How did I not know this?

Comments

• Oh? Neato. Now if I could just log in

• And I just learnt you don't need to supply a direction to shoot/snipe anymore, though you do if you want to aim.

• TIL that rpwho was a thing

• wait... you don't need to supply a direction to shoot?

• edited June 2021

@Caelan there is a penalty though, so probably best avoided.

• PainePaine Prime Material

Today I learned that you can pour just 1 sip of something into a container. How did I not know this?!?

also, I found out that sometimes the tears of sarapis have really, really, REALLY big waves.

• PainePaine Prime Material

TIL Readlog goes up to 10 days not 6.

There were a lot of other things I learned, or re-learned, last few weeks but can't remember that I remembered them.

• Huh never new about that and great when I can't recall what afflictions overlap for a stack. Thanks!

• To go with what @Eryl posted if you are not sure how the game refers to an affliction or defence you can use AFFLICTION LIST and DEFENCE LIST to find it alphabetically. I may be wrong but I believe only those that are available in GMCP appear in DEFENCE LIST.

• edited July 2021

Thanks @Argwin - new one for me. IMO that should be the default at this point :p.

• From HELP BASIC COMMANDS

• Yeah @Romaen , combine that with in-game multi command for superpowers. Super nice for trading bulk talismans.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Not sure if anyone has posted this already, but HELP SHORTNAMES.

Great example is if you want to pick up a specific corpse you can do "get corpse/kresslack".

• Great for killing people's urn mounts. :)

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Courtesy of @Yen I learned if you append "here" you manipulate items specifically in the room as opposed to in your inventory.

• @Greys OMG

fk you TOUCH STONE

fk you TOUCH EYE

fk you TOUCH ORB

• It doesn't always work though which is annoying.

• Wares <something>, so in shops with enormous stock lists, if you need to find a specific thing, like say, earrings, you type wares earring and it shows you just the earrings.

How did I not know this? No idea.

• Wait until you find out about directories

• I know about directories, but like I said, some shops have enormous stock lists, like the furniture shop in Hashan. I don't want to wade through lines of beds and wardrobes and what not when I'm looking for bookcases that I know the shop already has.

• @Ilsefi I think you need to hire a personal assistant to do your shopping.

• This thread is an absolute gold mine.

Ow!

• edited September 2021

Achaea should probably just give in and make its help files readable in wiki form (e.g. Mudlet documentation). There's really no reason not to, it's a much better format for so many obscure things that you can't find without basically grinding through the in-game HELP ##.### format.

(wouldn't surprise me though if this already exists and I just don't know about it - and no I don't count the achaea.con portal because it works worse than the in-game search function)

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

That would be great, but it would also take a considerable amount of effort and just be one more source that needs to be constantly updated.