Death of persons behind characters

Just to let anyone who may be friends or otherwise with the characters Lynara and/or Alyssa (spelling?) --

Some time on Thursday, 22nd April, the person who played Lynara was shot and killed in a murder-suicide also involving the person who played the character Alyssa (also deceased) in Yosemite West (Mariposa County).

I have no further information on the circumstances and out of respect for their families, will not be disclosing any further known details. If you wish to learn more, the Mariposa Sheriff's office will update the public as/when more information becomes available via their website and I am sure news outlets will pick it up.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-04-23/two-dead-in-yosemite-west-murder-suicide-officials-report

Comments

• If true, this is indeed a very unfortunate event that has taken place. However, as I am not personally acquainted with either individual I will wait for corroborating statements before leaping to any conclusions.

• no no not Lynara. please no

• Thank you, @Ictinus . This means a lot to many of us who knew Lynara.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

God damn it.

Senoske told me on Discord. My heart is broken. Lynara and I spent a lot of time just shooting the shit on skype when he was stopped during a run. I still remember him telling me about his wonky truckaea setup. We were peers on the coding scene for a while and rivals on the ocean for a while, but no matter where we were in the game, we were always friends outside of it.

Fair winds and open roads, my friend.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Damn. sigh Lynara was a lot of fun with when Greys came back and was getting back on the water. He had me recently design a hat recipe as he lost a bet (it got rejected as it "was not food"). It took about 5 tries for me to come up with something that was not too pleasant to violate the spirit of having to eat his own hat. One of the ideas he commissioned me to make a pleasant version of but hadn't gotten around to it....

• edited April 2021

[Double post due to new forums]

• That bet was against me, stating i couldn't make a short election post :(

• I have known Lynara in game for about 11 years and after his later return we became even closer, so much so that we adopted each other as brothers and he joined the Baudelaire family with Alyssea. This comes as such a shock. I addressed him as Brother Bear and my in game children all knew him as Uncle Bear. Besides helping all of us with our Mudlet issues, he was so dear to our hearts. He specially raised gold so that our family clan could have a history to keep up with communications and stay in touch. You could ask him anything and he would be there for us. I can't believe I will never see him on Clanwho again. I would always see his name there and get a warm feeling in my heart, send him a tell and say "brother bear!" All we can do now is honor his memory. If anyone has a description of Lynara somewhere I would really like to paint a painting of him. Perhaps doing what he loved most... Sea monstering or sailing. I will preserve the painting so it can be a permanent fixture somewhere in the game. I'm gonna miss him so much. 😭

• @Shecks thank you for correcting his name. It's something that his family is struggling with.

@Agrias my condolences to you and Alyssea's family. I and the rest of Lynara's family have no way to reach out to Alyssea's family.. if it's desirable for communication, feel free to get in touch.

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin

@Elerwinna I'll pass along the message when/if I can. Rahum is understandably shattered about this, so I don't want to push even the slightest amount.

To everyone else, I know what the article and forensics have said, but please, don't vilify Elise. We'll never know the circumstances involved, but I knew her, and I know the problems she was working through.

• Years ago now, Lynara and I became somewhat close. Closer than I've been to many, ever.

it was a silly reason but we started texting in real life, and it worked. His words helped me so much through one of the worst times of my life.

I'm so so so sorry that I didn't get to know him better.

• Everything I know about Lua, I learned from Eli. (Roland, Lynara... apparently he had a lot of names. We all know who I'm talking about.)

His aunt set up a virtual shiva for him on discord, and memories of her are also welcome: https://discord.gg/EacJsh4a Please, be kind. This is a tragic accident. Thank you.

Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • If anyone is willing and able, donations for Roland's funeral and associated expenses are being collected by Rabbi Tendler at the UCity Shul. Please mark any donations as for "for Goldberg leyava."

• I am so sorry to hear of this. Truly this is a sad time for all Achaeans.

My condolences to all who knew the deceased.

• Roland's funeral is at 4/430pm EST. 

Please share with those who may wish to attend and who not on the forums or Discord.

Please be respectful and mute your mic prior to joining the call:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87914928643?pwd=WGxyYVNZNlRTdzZ1bXdud3ZlTTNKdz09