What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• edited April 2021

What happened to me today is I logged into the game for the thirdish time since at least the new year and I had a very pleasant time, will probably be back a bit more.

• Epic!

[plus some more words because of that stupid 6 character minimum per post.]

• Every time I logged into the game I have tons of fun. but today I did the ritual of Interment. Thank you Garden for such wonderful job on creating this class.

Stepping forward within your chamber of Interment, you bow your head before the sacred implements of

your Art and begin the Ritual of Interment.

Taking up the sacrificial blade, a sharp slice across your palm brings blood burgeoning forth to be

scattered to one side as a billowing funnel of sand erupts from the earth and reveals your assistant

within.

Secure in the knowledge of your construct's stability, you take up the inkbrush from its place among

your implements.

Sweeping it across your chest, the first stroke of eternity begins and ends by your own hand. Only

this shall rule you on the path you choose to walk.

With a swirl of calligraphy you continue, marking limb and torso with the profane truth of your art:

soon to be concealed, for secrets and lies mark what lurks away from the daylight.

Slow, careful movements of the brush through ritual immemorial weave Chant upon your face, ancient

symbols given new meaning in your imminent glory.

Moving with steady care, your assistant slowly shrouds your markings within linen cloth. At each

appointed place he pauses, placing within you the profane talismans of Charnel, bloodied tokens of

the Pariah.

A stinging sensation burns upon your back as the bandages press tight against your skin, pointed

edges of each amulet and symbol drawing cursed blood as they press into your body.

Your assistant steps back as you ascend the Altar of Interment, your position now one of repose.

Taking up your sacrificial blade, with practiced motions your assistant slices along precise points

upon your body. Here an opened vein, there a pointed thrust, each place opening, unlocking baleful

power within.

Your assistant mutters something unintelligible in a low, guttural chant.

You feel yourself desiccate, gasping as air and water alike forces itself free of your body. What

begins as mere sweat soon multiplies, until the very waters of your life begin to seep away, exuded

from pore and cut to be carried along rivulets and channels in the stone beneath.

Your final words stretch forth from a ravaged, parched throat, "No Death for that which Endures

Eternal."

Blackness consumes you, your mind falling into abyssal depths...

Dislodged, apart, sundered from your mortal body, you float betwixt the imagination, neither wholly

alive, nor yet among the ranks of the dead.

There is no sight, no sound, no feeling. Only the awareness of something twisted within. A seedling,

now ready to sprout.

Hints of sensation surge and swell beneath the ocean of thought that is your mind. Vague awareness

of twisting, turning, howling, screaming, changing. Blood thunders in the hollow roar of Blackened

Sun and midnight curse, forever binding the virulent arts within.

With a soundless scream mind and body are reunited, thrashing as you tear, rip, scourge yourself in

the depths of that which constrains your cursed frame.

Linen cloth falls away, carrying profane amulets and blackened tokens with its unravelling wraps as

with a surge of mystical might the stone of your sarcophagus is cast aside.

In the depths of your grave, you are risen.

Your initiation is complete, and a Pariah's greatest art beckons: Charnel.

What have you done?

Entombed. (indoors)

There is no light within the cold darkness of a Charnel sarcophagus. Sensations of words and symbols

in ritual script grind over skin under questing hands, each mark upon the interior of the stone

catafalque blurring yet another line in the borders between Life and what lies Beyond. Ranging along

the granite in a shroud as complete as that of sky upon earth, the ancient glyphs of unbroken

blasphemy are granted new purchase and purpose in this place where death is only the beginning.

You see a single exit leading out.

• I love the last line. It really adds weight to the ritual. 'What have you done?'

• IMO it's better to leave these things for people to discover in-game. Pariah is pretty much bad at everything except the amazing player experience / roleplay watching this type of thing unfold, as you go. At least put a spoiler warning on it next time?

• edited April 2021

Le double

• The primordial tones of the Earthmother echo within your mind, "Ah, yes. That sounds spiteful and thus enjoyable."

