Tekura Katas IRL!

I was in the dojo and getting tired of serious training, so I decided to try out the first three tekura katas! It was at times surprisingly difficult to interpret the text in a way to create a reasonable succession of moves, especially for Jakata (now I finally understand why it always took so long to master this one in game!).

Also, it turns out that the tekura forms are actually super short.

Mind you, this isn't how I necessarily imagined the katas to look like. It's a strongly karate-based interpretation (Kyokushin karate, to be precise), so it may look rather "stiff" and "unrealistic" - but that's just the kind of kata I'm accustomed to. Would be great to see practitioners from other styles give their interpretations!

Jakata:

Lisagi:

Rhee:

I may give the other katas a try later. The high ones are going to be tough! Need to start practicing all those backflips, handstands and splits...

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

You basically being an official, professional monk irl makes my heart really happy.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • This is sick!

• Now THIS is the kind of fan-content that I live for. Amazing work!

• this is super cool tho. I am very interested in seeing this continue!

Completely unrelated, but you're p. cute, too.

• Krull: One handed handstand into handspring backflip or we riot.

• @Nhakra: Thanks!

@Namino: I'm sure I can do that! (Brb, looking for some youtube tutorials on video editing.)

• edited April 2021

Achaeans doing things IRL is tight.

• Buy me an OOS and I will provide the parody companion to these videos. "Those most certainly ARE NOT prat falls. I ruptured a kidney!"