With enemies like these, who needs friends?

Just a thread for you to share your favorite antagonists (or protagonists if you view yourself as an antagonist).

For me, definitely the various pirates: @Elyra, @Jinsun, @Kresslack (who was the first to sink me but now has gone legit), @Kuriel, and many others that keep the oceans exciting!

Comments

• @Eryl Hey, fuck you too, buddy.

I hope when you go to sleep tonight, both sides of your pillow are warm.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• @Saonji I hope your next tentacle has dicks instead of suction cups, you dirty Chaos queen.

• Hey I've seen that hentai.

Picture just for you, @Eryl

On topic: My favourite antagonist will always be Tanris. Same for in Aetolia and Imperian as well. It's rare to have someone piss you off to the degree he often did, yet would also be willing to help you out just as much if you asked. Maybe I'm just jaded but most 'antagonists' don't really stick out to me (who aren't just general dickbags). Maybe @Penwize if you could class him as such, we got up to fun a bunch.

As for 'protagonist' I'd echo @Nephiny - she's pretty great. I miss Flair too, though I guess how you view him depends on your interactions with him. @Rangor as well.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Aw, shucks 😊 I, too, choose @Nephiny.

Though he's Nephiny's antagonist more often than not, I understand that he could be mistakenly taken for a good guy, and so I root for @Atalkez a lot.

Favorite antagonists, hands down @Melodie and @Stheno. I've had really awesome interactions with @Eryl, @Mezghar, and @Elon, too.

• So far @Mizik has been my favorite person to claim a bounty on me, mostly because he had no hesitation coming into Eleusis to get me. My normal periods of chilling semi-afk while I wrote something or read scrolls became tense waiting to suddenly get beckoned to a non-guard room. I was almost disappointed when he finally completed the bounty.

• Everyone from team Nature and Dark who have engaged with me in diplomatic conflict lately without taking advantage of my social anxiety disorder to easily shut me out. This makes me want to take more risks.

It reminds me of how supportive Phaestus and the knights were when I took some optic nerve damage IRL and couldn't play the same way anymore. Phaestus helped me weave my injury into my character's story so my sudden abstention from combat wouldn't ruin my character's reputation. To this day nobody ridicules me for being the knight who can't defend. I don't deserve you guys.

• I love that Mizik isnt afraid. Ive seen him so many times as Im repairing a script or just talking to someone. All of a sudden I get a blitz of text with a brickred name in it as he hits a totem in the room.

My first reaction is always "WTF did I do?" then I feel used because he tracked to me.