Quick Questions

Comments

• Submit a HELPBUG on it so it's formally recorded that there's a problem with a help file. Otherwise it'll just stay wrong.

• Submit a HELPBUG on it so it's formally recorded that there's a problem with a help file. Otherwise it'll just stay wrong.

• If wishing to send a letter to One in the Garden, does one do so though normal mail sending in a postoffice, or though the Delos messenger?

• A lot of Divine have specific denizens you can give letters to, which they then get notified of (if they're an active Divine).

Vastar's for example is the leopard (I think it's a leopard. Big cat...) that sits at the entrance to his temple.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• @Saonji I never knew... but I sent a letter through the Delos messenger, and now fear trying to resend in other ways will be an annoyance...

• The Divine themselves can be sent letters through the post office. However, many of them prefer to get messages through their denizens as mentioned above. In my experience some will respond to direct letters, some will ignore you, and one Divine that recieved a letter from me had a denizen respond telling me that they don't like direct messages and I should have sent it to the denizen instead. The denizens can either be handed the letter or mailed through the messenger on the Delos bridge.

@Ryssa - never fear being an annoyance. Having a Divine annoyed with you is still fun rp. I once thought I was going to annoy Aegis by asking about Eris, but instead got a really cool interaction that still ranks as one of my favorites.

• What serpent skills are affected by whip speed? I believe flay is weapon independent and garrote isn't but is there anything else?

• It doesn't appear to be in the scrolls for collar unless I didn't have enough coffee yet, but is Pariah trace/wrack considered magical damage that is boosted by collar?

• Collar is magical damage. Doesn't apply to Garrote, does apply to both Wrack and Trace.

• When upgrading already owned artefact powers, do you pay the full price or the difference? Like to upgrade from the 350cr lorewarden to the 800cr lorewarden, is it just 450cr or the full 800cr? Another IRE game help file on this specified, but not Achaea.

• You pay the difference minus any upgrade credits you have.

• edited April 2021

PS it tells you how much you will need to pay, before asking you to confirm.

@Ryssa

• @Vinzent @Shecks

Ah, nice to know. Thanks you guys.

• A few quick questions regarding artistry, if anyone happens to know.

1 - I have recently completed my first canvas piece, but I can't find anything on frames for canvas pieces in Artistry. Can / should painting frames be included in the design submitted to the Crafter's Union, or am I missing a painting frame item somewhere in the world or another skill like furnishing?

2 - Is there any way to title a painting or piece of art in a distinct way after the piece has been completed, or should this simply be included in the appearance and examined sections of the design?

3 - Regarding this rule on design: "Text is prohibited, while this may seem obtuse, your writing must convey an image, no written work." Is absolutely -all- text prohibited? I wanted to add a five word quote in flowing script to the bottom corner of my last work, but I wasn't sure if that was allowed or not so I erred on the side of caution and left it out. I have a few ideas for future paintings that use "words" as elements of the artistry, so I'd like figure out if that's okay or not before having to scrap an entire canvas.

• Someone please share the deets on this whenever we get the first one?

As written this little thing is better than a 1100cr macabre knocker in multiple ways, and of course adds yet another thing to the game that completely breaks combat and raids.

• (says the guy who powerleveled to dragon on Shallam midbies with the aid of pre-nerf Occultist)

Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • oh there are more cards? someone mind posting them? This hotel wifi is garbage

• https://www.achaea.com/news/?game=Achaea&section=Announce&number=5341

• Is there a way to undo the effects of a seafaring pail? Speaking about the neatpail/frostpail/seaweedpail.

• @Maajida yes. I was just recently informed that it is in the shipfitting ability (restoration)

• @Maajida and @Peak just after I passed on that info I got an answer to my issue saying it isn't possible, so testing is required. I will get back once I get the mats.

• Restoration in shipfitting will remove seafaring talisman customisations from ships. Apologies for the misunderstanding, it wasn't possible for a long time and it's a relatively niche item, so one of our people was working on old info. It will cost you commodities as if your entire ship were fitted with a custom description, and needs to be removed as a whole, though. You cannot keep part of your ship pail-enchanted and remove it elsewhere.

