Who hates the new walkto?

Personally, I don't care but...

"Ask and ye shall receive... Or something..."

Cooper said:
Someone needs to make a simple script and then distribute it publicly - goal is to make it easy for non-coders.

*  makes denizens clickable either on INFO HERE or on QUICKLOCK, allowing you to make a table entry for that denizen that will tie it to a room number and/or area

* a command that brings up all of your saved denizens that is clickable, bonus points if this is sorted by area and alphabetical denizen name

* 'goto x' support that utilizes your database

* publicly distribute script for free

The advanced coders already have something like this anyway, might as well make it as common as the mudlet map itself!

Edit: if you really want to do this and can do it in a timely fashion and without the expectation of having to support the script, post here or DM me. I'll throw you 250 credits if something workable can be released in a week. No, it won't really be worth your time - but you'll be doing good for the community!
Download here. Mudlet only, unfortunately.
Install the package and you're good to go.

• dw add - Show a list of denizens in your room, that aren't currently in the list. Click them to add them.
  • dw rem ### - Remove a denizen from the walkto list.
  • dw area - Show a list of denizens in your current area you have setup to walk to; can remove them, or walkto them from this list.
  • dw search <text> - Lookup denizen names, irrespective of area. Click them to walk to.
  • dwalk ### - If you already know the denizen id (and it's in the list), use this to walkto them the same as you used to.

eta: This adds by their id, so it's possible to store multiple denizens of the same name.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

Comments

• Woops, just missed the edit window.

Same download link, but fixed an issue with the lookup. Now it's not case-sensitive.

• Thanks, Saonji, the Achaean community thanks you!

• I don't mind adding some things to it, if people need easy-to-add things.

What was asked for, is what was made, though. Wouldn't be difficult to add minor things onto it.

• Sellout!
  • Thaisen said:
    Sellout!
    Oh no, my feelings!

• I am a tad confused - is this pre-populated or do I need to add them as I wander (which is fine - just wondering whether I mucked something up).

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• You'll need to populate it yourself.

• edited February 2021
    I outdo myself sometimes, really. Download link is same as the above.

A few changes/updates.

- I did a dumb on the saving of settings... Now it actually will save your settings through mudlet sessions. Oops.
    - Searching a mob will also show its id, mostly for below purposes...

You can now mark a mob (still needs to be tracked first). Using dw mark <id> <mark> you can bring back the function of being able to walk to a mob by its name. Example:
    If you wish to unmark the mob, simply do dw mark <id> none or dw mark <id> remove.

These marks won't show on lookup, but they will show if you use the new dw marks alias. Clickable (on the vnum) the same as the lookup is, and also removable the same way (clicking the [R] - This removes the mob, not the mark!)

You can then use dwalk <mark> to walkto that mob, the same as you used to be able to, rather than having to use the id. ID will still work, of course.

Fiiiiinally, I also added a way to import settings from someone else. Simply use dw import and a popup will display, asking where the file you want to import from is. Double click that file, and it'll import immediately! (close the popup to cancel)... In saying that, I've uploaded my table here that people can use as a starting point. It includes the marks in the above screenshot; I'd have done more, but others weren't alive.

• Uh, woops. Surprised nobody pointed it out sooner... Fixed an issue that was stopping it from loading properly, after closing mudlet.

Same download link!

• @Khaseem I got a new thing for you to copy ;)

This one is similar to how @Veldrin 's database works, although I opted to not make it automatic. I added a 'lookup' table independent of the rest of the script, but with similar features!

• dlreset - will reset the lookup portion of the script (it won't clear your marks and stuff).
    • dltoggle - will toggle automatic adding of mobs to the lookup table.
    • dlremove <stuff> - will remove mobs from the lookup table, matching the specified search criteria.
    • dlookup <stuff> - functions similarly to dw search <thing> but it's for the lookup table only. From this table you can walkto mobs with the usual script, but also add it to the walkto table by clicking the [A]
    Useful if you want to keep a big list of mobs and where they are, without it cluttering your walkto list. Enjoy :)
    (same download link)