New Transmutation Helper

A "new" transmutation Mini Skill =  new script. Here is my take at it, trying to bring some -more- QoL to the system without breaking it.
The script adds the following commands by remembering what minerals you can extract in each area when you do MINERALS.

extract  will send EXTRACT <mineral> based on your knowledge of mineral in the area you are extracting.
extract find <mineral>  will list the areas you know can be extracted for a specific mineral.
 autoex[tract][on|off]  will enable auto extract on gmcp Room Info event so you can just walk around. autoex[tract] will toggle.

You will be notified when 1 hour has passed since you extracted the first room in an area.

Saying it again, more clearly, you HAVE to run MINERALS at least once in each area or it won't do anything.

I'm not that great at Achaean so please, if you feel the wording for messages is bad or can be made more immersive, drop me a message.
And if you find something is not working of course.

Here goes.
https://gilmoa.github.io/AchaeaScripts/mudlet/transmutation.mpackage

Comments

• This is the most useful script I've come across, yet! Thank you for sharing with fellow extractors.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• You're like the sweet, innocent competitor on a singing contest and I'm Katy Perry because I could just kiss you on the mouth against your will! Erhm what I mean to say is thank you very much, this script is very helpful!  
  • I need an adult after reading that comment.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    I need an adult after reading that comment.
    Crap, I was kind of counting on you being the adult here. Guess I'll be eating frosting for dinner, yay!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't know if I'm the only person getting this error, but how do I fix this please?

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited April 2018
    Hm I just installed it and I'm not getting that at all. This line should prevent that: 

transmutation = transmutation or {}

• That won't help. The transmutation variable exists, it just points to a function (note "(a function value)" in the error, rather than the usual "(a nil value)" if it doesn't exist). That line is also already part of the package, it's just in a different script object.

@Kyrra You have something else in your profile which creates a function called transmutation - you'll need to find that and delete it, then restart Mudlet.
  • edited April 2018
    I meant that that line already in your script should have prevented this specific error as it initializes it as a table and not a function, not that it needs to be run.

• So, I've been playing around with this script, trying to add in gathering clay, lumic, and dust. I can get them to work, but now it won't extract minerals. What have I done wrong here?

transmutation.autoextract = function(event, args)<br>	if not transmutation.auto then return end<br>	if gmcp.Room.Info.environment:lower() == "river" then <br>		send("QUEUE ADD EQBAL GATHER CLAY", false)<br>	elseif gmcp.Room.Info.environment:lower() == "natural underground" then<br>		send("queue add eqbal gather lumic", false)<br>		send("queue add eqbal gather dust", false)<br>		return<br>end

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    So, I've been playing around with this script, trying to add in gathering clay, lumic, and dust. I can get them to work, but now it won't extract minerals. What have I done wrong here?

transmutation.autoextract = function(event, args)<br>	if not transmutation.auto then return end<br>	if gmcp.Room.Info.environment:lower() == "river" then <br>		send("QUEUE ADD EQBAL GATHER CLAY", false)<br>	elseif gmcp.Room.Info.environment:lower() == "natural underground" then<br>		send("queue add eqbal gather lumic", false)<br>		send("queue add eqbal gather dust", false)<br>		return<br>end

"return" stops your entire script, so it runs your gathering, but then kills the script immediately after and doesn't continue with the rest of it.

Does this work for Natural Underground? I would assume the server side queue sends all those commands at the same time and you would only gather the lumic moss?
  • How the queue works is if you send a command and you are off balance or eq, it will add it to the queue to run next time you get them back. So it will send both at once, you will be off balance for the second one and requeue it.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Accipiter said:
    How the queue works is if you send a command and you are off balance or eq, it will add it to the queue to run next time you get them back. So it will send both at once, you will be off balance for the second one and requeue it.
    Only if you have queuing enabled, otherwise subsequent commands will be failed. You can get round this by sending 'queue add eqbal gather dust'

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Accipiter said:
    How the queue works is if you send a command and you are off balance or eq, it will add it to the queue to run next time you get them back. So it will send both at once, you will be off balance for the second one and requeue it.
    Only if you have queuing enabled, otherwise subsequent commands will be failed. You can get round this by sending 'queue add eqbal gather dust'
    I didn't know you could queue if the auto queuing system was turned off, good to know.
  • Awesome script man!
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
  • Rekhyr said:
    A "new" transmutation Mini Skill =  new script. Here is my take at it, trying to bring some -more- QoL to the system without breaking it.
    The script adds the following commands by remembering what minerals you can extract in each area when you do MINERALS.

extract  will send EXTRACT <mineral> based on your knowledge of mineral in the area you are extracting.
    extract find <mineral>  will list the areas you know can be extracted for a specific mineral.
     autoex[tract][on|off]  will enable auto extract on gmcp Room Info event so you can just walk around. autoex[tract] will toggle.

You will be notified when 1 hour has passed since you extracted the first room in an area.

Saying it again, more clearly, you HAVE to run MINERALS at least once in each area or it won't do anything.

I'm not that great at Achaean so please, if you feel the wording for messages is bad or can be made more immersive, drop me a message.

Here goes.
    I am gonna give this a shot

• Rekhyr said:

Here goes.
    Added the package, restarted achaea, extracted an area manualy, then tried the command autoex and it says                                          ""Will try to extract automaticaly."", but nothing happens.

• Elgabri said:
    Rekhyr said:

Here goes.
    Added the package, restarted achaea, extracted an area manualy, then tried the command autoex and it says                                          ""Will try to extract automaticaly."", but nothing happens.
    Did you use the MINERALS command first? Even if you manual extracted it, you still have to use MINERALS so it picks up the area/mineral.
  • This is great.  Thank you!
  • Vhaynna said:
    Elgabri said:
    Rekhyr said:

Here goes.
    Did you use the MINERALS command first? Even if you manual extracted it, you still have to use MINERALS so it picks up the area/mineral.
    that was the trick, thanks

• Downloaded this. Very handy, thank you very much.