• Does Weaponry offer anything to Blademasters, or is Two Arts only the one that contributes to PvE/PvP damage etc?

• edited May 2021

@Ictinus any chance we could bring back something like this in the rules? There seems to be a lot of confusion on it (not at all looking to rehash this debate just asking if we could get some clarity in the rules as currently it doesn't mention anything other than "appropriate" IC response, which has always been as described below ).

I think some more clarity on the rules when it comes to "gray areas" (including recent claims that you can claim long-term PK cause and/or hiring Marks) for things like Block, Icewall, Frozen Ground, Gravehands, Illusions, or even closing a door - and even as far as hiring for emotes. It just adds to the confusion that we've seen issues ruled in both ways on several of these things... (for example one guy claims a contract on him for gravehands was allowed, while another said it was dismissed as frivolous, and I've personally had that happen with illusions - and others have stated that they've had issues dismissed regarding someone hiring on them for 'slap' emote, while others swear this is not allowed).

It makes perfect sense to respond to these things as threats in the moment, but it starts to not make sense when someone is hiring a mark to kill you 2 weeks later because they bumped into your block or witnessed a room-illusion etc. I can see how people could see it the other way, especially since the rework of the rules made everything blurry, but I think leaving it unclear is just going to create a ton of unhappy people (and issues).

Just to reiterate, not looking for a debate with anyone, just a question to the producer(s).

• edited May 2021

but I think leaving it unclear is just going to create a ton of unhappy people (and issues).

The only one it's apparently unclear to, is you, bud.

If you do something that's classed as an aggressive action (illusioning aggressive actions, are themselves, aggressive actions), then you should expect to be either attacked- or hired on- for doing it. That's all there is to it. If you don't like it, stop doing the things that result in it.

eta: Slapping people is a perfectly valid RP reason to be attacked by said people, whether you like it or not. Just because it doesn't actually cause any 'real' harm to your character, is irrelevant.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited May 2021

I agree that being slapped is a valid reason to attack someone, then and there. I do not agree it's valid to hunt them down 2 RL weeks later or to hire a mark on them for it. It's also extremely blurry if that's legal or not.

I'm not asking for it to be legal or not legal, I'm asking for clarification on the rules specifically regarding duration of cause for harmless things like hindrance and emotes, and whether or not there's a point where hiring is not allowed.

As I said above, I'm really not interested in debating with the forum troll crew, I'd just like to know what's legal or not so that I am not forced to issue every single time someone hires a mark for silly reasons (noting that any other response is illegal due to "circular" conflict, and many of such issues have been upheld).

...and I'm definitely not the only one confused. I asked on main discord if hiring for blocking an exit was legal, and I got maybe 5 yes and 5 no, and 1 guy saying "it depends on how many exits are in the room". Some fraction of those people must be wrong, regardless of what the rule actually is - and I have a sneaky feeling it may just come down to which person reads the ensuing issues, because admins, like players, don't seem to have a clear set of rules to refer to, so issues really just boil down to who can posture / write issues that make them sound like victims (of blocking...).

• well to be fair, the Mark system is/was ment to be used so people who little to no combat experience would have a way to seek retribution on people with far superior combat experience using a Mark as a proxy.

If you slap someone and they hire on you in that moment and it takes the Mark 2 RL weeks to accept the contract that's beside the point, cause and effect is still the same. It's not like they filed a contract 2 RL weeks after the incident and it was accepted by a Mark the moment it was created.

As for illusions they state quite clearly in the Help Illusions:

Please note: if you cast an illusion on someone so they appear to have been attacked, you should be aware that they may take an appropriate IC response to that, such as attacking you in turn or hiring a mark. Your actions began the conflict!

Stop illusion stupid shit and dont get hired on. Problem solved?

• edited May 2021

You're bringing up points and/or questions that have already been answered, @Savira - and as I said I don't want to turn Quick Questions into a debate. I would just like to raise my question to the person I raised it to, and that is all. I put it here instead of through email so that we can all see the answer, if one is given.

• Don't use the forums as a means to contact the admin, that is one of the rules.