Achaean Raves

Comments

• TIL archaeon has seen paladin rework early

• From an OOC perspective, I can't blame anyone for jumping on the Mhaldor/Hashan/Eleusis bandwagons.

You've got an established organization with firm RP in Mhaldor and two "cosmopolitan" orgs that let you do pretty much whatever you want in Hashan/Eleusis. All three of them have consistent admin interactions, neat factional classes, and enough people willing to do group things that you have to try to isolate yourself.

The other three cities are flat out missing some of those parts and it's not exactly fun or rewarding to try and fix, especially if you can't do it alone.

• @Romaen Pretty sure he's referring to where you have to play, in order to play the class. Not the class itself.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

Oh that was a drunk post. Don't remember writing it. Lol

• You've got an established organization with firm RP in Mhaldor and two "cosmopolitan" orgs that let you do pretty much whatever you want in Hashan/Eleusis. All three of them have consistent admin interactions, neat factional classes, and enough people willing to do group things that you have to try to isolate yourself.

While I can't speak about Eleusis (because I don't play there), the "cosmopolitan" nature of Hashan does not detract from any of the roleplay opportunities available. If anything, given the theme and certain IC elements specific to Hashan, it encourages them over anything else, and I've spent close to a 50/50 split of PKing and roleplaying over the past few months of playing there.

Admin interaction and fun classes are no substitute for having a group of people that you actually enjoy playing with, and while I am sure they have some impact on whether people choose to play a particular faction, people are going to largely stick to where they feel best included and wanted, and that is something that only players can really provide for each other at the end of the day.

• @Eurice I feel like Hashan has stolen the general theme Ashtan had pre-Renaissance. Progress is like Freedom in that it is so general anyone can fit into it.

• edited June 2021

@Accipiter yeah pretty much. I'm sure there are 2-3 people who will deliver a diatribe about how "Progress" is some deep ideology but as far as it appears to everyone else including apparently most Hashan characters, "Progress" means doing whatever you feel like doing then shouting about progress afterwards. - 'Bit like team Nature doing the same thing except shouting about Nature afterwards.

IMHO none of the cities are doing what they traditionally "should" be doing based on their founding principals / current Patrons with the only exception of Cyrene which continues to do... whatever it is Cyrene does, off in its own corner (I wanna say competitive emoting?)

Everyone else is just murdering everything they legally can get away with murdering then painting it with whatever color they're supposed to paint it with, after the fact. Ironically of the 5 cities that participate in things outside of their own walls, the only city supposed to be indiscriminately killing everyone, Mhaldor, is the only one that isn't doing it. (I'm very much lumping Targossaa in the "kill everyone indiscriminately" category as we've even managed to find and drag out an excuse to kill Switzerland Cyrene, purely because, if we're honest, it's the only city willing to engage us that won't instantly wipe us with 3-5x headcount).

• Cyrene is Chaos now tyvm

• Cyrene, purely because, if we're honest, it's the only city willing to engage us that won't instantly wipe us with 3-5x headcount).

The absolute disrespect.

• Lol there’s the diatribe

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• Forum RP Artefacts coming out Summer 2021.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited June 2021

@Gallida, there's an answer for that, and it's a really fun one to explore IC!

Edit to add: It's been a blast reconciling the idea of being anti-Divine while also having Twilight in our corner.

• edited June 2021

It's kinda hard to be incorrect about something that I clearly said was purely my perception / opinion. I just checked with myself and confirmed that I still do perceive Hashans rampant aggression to be shoot first, justify later. Again though, I in no way singled out Hashan on this and very clearly included my own city too.

Just because a handful of raids had something to do with RP doesn't mean that every 5v1 gank or 3v1 gank on afk target in cities is too. Maybe that's the source of disagreement, or maybe it's just knee-jerk defensiveness when being called out for wanton aggression even when it's clearly often true. @Sobriquet

Also didn't say there's anything wrong with wanton aggression, considering it's a PvP game. Just calling it what it is: PK for the sake of PK. This is fine, just saying it's a bit disillusioned to say you're going around 5v1 ganking people for RP when in reality it's purely because 1) you don't like them and 2) they're mark/dauntless/infamous and can't issue you for it. Just own it, that's all.

I did post though, so I understand that you're obligated to pull the ad hominem. No complaints, I've accepted it as the status quo.

• Haha buzzwords.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Imagine having the gall to complain about being ganked 5v1 when you consistently interfere in Hashani raids, or try to deliverance bomb them after area wide illusions. Do you think your actions don't have consequences? You somehow don't deserve to be ganked that way despite consistently pissing off the entire city?

I'm just trying to understand the mindset here. It absolutely blows my mind.

• It's kinda hard to be incorrect about something that I clearly said was purely my perception / opinion.

This just in, Shecks doesn't think his opinion is wrong because...*checks notes*...it's his opinion that he's right.

• ....the gif summarizes my response

• Oh so that's the mindset. If it's his opinion about something it can't be wrong.

So like, if it was his opinion that 2+2 = 5, we could never convince him he's wrong because that's just his opinion. Bravo.

• true. Hashan is lily white. They have never ganked anyone 6v1 that wasn't 'asking for it'. Shecks should know better, maybe next time he will fall down the stairs the right way.

• We're not faultless. Sometimes people get lamed and it doesn't feel good when it happens.

That being said, if I was trying to third-party another raid for contracts and I stood on the wrong toes too often, I would definitely expect to get slapped for it.

I also wouldn't complain if I was AFK in a city and got killed for a contract because of it either. I made the choice to AFK, that's on me.

• AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA

Shecks trying to paint anyone else with the asshole brush will forever make me laugh

bro has spent the better part of an rl decade and a half being like this, Sob's post wasn't terribly hyperbolic lol

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Rave:

About a month ago I logged in for a few minutes. I had logged in once in the last two weeks prior and joined a raid on Eleusis and became infamous. It was a week later and since I hadn't logged in I was still infamous.

Anyone wanna guess at who attempted radiance on me several times in a row thinking I was AFK?

I'll give ya a hint, it is was the guy who recently complained about being attacked while AFK and wanton PK. I hadn't interacted with this person IG since before they got IP banned.

This is a legit rave cause it's proof this person talks out their ass and does the things they complain about happening to them.

I also embarrassingly died 2x to deliverance because I didn't know radiance EQ had been lowered drastically ☹

• Are you sure it wasn't the old illusion Radiance while actually putting deliverance up trick he keeps doing. Over and over and over?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • That's unlikely but possible. There were probably 8 messages in total and none of them tripped lifevision.

• @Cooper if a monk illusions you with mind hallucination or whatever, it will never trip lifevision. Just fyi.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • * WEAPONRY is now attained through leveling, the same as survival. All lessons invested in weaponry skills have been refunded.

Thank you, IRE!