Quick Questions

Comments

• I don't know, but I don't think it does anymore.
  • They changed it to not use STR around the time they removed the XP penalty from dragons I think.
  • @Accipiter wait so dform hunting is same xp?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    It should not, per old announces.

Sometimes I feel like fishing at sea as dragon is easier than normal form, even when I have the fishing trait in both, but that's super anecdotal. 
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Peak said:
    @Accipiter wait so dform hunting is same xp?
    Yes, its not half xp now like it used to be. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • So are mechanical boxes trash on purpose? Or did it just happen that way
  • Yes.              

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• I guess there was a trash queue that needed to be cleared. After 20 with nothing to show for it but a couple customisaton credits, I'm starting to get pieces. 
  • Mechanical boxes have a 1/9 chance of giving you a piece, and a 2/3 chance of giving you 1/4 of a box. In a group of 100, you'd get around 120 total boxes after consolation prizes and about 13-14 pieces from random sets that you don't control. That's 2500 credits for 14 pieces. They better be good pieces
  • @Amranu pieces have been "meh" so far
  • edited January 2021
    Mechanical boxes are worth less than half the value per credit than the current promotion.
  • My intelligence power is on a pin, and when I try to ARTEFACT INTELLIGENCE UPGRADE, I get "This is not an artefact."

Anyone have ideas?
  • You have to use the whole power name.
  • You have to use to upgrade power command which is slightly different than the artefact update command, but not 100% sure what it is and I always have a bit of trouble finding it whenever I go looking.

It is working as intended though :P
  • Vinzent said:
    You have to use the whole power name.
    What is the whole power name? Intelligence(2) does not work.
  • You most likely have intelligence sips in your inventory. Put those in your pack then try again.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited February 2021
    ARTEFACT INTELLIGENCE UPGRADE is the correct command to use. I just double checked.
  • Atalkez said:
    You most likely have intelligence sips in your inventory. Put those in your pack then try again.
    This was the problem!
  • any idea what anything in the fae shop is/does?
  • Peak said:
    any idea what anything in the fae shop is/does?

As per ANNOUNCE #5012:

The Fae versions of existing items are:

An amulet of the Unsidhe
        Equivalent to a Buckawn's Amulet.

A Sidhe diadem
       Equivalent to an Aldar Diadem.

A coral staff of Illusions
       A Tirfo Thuinn variation on the Staff of Illusions.

A magnificent kelpie
       This mount looks similar to the crated mount from promotions past... during the day! At night, it
    might have a wilder side.

A satyri cornucopia
       Taken by Fafnir from fallen interlopers, this gruesome cornucopia fills daily with foods found in the Unsidhe and Sidhe kitchens.

The new artefacts are:

A jagged fae sword
       When beheaded by this sword, the recently disembodied head will speak, reporting all that the initial owner says for fifteen minutes or until the head's owner meets another death.

A tear-stained cauldron
       WISH FOR <damage type> to gain resistance to that type and lower resistance to other damage types.
       10% bonus to the one you choose, -5% to all the rest.
       Can switch at any time for a small balance cost.
       No cooldown.
       Persists until death or logout.

A hollowed length of selkie bone
       BLOW <blowgun> AT <target> to apply a random effect similar to Seasone's miscellaneous flasks.
       This item is consumed on use!

A black fang
       With this fang in your inventory, wishing yourself out of Annwyn becomes a much more exciting affair.
       Simply place it in a container if you want safer passage.

A silvery tank of enticement
       Charge this tank with Annwyn-based adventurer kills!
       After you have racked up 5 kills you can ACTIVATE TANK to create an adduction-like effect in any room for 1 minute.
       Activation is not limited to Annwyn!
       This effect isn't stopped by mass, but beckon prevention will protect against it.
       The charge does not decay away with time.

A smoked glass sundial
       Grants a critical hits and XP bonus against the Unsidhe during the day and against Sidhe during
    the night.
       Approximately 5% bonus to both!

• So, with alts, how do people usually handle having one? I'd think it'd be best for RP that one's alt is not known, but there seems no hard rules about it from what I've read in HELP SECONDS and CROSS CHARACTER. 

I'm just curious cause, at times I'm at a writer's block for Ryssa, but would still like to play. And an alt could give an opportunity for different RP and personality. Though, more thoughtful time on Ryssa would help too, of course. And simply more time to play.....

But, main point here, if I had an alt, I know I'd end up drawing her, but, then I don't know if I'd ever be able to post the pictures. I don't know if I'd WANT people to know who the writer behind the alt is. So, how would others with alts handle this?

