sharing. I sent some credits your way.

A couple things I tweaked because I'm lazy:

• Made APRICE <price> [bin#] a thing
    • Clicking on an item to sell fires printCmdLine("aprice ")

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

I haven't been involved in shopkeeping in a long time, but just wanted to say thank you for making this and sharing it freely. Things like this are a huge help to the headache that Achaean shopkeeping already is.