In Memory of Grondson

edited March 2021 in North of Thera

On March 26, 2021, we received the heart-breaking news that the player behind Grondson Rousseau had passed away from COVID complications. Our dear friend logged into Achaea the night before he departed to bid farewell despite the state of his health. But true to his giving spirit, Grondson's only concern was that he could pass on his belongings to help other people. Words cannot express what a kind and gentle soul he was or the void that he will leave behind. We are all better for having known him, and he will never be forgotten.

John's family wrote a beautiful obituary for those who would like additional information: 

https://www.gregorycremation.com/blog/2021/3/28/john-louis-spaulding

Nicola and the Garden Team also made an Announce post with a touching send-off and honours line:

https://www.achaea.com/news/?game=Achaea&section=Announce&number=5323

The setting sun is darkened briefly as the birds of the Ithmia take flight as one. The sombre honour guard soars and wheels into the firmament, calling abroad their songs in memory of one of their own.

Kindred Grondson Rousseau (male Elder Golden Dragon).

He is 259 years old, having been born on the 23rd of Valnuary, 595 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.

He wanders the furthest reaches of the forests, a book ever in hand.

Thank you to @Seelie who has been his friend since the beginning and kept us updated. In game, his House plans on hosting a memorial within the next week or two, which we'll post to the public boards after the logistics are settled.

Comments

• Grondson was one of the kindest souls I've ever known, he will be truely and sorely missed.

Thank you Admin for making this truly depressing development somewhat easier to manage. @Nicola

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool Or a coward
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both
    For a wounded man will shall say to his assailant
    "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven"
    Such is the rule of honor
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.

In lieu of a care or sad reaction:

I did not really know him except in passing or as enemies here and there, but Lachlan and I offer our condolences to his family and friends. It will always be heartbreaking to hear of any Achaean, current or former, being taken too early.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited March 2021

Yes I knew him for real, and he really was the person he played. Kind, thoughtful, sweet and absolutely genuine. My heart is broken <3

• He would often use words that the common man would need to look up to see how harsh an insult we had been dealt. He would take down the largest of dragons with one well place verbal lance.

I knew of him, now I wish I really knew him.

Very touching what we have done here in Achaea; to honor someone in such a way.

Shecks snickers softly to himself.

Shecks lifts one hand to touch an earring of Sinope.

Blistered skin melting from his flesh, Shecks has succumbed to the effects of Novak, Trial-Elect of Antagony's darkshade.