Racial vocalisation characteristics

Much like the "What colour should x citzen appear as on my client?" question, the question about how people imagine certain races and racial languages sound rolls around every so often and can cause mild controversy.

So here it is again. How do you imagine the accents or characteristics for each of the races and their languages? I'm extra curious to find out what people think of the relatively new Tash'la.

(P.s. Sorry about the awkward name but I couldn't think of a simpler way to put it.)

Comments

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA

trolls sound like Treebeard from the LotR movies, I don't make the rules

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Male dwarfs sound like Willie from the Simpsons.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited July 2021

Dwarfs all have Scottish accents. Ye cannae imagine it any other way, lassie.

I know they're not elves, but Tsol'aa sound like Legolas and Galadriel in my head too.

• The flanderization (Willie-ization?) of Dwarves into drunk scotsmen is one of the most painful bastardizations that have been wrought on Tolkien.

• Xorans sound like Lrrr, ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8.

I take no pleasure in reporting this.

• UMM EXCUSE ME okay that wasn't half bad, actually.

I will accept for low voiced xorans the voice of Zorak, rest his soul, or perhaps https://youtu.be/QxYHkKLaFmY would do nicely.

For high voiced xorans I prefer a range of clear bell tones.

Keep in mind ic we were birthed from experiments and had to develop language with little help. For this reason I choose to imagine most overly enunciate as though every word were a careful selection.

Oh right. Let us not forget the fashionable option some have chosen to include the chirps, trills, and other vocalizations you might be most familiar with from the cleverest of girls.