Unintended Consequences of Renown

13»

Comments

• Atalkez said:
    It promotes group activities, not just you looping Sirroco by yourself while watching YouTube for three hours. That’s a positive.

Its quicker to cap Renown than it is to hunt up the same amount of gold for credits. That’s also a positive.

If you don’t care about gold and only ever cared about credits, this lets you ignore the need to hunt mostly and kill two birds with one stone. You get credits and some gold from the foray. This is also a positive.

Because you aren’t spending so much time bashing alone, you get to spend more time in the city doing city related things. Again, a positive.

That said, if someone isn’t taking advantage of this and only spamming the city with forays then afk until the next one, that is definitely a problem. That’s on that person, though, not the system. We have had some people make alts and spam us with foray requests, but those people quickly get weeded out or removed from the city entirely.

Promoting group inclusion is the biggest draw to me. I don’t like bashing much, and it’s never worth it to do with other people because of the items and speed that I have. Forays aren’t that way and allow me to make use of my level and everything while also helping out a smaller player. That’s a win for me.
    This, 100%. I think that we could use more activities like this, where we can get gold, experience, and renown doing things as a city instead of as a group of individuals. Reward players for being able to accumulate 5-6 dragons towards completing something without pvp involved. 

Group PvE has been shown to have great results lately, and I feel like this should be capitalised on by the administrative end. 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • The lower level you are the more renown you earn from questing too. A level 10 player can earn a significant amount of renown doing Minia quests. If the novice is interacting with areas around their level or above, then there will always be sources of renown. 
  • I also don't see renown as a reason why interactions have been less. Feels like player base is growing older and people have more stuff to take care of.. a lot of us have been in for years and are just getting older. Don't know how attractive muds are to kids these days. I do like bashing too and I love the fact I can actually get some artie's now and then with renown. Group participation for forays and raids is also cool. I'm just off the time zone for most stuff. Would love to see more happening in terms of war and city interaction not just coming from divine but from players. No idea why people like to play it safe and not lose anything, where's the fun in that?