PvE Analysis

Comments

• I looked over the last year or so of this thread but could not find anything. Does anybody know if DPS has been done with dragon colors including battlerage? Not sure if there is a difference between the colors for hunting
  • Verdell said:
    I looked over the last year or so of this thread but could not find anything. Does anybody know if DPS has been done with dragon colors including battlerage? Not sure if there is a difference between the colors for hunting
    I think red (strong DoT attack) and silver (sensitivity aff) are the accepted strongest.
  • The battlerage dps should be exactly the same across the board. Red is considered a very very minor buff because it is a DoT, so you are a little less likely to overkill with a large critical hit. But it is such a minor bonus, pick whatever you want.

Outside that they all have ups and downs for honor bashing, where afflictions are actually relevant. Blue has hinder, red/green can stop heals, black has dragonfear for denizen manipulation (Looking at you Chellen).
  • Did a brief and rapid analysis with my Level 2 Bastard Sword at 15 strength, and Dragonform with 22 Strength. Looks like dragon got a pretty nice buff!

• Verdell said:
    Did a brief and rapid analysis with my Level 2 Bastard Sword at 15 strength, and Dragonform with 22 Strength. Looks like dragon got a pretty nice buff!

Incorrect info, I forgot to focus speed. DPS is closer to 20% for 2h. Whew!
  • Wish training dummies would report back the damage you did to them

• Veldrin if there is anything you want tested let me know.

It is a bit frustrating that only ACC can see exact damage - IMO numbers like that should be transparent to everyone.

If Mak will let me on the test server it would be good to get all the current numbers and throw them in a Google doc.

• In Aetolia we had a config that let us config damage on so it showed the amount/type of damage given in attacks.
    There has to be a way we could get that in Achaea.
  • Gurklukke said:
    In Aetolia we had a config that let us config damage on so it showed the amount/type of damage given in attacks.
    There has to be a way we could get that in Achaea.
    Aetolia and Achaea have very different philosophies when it comes to releasing detailed information on class abilities. Aetolia let's you see things pretty easily, Achaea hides that information.

It has been the source of tons of frustration, and massive amounts of player time being spent trying to figure mechanics out instead of playing the game.

The decision was made by Sarapis (owner of IRE) IIRC and not something the producers can change easily. 

• I don't mind figures being hidden so much WITH THE EXCEPTION of returns (as in what it gives) on artefact purchases. Like artefact Knight weapons are, objectively, a mess.

Example:

bastard18158 a Delosian bastard sword 5 3000gp
                                  Dmg: 197; To-hit: 174; Spd: 131
    A Dawnrender bastard sword: 350 Credits
    - Bastard sword - Two Handed Spec - 204/165/136
    A Soulreaver bastard sword: 800 Credits
    - Bastard sword - Two Handed Spec - 213/173/143
    A Dreadblade bastard sword: 1600 Credits
    - Bastard sword - Two Handed Spec - 222/180/149
  • edited October 2020
    Yeah, I am not used to artefact weapons or armour, we only had artefact shields there, what is the point of artefact weaponry...
    If you can just find someone with a hammer to forge something reasonably the same.

Im stepping into a new world here, I mean I bought a Shield of Absorption because that was on my jealous, I need this list.
    However,
    A: I don't really see many Psions in Cyrene for information on class so ive just been fiddling with it to try and find out stuff.
    B: Alot of the potential of artefacts from a buyers perspective is hidden, so I dont know how good its going to be for me, since I have no idea how much damage im doing in the first place. (Based on how long my bashing takes, im guessing Psion has stupid low PVE DPS)
    Example: The Weaving Damage increase, im not going to go balls out and get lvl3 for the increase on 250 damage.
    NOT SURE: If it effects battlerage or damage over time, not sure if the percentage is on base damage only, etc
  • Upgrading to level 3 scimitars costs 1600 credits but the return is nearly invisible, if there is one at all. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • My damage with my rapier, PVP, is affected by Weaponry as a bard.

Lord only knows if this issue also persisted to pve. :)
  • Adrik said:
    My damage with my rapier, PVP, is affected by Weaponry as a bard.

My understanding is that this particular issue has to do with taking bard as multiclass instead of starting with bard.
  • Eryl said:
    Adrik said:
    My damage with my rapier, PVP, is affected by Weaponry as a bard.

