Dragon Analysis For The Future

Mods, let me know if this isn't allowed:

As I'm currently saving up gold for curatives and chainmail, I didn't want to spend it on a journal in game just yet, but I want to do some writing in-character as Fairweather explores Achaea as a kid with a sword and a dream. My plan is to do the writeups here, with journal entries clearly marked, and when I can afford a journal, transposing them. I'm currently writing up the first one, which will be posted (as will future updates) as a reply to this thread.

Sorry for the potential spam, if you read on and have thoughts I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

Gave up the classless bash-o-thon at 89(10%)

Comments

• #1 CLASSES

Directed to Certimene ~~~ of age to proceed with trials and choose a class and a city and house.
    Spoke with her at length about a few classes

NOTES
    Priest - Utilizes devotion to perform powerful rites that heal, harm, hinder, and bolster allies. Works with angel to demonstrate strength of faith. Swings mace, recites holy litanies.
    Paladin - Also uses devotion, but as a secondary focus to the skills of a knight, Weaponmastery and Chivalry. Fights with any number of weapons, 

Runewarden - Fights like a knight, similar to the Paladin, but has the power of Runelore, which involves scrawling mystical runes with ink to enhance their weapons and armor, and assault and impede their foes.

Occultist - Allying with the chaos lords and using deeply guarded knowledge to warp the fabric of reality, or something. I sort of got distracted here talking about chaos and the chaos lords.

I tried to figure out Runelore, but none of the runes I sketched seem to work out. I spoke with Certimene for a while again, and then again with Romeo in the ring of portals before deciding to just venture out with my sword. I'll learn more of the classes as I go, and maybe one will speak to me. I'll attempt to learn more of the cities and houses as well as I go. I am unsure what will work or where I belong, but I will update these journals with information as I gather it.

• edited February 2021
    I might recommend using a Google doc (docs.google.com), a file on your PC, the Notepad feature in Mudlet or Nexus, or just asking for help with the money for the journal in-game.  If you ping Shecks (and you're not an enemy) I'll give you the gold you need, and I think most other people would too.

While I don't think what you're doing here is technically against any rules, it's kinda weird.  Forums are a place for discussion, not really for personal notes.  It's not really well-suited for that either as you can't edit it afterwards (after 15 minutes).

• Arin would also be happy to give you a journal. ☺️ @Fairweather

• Shecks said:
    I might recommend using a Google doc (docs.google.com), a file on your PC, the Notepad feature in Mudlet or Nexus, or just asking for help with the money for the journal in-game.  If you ping Shecks (and you're not an enemy) I'll give you the gold you need, and I think most other people would too.

While I don't think what you're doing here is technically against any rules, it's kinda weird.  Forums are a place for discussion, not really for personal notes.  It's not really well-suited for that either as you can't edit it afterwards (after 15 minutes).

Oof, I didn't realize it would be uneditable - will have to do a google doc or something. It was mostly for IC writings, but I think I have the gold for a journal now anyway.