Hard to get ahead with free account

Sorry if this subject has already been posted by someone else. I’m constantly hungry and not enough gold to buy food. Maybe I need to hunt more. Maybe I should complain about this with a city tell. Also, I got an armour smith trade and it seems hard to get ahead in that. I’ll have to buy a lot of comms and prob nobody will buy the shields at what I have to charge.

Comments

• You should definitely reach out to your city! A lot of folks will give you some food and maybe a little gold to get started. Nobody likes to see a newbie starving to death.

My suggestion would be to quest while you hunt in the newbie areas, e.g. the pixie queen will reward you with gold for every imp you bring her. Bring her an imp, you got a meal! Bring her 10 imps and you have two empty vials and a bunch of health and mana elixir refills. There are a LOT of newbie quests and most are listed in HELP NEWBIEQUESTS. They are officially the only quests other players are encouraged to provide assistance so enjoy them while you can.

You might find that tradeskills aren't worth your time and energy yet, and that your lessons would better be spent on class skills. You can buy what you need for now, and you'll find some affordable, low-grade equipment in every city. Again, reach out to your citymates.
  • Definitely ask on city, I can't imagine they wouldn't help get you on your feet.

Shecks snickers softly to himself.

Shecks lifts one hand to touch an earring of Sinope.

Blistered skin melting from his flesh, Shecks has succumbed to the effects of Novak, Trial-Elect of Antagony's darkshade.

• You're replying to something nearly 9 months old lol.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Oh we care about necro now? That's my bad. I need to get with the times.

Shame on me for wanting to help people and missing a date.

Shecks snickers softly to himself.

Shecks lifts one hand to touch an earring of Sinope.

Blistered skin melting from his flesh, Shecks has succumbed to the effects of Novak, Trial-Elect of Antagony's darkshade.