Artistry Supplies *Bug*

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

So I'm making this thread for a couple of reasons. The first being to gauge how many others might be affected by it (or have noticed), and the second being to try to help bring attention to it for a hopefully expedited resolution. Yes, I've put a bug report in (Bug ID: 11226) about a month back or so, and I realize it's been very busy with the games, but it is (potentially) a pretty impactful bug that seems to prevent any Artistry work without willfully exploiting it, so wanted to mention it publicly.

When making artistry supplies, such as pigments, oils, inks, etc it's a cost in reagents via Inkmilling to make like the base, which you afterwards mix using an artistry kit. The issue is that when inkmilling these base ingredients, I noticed that it is not using up the reagents put into the mill.

I tested regular inkmilling to make inks, and it uses the materials, but this is not the case for artistry based supplies (i.e. 1 red clay and 1 fish scales will mill for 1 batch of redink and it will consume the reagents, but using those same reagents to mill for pigment will not consume them).

Has anyone else noticed this and tried to bring it up to get fixed? I'm relatively new to the Artistry tradeskill, and I have a lot of things to be made for my House that are having to be held off on until this gets cleared up, so I imagine I can't be the only one.

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

Update, I got a reply on this and apparently the reagents needed are pulled directly from inventory first, then rift. A couple of things seem odd about this to me. Why doesn't this work the same way with general inkmilling to produce inks? Also, there doesn't seem to be any listed information (unless I've overlooked it) regarding what regeants are required for making these pigments, though this can be easily enough deduced by making a batch and checking your rift afterwards.