Nerf Oppression Arc Spamminess

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/7ShkjkrJ

I've noticed over the past several weeks that we have been hitting large lag spikes in the midst of these arc chains where we are literally freezing up upon entry due to the combination of massive Arc spam, crucible, and miasma all proccing simultaneously. This isn't a "gripe about OP ability" post so much as it is a ... this is coded to be literally too spammy to continue on in it's current state. It's breaking the game. Can't blame Mhaldor for using something so clearly meant to be powerful, but could you put all of the targets struck into one line or something. This is twice as spammy as Tooros, and it's putting too much strain on the servers. 

Comments

• Is this line:
    A Delosian bastard sword trembles in the hand of Lynair as it strikes Miriew, a sanguine mist engulfing its wielder.
    from the Agony invest?
    Imbue necromantic energy into your weapon, empowering it to feed upon the blood of your target. When it strikes a heathen bleeding 100 or more you will be healed in body, and if it strikes a heathen bleeding 200 or more you will additionally be cured of an affliction.
    If it is, I have questions...

• It is. I think it's a bug, but Mhaldor begs to differ.

The way it's factoring it, as of righ tnow, is

>Damage from arc + bleeding
    >Check to see if the target has 100+ or 200+ bleeding.

Which.. will always guarantee the 5% life heal on arc, since arc gives 150ish bleed.
  • edited January 2021
    Yeah, that is one of my questions :+1:
  • You can read the classlead notes on Agony re: Arc, to see whether it's a bug or not. 
  • edited January 2021
    Thanks Reyson. 

Classlead 33:   we will make every agony after the first one in a short window have a x% chance to fire rather than 100%.

I look forward to seeing what value of x makes this balanced.

Question #2:

Lynairs aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Lynair swings his weapon in a wide arc.
    A Delosian bastard sword trembles in the hand of Lynair as it strikes Miriew, a sanguine mist
    engulfing its wielder.
    Horror overcomes Miriews face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    A Delosian bastard sword trembles in the hand of Lynair as it strikes Reyson, a sanguine mist
    engulfing its wielder.
    A Delosian bastard sword trembles in the hand of Lynair as it strikes Iolana, a sanguine mist
    engulfing its wielder.
    A Delosian bastard sword trembles in the hand of Lynair as it strikes Miayakai, a sanguine mist
    engulfing its wielder.
    The sanguine mist surrounding Lynair billows and writhes exultantly.
    A Delosian bastard sword trembles in the hand of Lynair as it strikes Nyneve, a sanguine mist
    engulfing its wielder.
    You cry out in pain as you are clipped by the blade.
    A Delosian bastard sword trembles in the hand of Lynair as it strikes you, a sanguine mist writhing
    about its wielder.
    The sanguine mist surrounding Lynair billows and writhes exultantly.
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    A Delosian bastard sword trembles in the hand of Lynair as it strikes Irissa, a sanguine mist

My (very hazy) understanding of oppression is that invests replace a venom for the next strike.   The snippet above suggests that people are simultaneously hit by agony and curare or agony and prefarar.   Will the likelihood of this happening also be reduced to x%?

Edit:  Changed code to quote in order to get rid of syntax highlighting from apostrophe.
  • All other invests replace a venom. Agony can be paired with a venom on Weaponmastery attacks (but never with another invest).
  • edited January 2021

This is a unique investment in that it does not fade from the weapon when you strike with it, and it does not take the place of a venom. It does still prevent the use of other investments.

Because it is essentially Infernal's version of a passive cure, it would be pretty awful if it took the place of a venom. But it is coded as an investment, which is coded as a venom, which applies after your attacks damage. Its how all venoms work, and why you don't get damage boost from sensitivity envenom, because its applied after the attacks damage.

I really like the idea of it not proccing on Mhaldorian's, but I don't like the idea of DwC and SnB getting further pushed out of Apotheosis or duel relevance without their cure.

---

I'd love to cut down on the spam, its about 3-4x louder in 1st person, but I doubt the coding/performance issues in trying to count who all it hits and compress would be worth it or have any effect on the brief moments of lag.

I have a lot of experience with AoE, its not the number of lines that causes that but the server calculating vengeance and crucible procs mid AoE skills.  Not sure what the fix is, but your commands continue to go through and queue lets you act on balance regardless. 
  • edited January 2021
    Neat, thanks for clarifying.  I can see how that might limit its use in 1v1 type situations.   

Does the invest fade at all with time?    In a group context, does the infernal have to anticipate that people are coming and invest (eating the 3s balance loss), or will agony remain for any duration until they reinvest?
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    So now that infernal has a cure when is paladin getting passive impatience ticks?
  • Infernal has a passive cure? These balancing changes do not make any sense, Infernal was way strong already 

Paladin buffs time
  • Lyrin said:
    Neat, thanks for clarifying.  I can see how that might limit its use in 1v1 type situations.   

Does the invest fade at all with time?    In a group context, does the infernal have to anticipate that people are coming and invest (eating the 3s balance loss), or will agony remain for any duration until they reinvest?
    Works like a venom. You can invest and walk around with it, or use in-line in most...ish cases. It's a little wonky with some Weaponmastery things.
  • edited January 2021
    Infernal doesn't need passive curing. It's a prep class with room hinder and Fitness. 

I don't think any Knights do.