Classlead 180 Rejected - but they ARE bugs and response doesn't make sense

This is a log of the bug happening:

As for the response, how do you use balance to push momentum while doing call entities? Instill is EQ and can't be combo'd with call entities.

If you're doing it after a mounjump that's 3s of lost momentum... even when you have a leadrope.

I'm 100% open to being wrong here, please point out what I'm missing.

Shecks snickers softly to himself.

Shecks lifts one hand to touch an earring of Sinope.

Blistered skin melting from his flesh, Shecks has succumbed to the effects of Novak, Trial-Elect of Antagony's darkshade.

Comments

• If there are true bugs involved then submit a bug with a log, not a classlead.

• People have paid anywhere from 1000-2200cr for platinum whistles. F those guys, right?

• edited May 2021

@Peak Anyone who's paid 2200cr for a whistle has been severely ripped off, and is not someone who should be accounted for when it comes to these decisions.

The difference between having a whistle, and not having one, as Occultist specifically, is huge and should not ever be the case if the admin actually give a shit about combat balance. It was (and has continued to be) brought up as a concern by multiple people since its rework, largely being ignored despite countless logs being given about all the inconsistences with Occultist ents. Even a lot of people who have a whistle say it shouldn't be a requirement.

So yes, F those guys.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Give Occie an instant-recall-and-hostile ability on a, like, 20 second cooldown. Short enough that it's usable when needed, long enough to allow counterplay and escape.

Whistle can be the upgrade to that.

• Give Occie an instant-recall-and-hostile ability on a, like, 20 second cooldown. Short enough that it's usable when needed, long enough to allow counterplay and escape.

Whistle can be the upgrade to that.

I mean that, and fix the bugs and I'm in.

People have paid anywhere from 1000-2200cr for platinum whistles. F those guys, right?

If people wanted to pay that, then more power to them. The problem is it's a requirement for occultist because of bugs.

Note that the whistle was intended to be for much more than just an occultist's ents. Interesting how we look at that talisman and think "Oh, that's obviously for Occie." =/

Blistered skin melting from his flesh, Shecks has succumbed to the effects of Novak, Trial-Elect of Antagony's darkshade.

• Agree. Make platinum whistles accessible again.

• Bring back Wonders sets 2k21

• I would sell Mizik's left nut for a platinum whistle :(

• I've sold 2.8 of them recently for roughly 1400cr each (at a pretty drastic loss). It's nuts how expensive and difficult it is to put them together now.

• I'm with Novak on this. As one of the few people who persistently fight in the class (most have dropped it cause of bugs) I find myself getting out of fights to recall, summon and regain ent control. Sometimes ents get killed sometimes it's just bugged. Primebonded ones sticking after death is cool but those alone aren't enough to kill, so you gotta run after every death and setup again. I'm not complaining because it IS a strong class and it can be very overwhelming for the opponent, but the ones who know what they're doing also know how to abuse stuff in a way that it makes it super annoying. I can understand the rejection on points of defense, having hangedman tarot on balance would give you a breather to call ents, abd the defensive utility is amazing, just what's the point when it basically resets your killpath everytime? Killing with occie gets very hard, needs diadem which is already expensive, needs leadrope and then you're just setup for a basic offense. This is purely judging the class as a 1v1 duelling class, group utility would come out overrated in my opinion, too strong.

• Okay, killing with Occie is not hard. I found it super basic to brute force Enlighten anyone. Pyradius is far overturned. Occultist is hilariously brainless at the moment.

• @Mizik Pretty sure you misinterpreted what he was saying, fam. In the context of the classlead, it unnecessarily complicates things when you randomly lose track of your entities. Novak's log literally showed the randomness of entities following you through things one second, then you losing them the next, with literally 0 indication that you did.

• Pretty sure Mizik was responding to Dominius' claims that Occie is not a great duelist class.

• @Eryl Dominius already said the class was a good duelist class. He was literally responding to the "Killing as Occie gets hard" sentence, on its own. Which makes the sentence completely out of context to the rest of what he was saying, regarding the classlead itself (which is what he's talking about with that sentence).

• Yeah, killing gets hard cause of ents not being reliable. Of course it's easy to kill, but if it's so easy why are such few people using the class?

• Thank you for clarifying!

• @Dominius While Sobriquet also isn't wrong, I'd advise against using that argument when discussing classes. Classes being easy and OP doesn't mean everyone is going to play it. If that were the case, there'd be a lot more Alchemists and 2handers than there already are.

That said, the entity problems are, indeed, a big reason a lot of people have dropped the class. Even Penwize stopped playing it because of them AND he had a platinum whistle.

• Haven't tested it yet, but this is amazing. <3

• Well, this is only if you haven't summoned the ents yet (which is amazing) but doesn't address the bugs/random loss of entities.

HUGE step in the right direction!

• It would be nice to know the syntax for this new change, I couldn't find it anywhere.

I ended up dropping the class today. After apparent fixes it was bugged even more than before for me. Whenever a serpent I was fighting evaded out and I followed random ents weren't following me.

I'm sure it'll get sorted soon, but after all this time the frustration is too big, with keeping up with karma, pacts, cards, it's too much time invested away from fights. When you actually try to fight and keep having to reset all the time.

• edited May 2021

It says in the classlead what the syntax for it is. If it's not updated in the AB, you should typo/bug it.

It was a step in the right direction, but it still doesn't fix the issue at all, of needing a platinum whistle if you actually want to seriously play Occultist.