Valheim

I had a bunch of subscription time on an old MC server so I switched it over to Valheim. If anyone wants to play y'all are welcome.

148.72.158.46:30100
PW: donteatdog

Comments

• edited February 2021
    eta: since Estinien didn't mention, this is a dedicated server, so it's always online.
    If anyone else does decide to join us. This is all I've bothered doing so far.

Sprint southwest until you see a massive building (seriously it took ages to build), there's multiple beds inside for people to set their spawn point there.
    Red is the location of the first boss if you need to do him, if you haven't unlocked his stuff on your char yet (unlocks persist through multiple servers). He's pretty easy.

Not sure if my marks show up for others, but I placed markers for the entrance to black forest biome, for those who have progressed to that stage. There's a gigantic copper lode nearby, as well.

Personally I usually hate 'survival' games, but I'm enjoying this one a lot.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Have been having a lot of fun with this game, set up a dedicated server for some friends to play on. Might pop into this one from time to time, set up a little place to live.

• I have a little farm on the server I play on and was so very proud. I had even tamed some wolves and had a kennel for them. That was until the troll nation struck, the wolves went wild and broke out of the kennel and went after the trolls. Only one survived so now I need to go wolf taming again. :(

Shit gets hard after the second boss, I'm not sure if I want to do the others.

• edited March 2021

In case anyone has been thinking of giving my server a shot, I configured Valheim-Plus on my server in order to put in some QOL changes so if you try to connect you'll have to have it installed. It's super simple, you just grab the zip from https://github.com/valheimPlus/ValheimPlus and extract it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Valheim and you're done.

This gives us some options for the building side of the game, I didn't mess with combat numbers,

• You have less stamina used for ordinary actions (swing, jump, swim, run etc)
    • Full effect of food for the duration of the food instead of it tapering off.
    • Longer days and shorter nights.
    • Build from chest (you can keep chests where you are building and you will use resources from there instead of having to have everything in inventory)
    • Larger stacks for items in inventories
    • Larger chest inventories
    • Larger longboat inventory,
    • Larger carry capacity
    • Larger area of effectiveness for crafting upgrades (workbench, forge etc.)
    • Smelters take in far more ore and fuel, and smelt material at a 1:1 ratio
    • Torches, hearths, fireplaces etc. don't run out of fuel once filled up
    • More items dropped from gathering methods (wood, stone, ore etc.)
    • Map reveal progress is shared by all people logged in

If you do decide to drop in be aware that I'll be tweaking these things up and down over time as I feel necessary to make things less tedious but still fun.