Metaline Falls Bigfoot Festival

AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA

If anyone in the Pacific Northwest region is looking for a reason to get out of their houses in June, I've found one. Or, rather, my mother found one. By accident. And, now, we are going.

Not to be confused with the now-defunct Sasquatch music festival.

This is a Bigfoot convention, involving actual cryptozoologists, being held in a minuscule town just south of the Canadian border.

I am inordinately excited about this. All of the hotels in the immediate area are full...but, I can think of no better reason to drink in the woods.

If anyone else is going, hit me up.

My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!

Comments

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA

Holy shit, this is awesome.

I may wind up crossing the state for this; I haven't been to Metalline since I was a teenager, and now I finally have a worthwhile reason to be on the east side.

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA

If you do end up going, let me know. I still have no idea where we will be camping - every ninny campsite with hook-ups is reserved, so it is looking like dispersed camping is the best option. I prefer that, anyway; fewer people to complain about my choice in music. The area is beautiful.

I'll be the pudgy goth chick wandering around drinking from the flask that reads, "Fuck my liver", with a purse full of sasquatch-themed kitsch. Probably pretty easy to spot in a place like Metaline Falls. We are probably going to set up camp on Friday and stay until sometime Sunday afternoon or Monday.

My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!