Data. I need more Data!

edited December 2020 in The Matsuhama Arena
Hi guys.  I'd like to compile and share a complete database of all combat-rated information in the game (I would use this, for example, to make an AB [class|skill] <ability> mudlet Alias which I would distribute freely.)

This would include primarily:
  • AB info (syntax and explanation) for every ability in the game
  • 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person lines for every ability and every scenario (hit, missed, etc).
  • Balance requirements, Mana costs, Status effects, afflictions, mechanics of each ability (down to the finest details, ex stupidity emotes and percent proc chance)
  • (maybe) regex for each line, for ease of use.
I might maintain it on a website, shared document, or in a mudlet package as a data set (or a combination of the above).

It would primarily be an open (public) reference people could use for making or improving curing systems, highlight triggers, etc.  It could also be a good learning tool for newer players.

So my question is: does something like this already exist, or if anyone has a private collection (even if partial), would they be willing to share?

I can get the 3rd person lines from SVO or other curing systems so primarily looking for AB files and 1st person lines.  You can DM me here or in game if you would be willing to share what you have, even if it's just lines from your current class.

Comments

• @Shecks something like this is avaiilable through GMCP for AB abilities - @Antonius was kind enough to make a script for it:

• edited January 2021
    Yeah but you cant see what <AB Skirmishing THRUST> says with that can you? (on my phone so..)

I was trying to get a lot of this info too actually.  Literally AB <skill> <ability> for as msny clssses as possible. @Shecks let me know?  I can give you Sentinel, Depthswalker, Runie (DWC), Psion, Dragon, and Monk.

Oh and Bard. I think I have current Priest (edit: yep Zeal), Occultist, and Serpent.

• *** You have not yet learned this ability ***

Syntax:
    THRUST <target> [limb] [venom]

Works on/against:
    Adventurers and denizens

Cooldown:
    Balance cost varies based on weapon speed
    Details:
    This is a basic thrust with a spear or trident.
  • edited January 2021
    ah cool.  Ill have to abuse the bejeezus out of that. Thanks for checking

• edited January 2021
    Afaik AB across classes only works when you have learned that class (multiclass) but I'm not on now to reconfirm that.

What you CAN use is the Wiki which has everything for all skill sets.

However what's missing is actually really important are:
    - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person lines for each ability
    -actual mechanics of each ability (they're very often quite vague) 
  • Shecks said:
    Afaik AB across classes only works when you have learned that class (multiclass) but I'm not on now to reconfirm that.
    Nope.

• Cooper said:
    Shecks said:
    Nope.
    @Shecks is correct.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Both the above statements are correct. If you're not using Antonius' ABCheat script, then yes, you can only AB your own classes. If you are using Antonius' ABCheat, then you can AB any skill/ability in the game.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Yeah but within the context of the conversation, Cooper's statement was correct. Shecks' comment came directly after he was linked Antonius' ABCheat script. Not that it matters, but eh, context
  • edited January 2021
    @Cooper , @Jovolo You guys' forum romance has officially exceeded the length of the average marriage in the United States (11 years).  Truly moving.
  • wtf are you talking about me and cooper literally hate each other
  • Shecks said:
    @Cooper , @Jovolo You guys' forum romance has officially exceeded the length of the average marriage in the United States (11 years).  Truly moving.
    Dude can you calm down?

They are literally trying to help you and you are telling them they are wrong when they are very right and then being a dick to them.  Not a single part of anything in this thread was some sort of hidden slight against you.  They didn't do anything but fucking answer your question in a nice and productive way.

Don't come here and ask for help then complain and bitch when people are helping you.  That's not gonna get you help later down the road, man.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    lol    
  • Oh it's a 3-way now.  Times are a-changin'.