A new map of (south) Sapience

edited February 2021 in North of Thera
I wanted to make a new map of Sapience, and due to a bit of a mistake I have to do the continent in two chunks. So, here's the southern part of Sapience. It doesn't include the outlying islands, and is, obviously, in a completely different style from Delphinus's map of a decade ago. It's at 4k resolution, but it looks like Vanilla's forum software downscales it to a lesser resolution, so to see the full 4k version you'll have to wait for the team to put this on the Achaea site.

Comments

• This makes me wish there were denizen ships sailing around the sea all the time. Kind of like mobs, but not seamonsters. They'd just be neutral. Maybe have gold/cargo. Maybe they'd be affiliate with certain orgs!

Sorry, it's just such a cool map! Thanks!
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Checking the image's url will give you the full picture. https://us.v-cdn.net/5019940/uploads/editor/zk/sh4oejjrxjd8.jpg

• I really like that Blu, Yudhi, and Geh'shya are all on the map. Very cool touch.
  • Veldrin said:
    Checking the image's url will give you the full picture. https://us.v-cdn.net/5019940/uploads/editor/zk/sh4oejjrxjd8.jpg
    That looks to me to only deliver a 1980x1514 image, whereas the full-size one is 4096x3132.
  • Taryius said:
    I really like that Blu, Yudhi, and Geh'shya are all on the map. Very cool touch.
    Gotta represent my OG lesser dragons!
  • Sarapis said:
    Taryius said:
    I really like that Blu, Yudhi, and Geh'shya are all on the map. Very cool touch.
    No shade, but I feel like with the current game balance, we're the lesser dragons. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    edited February 2021
    Sarapis said:
    Veldrin said:
    Checking the image's url will give you the full picture. https://us.v-cdn.net/5019940/uploads/editor/zk/sh4oejjrxjd8.jpg
    That looks to me to only deliver a 1980x1514 image, whereas the full-size one is 4096x3132.
    Oh right, still higher quality than what you can see on the forums tho :D 

edit:
    looking on the image, isn't Azdun and the Goblin village placed wrong on it? Azdun is to the southwest of the village isn't it?

• Astarod said:
    Sarapis said:
    Taryius said:
    No shade, but I feel like with the current game balance, we're the lesser dragons. 

I'm fairly sure that lesser dragon Yudhi was always been quite a bit stronger than the average 'greater' dragon!
  • Keorin said:
    Astarod said:
    Sarapis said:
    Taryius said:

I'm fairly sure that lesser dragon Yudhi was always been quite a bit stronger than the average 'greater' dragon!
    Yudhishthira is actually a Greater Dragon now, it's why he has a human form now. Sycaerunax blessed him at some point (no idea when though)

• It was when he won the Reckoning and replaced Maklak as leader of the Conclave. I just garbled my sentence, which was supposed to be past tense.
  • Astarod said:
    Sarapis said:
    Taryius said:
    The reason for this apparent discrepancy is that we keep misspelling them. It's actually "grater dragon" and "laser dragon" and once we realise this, it should be obvious that a laser dragon is more badass than a grater dragon.
  • I may be wrong here, very possible, but isn't the Goblin village to the North/northeast of Azdun?
  • Alinoe said:
    I may be wrong here, very possible, but isn't the Goblin village to the North/northeast of Azdun?
    That being said, regardless of whether or not I'm wrong, the map looks awesome and I love it.
  • edited February 2021
    It is, which Veldrin pointed out.

Enverren is also through Manusha to the west, not south.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited February 2021
    Veldrin said:
    Sarapis said:
    Veldrin said:
    Oh right, still higher quality than what you can see on the forums tho :D 

edit:
    looking on the image, isn't Azdun and the Goblin village placed wrong on it? Azdun is to the southwest of the village isn't it?
    Good point, will fix.

Edit: Fixed!
  • edited February 2021
    Saonji said:
    It is, which Veldrin pointed out.

Enverren is also through Manusha to the west, not south.
    Wasn't room for it, so I put it mostly south.

Edit: Made room for it, now is west (as well as south).

• Geez guy, should really do some research into the lore of the world before putting out faulty fanfic. Might offend the original minds work.

:#

Kidding of course. Looks great.

• This is really awesome!

Missing Clockwork maybe? The southeast islands feel off space wise as well.

• edited February 2021
    This would make an awesome blanket.  I saw one with a really awesome Westeros map with is a similar style graphic - but this'd be much more more fun.  Which made me think... I wonder if Achaea has considered merch as a form of revenue and/or fundraiser for a charity or something like that.  I'm sure it has been thought of and/or requested before but surprised it's not a thing!
  • Leviathan bridge from Mdor Isle to continent please! 
  • Shecks said:
    This would make an awesome blanket.  I saw one with a really awesome Westeros map with is a similar style graphic - but this'd be much more more fun.  Which made me think... I wonder if Achaea has considered merch as a form of revenue and/or fundraiser for a charity or something like that.  I'm sure it has been thought of and/or requested before but surprised it's not a thing!
    I swear I remember like, some old wordpress site with merch

• Trey said:
    Shecks said:
    I swear I remember like, some old wordpress site with merch

I recall a thing about merch, a forum thread about merch ideas. Paper only. I suggested a tarot deck based on a certain IG poem about the difference between occie and jester tarot. Clothing/blankets were not on the table - for that thread, anyway.

Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • ItaIta Hashan

This is so amazing! It literally almost wants to bring tears to the eyes. This is so beautiful and stunning! I love maps. Ahhhh!