My understanding is that this particular issue has to do with taking bard as multiclass instead of starting with bard.
    I started as a Bard.
  • I think it is intended that weaponry affects bard, it isn't called out specifically as "weird" in the help file, so it will work like normal. Which means a damage and accuracy bonus for weaponry based attacks.

• When I messaged Mak he said weaponry doesn't (or shouldn't) affect Bard.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• Saonji said:
    When I messaged Mak he said weaponry doesn't (or shouldn't) affect Bard.
    Well it did. Went from 6% jab to 12% per with my break points going from 15 down to 12. Had another bard confirm too.
  • Bard PvE is really obnoxious because attacks regularly miss, unlike almost every other class. (I think monk's the only other one I've experienced this with.) I assumed it had to do with weaponry affecting it, since they use jab instead of a class ability like slaughter for 2h etc.
  • edited October 2020
    Something is/was definitely wonky with Bard damage (and potentially accuracy); I had weaponry transed by the time I picked up the class so I never noticed, but we did some investigating after my explanations about bard prep were out of line with what others were experiencing. Two people separately picked up Weaponry in that time and saw their jab damage and limb damage increase massively from it.

I don't think this is intentional. See post:
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4629                                     (09/11/2016 at 06:49)  
    From   : Makarios, the Meticulous
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: An oversight with bards
    Someone just brought it to our attention that bard's were still required to learn weaponry in
    addition to swashbuckling to get the max potential for many of their skills. This has been resolved,
    if you have the swashbuckling skill your bonuses are now calculated off of your investment in that
    skill exclusively.
    If you've transed out Swashbuckling, I don't think you should ever be missing in PvE. If you are, then it could be a consequence of whatever is happening here.

• edited October 2020
    Good to know, thank you! 

• Lilu said:
    Bard PvE is really obnoxious because attacks regularly miss, unlike almost every other class. (I think monk's the only other one I've experienced this with.) I assumed it had to do with weaponry affecting it, since they use jab instead of a class ability like slaughter for 2h etc.
    Bard shouldn't miss at Transcendent Swashbuckling unless you have clumsiness. If you're not at Transcendent then that's why you're missing, but that's also true of several other classes.
  • edited October 2020
    Antonius said:
    Lilu said:
    Bard PvE is really obnoxious because attacks regularly miss, unlike almost every other class. (I think monk's the only other one I've experienced this with.) I assumed it had to do with weaponry affecting it, since they use jab instead of a class ability like slaughter for 2h etc.
    Bard shouldn't miss at Transcendent Swashbuckling unless you have clumsiness. If you're not at Transcendent then that's why you're missing, but that's also true of several other classes.

Shouldn't is not the same as doesn't. It has been bugged for a while, I started randomly missing a lot when I was bard. As well as two or three other Bards in Ashtan who've asked me the same thing. I sent Makarios two or three logs of it, but he was insistent nothing was broken with Bard sooo.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    edited January 2021
    I know it's silly, but for RP reasons I am considering to hunt as druid with quarterstaff. Could anyone test please, or instruct me in how to do so myself?

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    edited January 2021
    Utianima said:
    I know it's silly, but for RP reasons I am considering to hunt as druid with quarterstaff. Could anyone test please, or instruct me in how to do so myself?
    Unartied it looks like it's not that big of a difference to maul actually. Staff is around 20% faster, and does maybe 2/3 of the damage. Quicker also means more attacks to potentially crit from. Take these numbers with a salt though, as I have only tested on Mhun Knigts without access to accurate damage numbers.

Would be curious about a comparison between max artied maul (knuckles and gauntlets), and max artied quarterstaff (artie staff and gauntlets).

@Mindshell, are you able to test?

• Anyone able to put up an updated chart? Lots of tweaks and changes since the OP and having to sift through all the posts is horrid
  • Even my last numbers are out of date, I haven't gone back and retested everything after the last batch of changes. And obviously I still can't test any class I don't have.
  • I just wish there was a way for non-ACC members to test this reliably without having to bug ACC members

• I do agree that PvE damage is a strange thing to gate behind ACC membership. It's like... the last thing most of them care about
  • Veldrin said:
    I just wish there was a way for non-ACC members to test this reliably without having to bug ACC members
    There always has been, it just takes longer and the data is only useful if everyone does it the same way.

Get a legendary mount, attack it until it is one hit from death. You can use those numbers to get how many % of that mob you are doing per second. Then you can compare that data to your other classes.

The ACC way hasn't existed for a ton of time, we tested it the old way until like a year or two ago.