• edited February 2021
    Reiv said:
    Peak said:
    any idea what anything in the fae shop is/does?

As per ANNOUNCE #5012:

The Fae versions of existing items are:

An amulet of the Unsidhe
        Equivalent to a Buckawn's Amulet.

A Sidhe diadem
       Equivalent to an Aldar Diadem.

A coral staff of Illusions
       A Tirfo Thuinn variation on the Staff of Illusions.

A magnificent kelpie
       This mount looks similar to the crated mount from promotions past... during the day! At night, it
    might have a wilder side.

A satyri cornucopia
       Taken by Fafnir from fallen interlopers, this gruesome cornucopia fills daily with foods found in the Unsidhe and Sidhe kitchens.

The new artefacts are:

A jagged fae sword
       When beheaded by this sword, the recently disembodied head will speak, reporting all that the initial owner says for fifteen minutes or until the head's owner meets another death.

A tear-stained cauldron
       WISH FOR <damage type> to gain resistance to that type and lower resistance to other damage types.
       10% bonus to the one you choose, -5% to all the rest.
       Can switch at any time for a small balance cost.
       No cooldown.
       Persists until death or logout.

A hollowed length of selkie bone
       BLOW <blowgun> AT <target> to apply a random effect similar to Seasone's miscellaneous flasks.
       This item is consumed on use!

A black fang
       With this fang in your inventory, wishing yourself out of Annwyn becomes a much more exciting affair.
       Simply place it in a container if you want safer passage.

A silvery tank of enticement
       Charge this tank with Annwyn-based adventurer kills!
       After you have racked up 5 kills you can ACTIVATE TANK to create an adduction-like effect in any room for 1 minute.
       Activation is not limited to Annwyn!
       This effect isn't stopped by mass, but beckon prevention will protect against it.
       The charge does not decay away with time.

A smoked glass sundial
       Grants a critical hits and XP bonus against the Unsidhe during the day and against Sidhe during
    the night.
       Approximately 5% bonus to both!

I'm just gonna say, the cauldron us pretty amazing for both PvE and PvP.  IMHO it's directly on par with SoA and stacks with SoA.  It has downsides and some use cases are better than others, but it's the same with SoA, and you can always turn it off if you don't want it.

I bought it for Pariah since Pariah dies to a strong breeze, but it remains useful on all classes, while turning super tanky classes like Dwarf RW and Dragon into Juggernauts.

• edited February 2021
    Shecks said:
    I bought it for Pariah since Pariah dies to a strong breeze, but it remains useful on all classes, while turning super tanky classes like Dwarf RW and Dragon into Juggernauts.

Well now that's just a flat out lie. It can at least take 'pretty windy' now in PvE, after the shield buff.

Soon it will be able to take 'a light punch in the face' - mark my words.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited February 2021
    Saonji said:
    Shecks said:

Well now that's just a flat out lie. It can at least take 'pretty windy' now in PvE, after the shield buff.

Soon it will be able to take 'a light punch in the face' - mark my words.
    I appreciate your positivity here but with the following defences...

+3 all stat arties + L3 bracelet
    Max level sip + regen arties + Berkana
    Boar + frogskin (extra boar)
    Horkval damage resists (L2 Cutting + Blunt)
    Cloth armor + cutting (7%) + blunt (7%) + SoA paragons
    Actual SoA (for armor)
    Trans riding + Legendary mount (lowers damage)
    Trans avoidance (lowers damage)
    Algiz (more flat resist)
    Omnitrans miniskills
    Maxed deathcape, Level 103 HP, Jera
    Fae Cauldron (extra 10% damage reduction in this case cutting damage)
    All offensive arties (L3 collar, L3 Int, L3 crit pendant + Lily buff)
    Pariahs Shield buff with 19 Str
    Magus (magic damage resist for Ladies)

... I still cannot bash Sidhe.   Not even close.  I have to hit and run to sip like I'm fighting Delos guards, while on other classes I don't even hit yellow HP in Annwyn.

And meanwhile on 2H a single APC kills a Sidhe while on Pariah 3 APCs DOES NOT kill a Sidhe (with 21 Int + L3 Collar).  And the Epitaph speed bonus means nothing when you can't do more than 3-4 traces without running out of a room.

I can't see this class being even remotely viable for bashing without armor or HP regen ability + a non-trivial increase in damage.

