• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Some stylophone goodness. 

• Pyori said:
    We have to eat, too!

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    The amount of beer being sold right now is obscene 
  • Austere said:
    I found this on my lunch break and thought you guys might enjoy the read too:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/first-game-with-microtransactions?amp
    Missed this until now! That article is pretty hilarious. Shows Sarapis still has no idea why Achaea was/is successful.

Here's a snip on why he thinks Achaea has never been a pay to win game:

Some players have argued the games are pay-to-win because the virtual goods include items of power, not just cosmetic flair, which is rather more difficult to monetise in a text game. “I’ve been hearing that ever since I launched Achaea,” Mihaly says. In response, he describes a complex calculus in which people with disposable income, but little gaming time, trade with people in the opposite situation. For example, a player buys credits from the company, gold on the exchange, and a breastplate from a hardworking artisan, stimulating the local economy. On the surface, it’s a win-win-win, but it still doesn’t quite account for the hours put in by the smith or what happens during PVP. The possible objections are endless.

• I found it interesting where he admits in 1999 'any changes (breaking ground) weren't about breaking ground, but making money'.

The context could be taken 2 ways.  

• Need to start doing this with masks, too.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I had to doubletake when I saw this. Had to kill him for a quest, alas :(

May be an image of 2 people and text that says HEDGE FUNDS THE GROWING AWARENESS THAT TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME                

edited February 2021
    The Atlatl:

• I've killed a hog using one. They're surprisingly easy to get proficient with.
  • But could you kill 30-50 feral hogs that run into your yard within 3-5 minutes while your small kids play?

• Trey said:
    But could you kill 30-50 feral hogs that run into your yard within 3-5 minutes while your small kids play?
    I'm Texan. That's a silly question. I don't have kids, though.
  • Peak said:
    Trey said:
    But could you kill 30-50 feral hogs that run into your yard within 3-5 minutes while your small kids play?

He was meming on you.

• Saonji said:
    Peak said:
    Trey said:

He was meming on you.
    I'm aware of the meme. If you knew one of the things I get paid to do, you'd understand (it's kill hogs - they are that big of a problem).
  • Peak said:
    Saonji said:
    Peak said:
    Trey said:

He was meming on you.
    I'm aware of the meme. If you knew one of the things I get paid to do, you'd understand (it's kill hogs - they are that big of a problem).
    Please dear GODS if you have a helicopter....(well, that alone. But Id pay)..  and a chain gun.  Sweet vaby Jesus tell me you hunt them with a chain gun.

• All memes aside, I miss my hog gun. And everything else I sold :(

• Caelan said:
    Peak said:
    Saonji said:
    Peak said:
    Trey said:

He was meming on you.
    Please dear GODS if you have a helicopter....(well, that alone. But Id pay)..  and a chain gun.  Sweet vaby Jesus tell me you hunt them with a chain gun.
    Working on it! I don't own either, but I have access to both. Chain gun is a much harder thing to sort out.

Set one of my friends up with a job as a guide and now she's booking me a heli-hunt soon. Such excite! 
  • Peak said:
    Caelan said:
    Peak said:
    Saonji said:
    Peak said:
    Trey said:

He was meming on you.
    Working on it! I don't own either, but I have access to both. Chain gun is a much harder thing to sort out.

Set one of my friends up with a job as a guide and now she's booking me a heli-hunt soon. Such excite! 
    I officially don't even like you right now!  That is awesome.  Chain gun is easy, push down on the butterfly and watch Hell erupt.

• ... did SrGrafo find Achaea??

meh

• Pretty much how I respond to everyone.

• Warning found on the front of the Achaea forums.