Pariah Embrace

So... is the deathsickness going to be a domino effect? Like. I am infected. I die to this guy, infecting him. That guy is my ally, that guy kills this guy. Etc. Will this just keep happening, or is it only the initial killer that gets infected?

Comments

• It's chain reaction, yes.

A has deathsickness. B bursts A and gets deathsickness. C bursts B and gets deathsickness. It fades when the last person to get it dies for real.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I have thought long and hard about this ability and have basically decided that I'm never going to use it.  I really don't understand why anyone would.

DW Aeon is already virtually useless in solo combat  without needing a defence against it, and in teamfights using Embrace is basically just giving yourself an extra death (with a strong chance of giving some of your friends extra deaths too).

Honestly I'm very confused by this one.  I've read Makarios' explanation of what it's supposed to be used for, but I cannot imagine a single scenario where I'd actually use it, and ideally don't expect that I ever will use it, which is kinda sad.
  • Shecks said:
    DW Aeon is already virtually useless in solo combat  without needing a defence against it, and in teamfights using Embrace is basically just giving yourself an extra death (with a strong chance of giving some of your friends extra deaths too).
    Are you sure it only applies to DW Aeon? Truename and Tarot Aeon are both quite useful in 1v1. Jesters rely on it especially. They do have the puppetry alternative, but that's much worse, requiring a lot of fashions along with a longer balance.
  • Calira said:
    Shecks said:
    Are you sure it only applies to DW Aeon? Truename and Tarot Aeon are both quite useful in 1v1. Jesters rely on it especially. They do have the puppetry alternative, but that's much worse, requiring a lot of fashions along with a longer balance.
    Help file says it applies to aeon with exceptions in doll and ruinated wheel. Not sure if it works on truename. Still don't know why Shecks keeps saying DW aeon.
  • Taryius said:
    Help file says it applies to aeon with exceptions in doll and ruinated wheel. Not sure if it works on truename. Still don't know why Shecks keeps saying DW aeon.
    This is DW Aeon:

I know for sure that death sickness defence stops DW Aeon (which is an ability, unironically within the "Aeonics" skillset).

I've heard indirectly from other testers that DW Aeon is the only ability that it stops, and that testing included Jester, Magi, Shaman, and Occultist.  I do not know if they tested Truename, but based on the text it would make sense that it would not, but it could go either way - and I can see a tester only testing Tarot and forgetting about Truename.

If someone can confirm either way, it'd be nice, but even if it did stop truename it would not really change my opinion of the ability being pretty useless relative to the huge cost / penalty from using it.
  • edited February 2021
    I would expect it to work vs Aeon from Tarot and DW, not puppet/name/destabilize (Jester/Shaman/Occultist/Magi) -- if Tarot is not being stopped by it, bug it. I'm iffy on destab, it's much easier to regain then a doll or truename, so I can see that one not working too.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.