-- Later

@Gaia, Goddess of Nature says, "Pork, please."

• Updated SVO and it rejected Tanris when I checked allies :(

• edited April 2021

@Austere agreed. That was hands down just a fun night.

“We’re surrounded. That simplifies the problem!” – Chesty Puller

“They’re on our right, they’re on our left, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us; they can’t get away from us this time.” – Chesty Puller

• @Peak Oh gosh that sucks. Now I have to check mine. I've kept a couple "no longer here" for well over a decade myself for sentimental purposes.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited April 2021

Massive shout out to the team for fixing the issues with handaxe returning so rapidly.

Chances are they broke it in the first place making another change but they addressed it quickly, so thank you!

@Makarios @Ictinus and the rest (you don't get ALL the credit I'm sure :D )

• edited April 2021

@Nicola Holy hell. That sounds like a lot of band-aids stacked. 20+%? just...lol.

Well then, a solid thanks to @Phaestus for being brave enough to try and tame that monster. And for rapidly responding to the bug reports. But still, a solid thanks to the whole team for doing what they can to make the game better in their own lanes.

• From the constant shit talk about Sentinel through all the Sentinel changes saying that "You're only good now", "Enjoy it while it last", "You can't do anything without being Sentinel" blah blah blah. It's quite annoying how people act like this.

(Leaving anonymous) tells you, "Cold out there for all you sents now."

Why must we act like this?

• Sentinel is fine, man. You're just now forced to actually play it for the first time.

As someone who has been nerfed once or twice before, trust, there's always another mechanic to abuse.

• I wasn't complaining about Sentinel? Was complaining about the person who is always shit talking me basically for just BEING a Sentinel, and then rubbing it in my face when the changes were done, and im still learning how to deal with them. It's just... annoying is all.

• Is it weird that I still havent gotten better w the changes then? Ive only been Sentinel for 600+ IG years. I guess I need to just pick a button and mash that mofo to win?

• You carefully put together the lens in your monocle and attach the clasp and catch.

HELL YEAH F*$& YOU MECHANICAL BOXES

• (Leaving anonymous) tells you, "Cold out there for all you sents now."

PM me who it is - going to look forward to tearing them apart :D

• edited April 2021

@Caelan @Nicola @Phaestus

Have the changes to throwing been documented anywhere? Just had another look at news and couldn't find anything.

I've noticed that throw now takes balance if there's no target (interferes with both bashing and pvp). Have bugged this because I'm sure it's different.

I've also noticed that the inline syntax for envenomed axes targeting limbs no longer works. I hadn't bugged this yet as I thought I might have been losing my mind and misremembering syntax (no detail in ab files for this functionality). If there have been changes in this space, I'll bug it too.

• edited April 2021

Hmm, that linked post looks a bit further back. I was asking in the context of the issues with handaxe returning that Caelan mentioned earlier today and Nicola's subsequent post.

• @Lyrin I bugged both the balance AND the in-line targetting not working yesterday. If I get a reply, I'll try to remember to post it here.

• Oh that was 100% me who said that to @Venari

Any class that could just spam para/imp with passive afflictions giving them an instakill.... could never claim to be anything other than Spoiled..

Now that he (all) sents have to actually learn how to pvp... I look forward to all challenges...

And you can try to complain about me all you want, but when you abused that class the way you did... I will, yes throw it in your face when I can.

And for the incoming side comments know that, this is a complete 180 from him now that he is actually balanced... as he Rival requested me so he could pk me on demand as a sent and now that he can't, all of sudden tries to call me out for a single tell.

• You actually rival requested me and then sent me a tell with HELP RIVALS. I didn't even know rivals was a thing up to that moment.

• Also. Not sure how I abused the class? When they added vertigo into the petrify pool, I told them it was wayyyy too strong, and then they took it back out.

• @Lyrin Said the balance issue, the throwing at something not there using balance, and in-line targetting should be fixed.