New Layout and Look

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

For the most part I agree. But the war contest thread has bee languishing without any kind of answer or reference for how long now?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• It was answered in a recent Q&A that they intend to incorporate the war lines, just not when.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• edited March 2021

The inability to quote, and the spoiler tabs in this update of the forums is the only thing I'll complain of. They are horrendous with the white on white. If the old colour pallet was used, just grey with black/dark grey text, I think it'd be fine with the current colour pallet.

Just my two gold on this after using it for a bit.

• You can quote, just not direct quotes that tags the person being quoted.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Good news is that not having decent forums has reduced my time spent on them by like 90%, and has reduced my urge to login to the game.

• The forum rules seems to be a bad link as it just links to the main page.

• edited March 2021

Anarchaea-forums??!?!?

• @Eryl your last post aging well.

Hs anyone noticed the search function doesn't work? I'm getting snapshot search results from early March.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo

Can we please go back to our semi functional forum now please?

I will say, I love the colour scheme and the bigger reaction icons and the way it shows a summary of the profile when you click on an username.

But in terms of functionality this was a downgrade in almost all respects.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Jumpy - any chance you could look into the quote function being pretty difficult to use? It's made it hard for us to respond to the right people without junking up a post.

• sdfadfadsfadsfasdf

• sdfasdfadf
    asdfsdfasdf
    asdfsadfadf
    asdfdf

• edited April 2021

Quote Block

Code Block.

spoiler

Heading option 3.

Lol, this website is so janky. @Jumpy are you ok bro. You seem to have had a stroke in the last two posts.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • I'm not going to lie. It is driving me crazy.

• How much is IRE paying for website design. I'm sure that myself and a few other people here wouldn't mind providing some upgrades. However, the buck must have a bang or whatever.

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Not sure if somebody's already mentioned this white text on a white background in polls. If so, a bump.

• It's like Congress.. you can't see what is in the bill until you vote for it.

• edited April 2021

Not entirely sure how I'm liking the changes so far. Old as this post might be now.

• On the bright side we now get more than 10 results again, when using forum search...

...It still bugs out and only shows one at a time when you try to filter it by newest/oldest, but it's a start...

• How do you quote somebody in the first place? I've wanted to respond to people but I just don't have a clue how to quote them besides copy/pasting their lines into a 'quote' block, and that doesn't tag them

Without resting, my king, you will work, my king

Until all is plentiful in the people's garden

• edited May 2021

i did it on desktop the other day and felt like Indiana Jones.

1. Copy the text to the comment box.

2. Highlight it AGAIN (like you did to cut/paste),

3. then move the mouse pointer to the outside left side of the comment box.

4. Click the paragraph icon,

5. select quote.

Apparently they made it an OOC quest.

BOOM @Ictinus burn! (I kid. Dont code me bro)

• AustereAustere Tennessee

i did it on desktop the other day and felt like Indiana Jones.

1. Copy the text to the comment box.

2. Highlight it AGAIN (like you did to cut/paste),

3. then move the mouse pointer to the outside left side of the comment box.

4. Click the paragraph icon,

5. select quote.

Apparently they made it an OOC quest.

Holy shit, this works...ish. So much more intuitive than just clicking the old "Quote" button. Should add in a captcha before you can post as well. Really make it an adventure

• ooh.. yeah one of those really small captchas with like 5 dynamic picks, and then the fuzzy letters stacked on top of each other, just because..

• Nice...you'll get the true Achaea Questing experience with all that!

• I'd ask if whoever makes the forums is holding IRE people hostage but I can't even find "Powered by ActualNazis" or anything on the page. Maybe they're embarrassed of what they made?

• Can we change forums back, yet?

• Did the font size change for anyone else? I can't figure out if I did it on my end and forgot to change it back, if my browser (Chrome) did an update, or another reason.

• It's apparently https://vanillaforums.com/en/, @Kog.

Font hasn't noticeably changed for me, @Cooper.

• I just wanted to give the team kudos, this latest re-design looks great!

This discussion has been closed.