(PS sorry, probably wrong thread for this.  Feel free to reply back in the Pariah thread I'd you're so inclined).
  • Looking at things from the opposite side - I created a brand new character to try out Pariah. Base INT of 15 and eventually added the trait to get 16. No arties at all. I put way too many lessons into Charnel at first because it looked cool, so I ended up hindering my own hunting ability. And yet it's still killing early game bashing better than any other class I've tried in the early game. (Note, Argwin is a runewarden but didn't pick it up until post-dragon, so I'm including runie early game bashing)

Having a high INT Shield with no armour hasn't felt squishy at all, and blood wrack is a really fast hunting skill. I was killing gnolls in Manara at level 15 with no sweat at all. Once I picked up a working epitaph chain hunting got even faster. At level 60 I tested myself against a Vertani guard in Tir Murann and killed it, only having to run and heal once.

I'm sure a lot of people can post better stats and anecdotes for early game hunting, but Pariah is the best I've personally played so far. 
  • edited February 2021
    Argwin said:
    Looking at things from the opposite side - I created a brand new character to try out Pariah. Base INT of 15 and eventually added the trait to get 16. No arties at all. I put way too many lessons into Charnel at first because it looked cool, so I ended up hindering my own hunting ability. And yet it's still killing early game bashing better than any other class I've tried in the early game. (Note, Argwin is a runewarden but didn't pick it up until post-dragon, so I'm including runie early game bashing)

Having a high INT Shield with no armour hasn't felt squishy at all, and blood wrack is a really fast hunting skill. I was killing gnolls in Manara at level 15 with no sweat at all. Once I picked up a working epitaph chain hunting got even faster. At level 60 I tested myself against a Vertani guard in Tir Murann and killed it, only having to run and heal once.

I'm sure a lot of people can post better stats and anecdotes for early game hunting, but Pariah is the best I've personally played so far. 

Keep in mind that 19 Int and L3 collar does /almost/ double the damage of flat unartied 16 int Wrack.

For perspective, unartied Wrack (and Traces) do around 15% of the damage of 2H bashing attack (while being only a small fraction of a second faster). 

To be fair it's brand new and I am sure it will be adjusted.  Mak and others have already stated that a goal for 2021 is a full review of PvE across classes, in general.
  • 1. Sidhe are incredibly resistant to magic damage. Bashing sidhe as Pariah is not something to use as a baseline because your attacks are neutered due to their resists. Of course your big crits aren’t going to one shot them. I swap to something else or go dragon for sidhe.

2. Hey that’s a nice list of artefacts. What’s weird is you have more than me, but I can bash all of annwyn as Pariah (including sidhe sometimes if I’m feeling angsty and don’t want to swap), and I haven’t had a single damn problem. Even the rooms with two ladies and a Knight are fine. Accursed Reconstitute is pretty dope.

If you’re struggling to bash with that loadout as Pariah, the problem is not the class.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    u just opened up a fucking 55 gallon drum full of worms, i wish you great luck on your journey @Eryl and i pray that you get out of the conversation that's about to happen with your sanity in tact.
  • edited February 2021
    Eryl said:
    1. Sidhe are incredibly resistant to magic damage. Bashing sidhe as Pariah is not something to use as a baseline because your attacks are neutered due to their resists. Of course your big crits aren’t going to one shot them. I swap to something else or go dragon for sidhe.

2. Hey that’s a nice list of artefacts. What’s weird is you have more than me, but I can bash all of annwyn as Pariah (including sidhe sometimes if I’m feeling angsty and don’t want to swap), and I haven’t had a single damn problem. Even the rooms with two ladies and a Knight are fine. Accursed Reconstitute is pretty dope.

If you’re struggling to bash with that loadout as Pariah, the problem is not the class.
    Your point about magic resist is totally valid.  know they had some level of magic resist, but I admit I don't know how much it is.  Still though I don't think it's enough to justify the difference between 1 APC one-shotting a sidhe and 3 APCs not killing a Sidhe, but that's opinion.

As far as defensive stuff, yes, I use reconstitute and should have included it on the list.  I'll see if I can figure out if I'm doing something wrong, but at the same time, I'm an Annwyn veteran - i've been bashing this area for 15 years on pretty much every class in the game.  All I mean to say here is, it's not really plausible to say that I'm just doing it wrong.  Bashing isn't rocket science.

One point I didn't mention is that I don't use defensive battlerage abilities on Pariah.  Do you?  (afaik the only one is Wail / Clumsinses).  While this might help it'd cut down on DPS, which indirectly means taking more damage.