Sword or hammer?

Would like to play infernal and wondering which weapon two handed usually prefers and for what? Without runes do they still go for disembowel or do they go for vivisection? Are the venoms on swords worth more than more fractures and limb busting power? The artefact swords seem to be bigger upgrades than the hammers, too, or do the numbers not tell the whole story? 

Also, is brain actually good now or is it still paltry damage? I want hammer to be good but I've always heard sword is way better, at least for runewardens.

Comments

• edited July 2019
    You want to use both. You can still get double disembowels/damage kills with Infernal, and that is the better route than Vivisection typically (as I understand it). Hammers are your way to get fast limb breaks to do things like prone and get overhand for skull fractures (and thus more health pressure, and thus more fractures). Leg breaks with hammer are also a good way to slow down a momentum class. The venom on the sword does count for something, because you can get looping afflictions from your fractures. 

In general, sword artefacts are more important, so you get more damage and health pressure. Hammer is nice to have, though. You have gravehands and deathaura, which is decent room hinder and a little bit of damage boost, and taint/arc as a finisher.

Brain is useless. @Taryius and @Proficy might weigh in more, they actually fight/fought as 2h Infernal.
  • Are axes the only weapons not worth having then? I'm leaning more and more towards cutting for lunge, I like to bash treacherous planes a lot so I'm thinking lunge would help my ganking. It's also sad brain isn't better with the great deathsight. Thank you for the information. 
  • Sword is better for 2h, to much to explain here, jus trust me on that..
    And scimitars for dwc, battle axes  are good to mave only if your trying to rapidly kill someone in a group, much much slower hits but they pack a punch
  • Battleaxes are situationally useful. If you don't already have most artefacts I wouldn't prioritise them though. Just get a pair of forged ones. They're obviously not quite as good as artefacts but it's still a big damage spike.

I use scimitars most of the time, then switch to battleaxes when they're lowish on health to get that big final hit.
  • Antonius said:
    Battleaxes are situationally useful. If you don't already have most artefacts I wouldn't prioritise them though. Just get a pair of forged ones. They're obviously not quite as good as artefacts but it's still a big damage spike.

I use scimitars most of the time, then switch to battleaxes when they're lowish on health to get that big final hit.
    i love my scimitars. makes dragon bashing look slow

This discussion has been closed.