Achaean Raves

Comments

• Thanks @Syndra for all you’ve done to get me off the ground. Lots more adventures to come! I guess @steigr and @tisette are pretty neat too...  ;)
  • I remember when I came back from a 10 year hiatus and there was now the Mudlet Mapper. Instead of having to mentally remember rooms, or have the Achaea room map up in a browser window, it was right there and I could GOTO anywhere. I was in heaven. Though I still can see the layout from Mhaldor to NoT in my head when I walk.
  • Azyrac said:
    A big thank (raves) for Mhaldor and Mhaldorians. It's been super nice last two days. People are helpful and warmly welcoming! 
    We got you, fam.
  • Slave @Azyrac, if you continue to slander the evil, emotionless Mhaldor that people have come to know, you will find yourself standing in the Red Square. You have been warned!

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Akri said:
    Insid'ari Akri Nithilar
    Her crew was first to challenge the mistress of salt and spray, their victory forcing retreat upon the Sorceress of the Sea.

Big raves to my crew for having been eager and patient despite how often this broke. Also I'm sorry to everyone who went along or wanted to come along only to run into one of the dead ends. Lastly, thanks a bunch to the admins for an amazing honours line and always helping out with this. It took a whiiiile, but things have been pretty crazy for everyone so I get it! Looking forward to getting the trophy and (endlessly) boasting about with the glass bottle talisman.
    Is the wheel still one use? That seemed like a bug, considering it resets/seems to have a c/d. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Astarod said:
    Akri said:
    Insid'ari Akri Nithilar
    Her crew was first to challenge the mistress of salt and spray, their victory forcing retreat upon the Sorceress of the Sea.

Big raves to my crew for having been eager and patient despite how often this broke. Also I'm sorry to everyone who went along or wanted to come along only to run into one of the dead ends. Lastly, thanks a bunch to the admins for an amazing honours line and always helping out with this. It took a whiiiile, but things have been pretty crazy for everyone so I get it! Looking forward to getting the trophy and (endlessly) boasting about with the glass bottle talisman.
    Is the wheel still one use? That seemed like a bug, considering it resets/seems to have a c/d. 
    I'm pretty sure it's intended to be single use, yep. It even has a warning in TALISMAN INFO MARGAMWHEEL, if I recall correctly.
  • Too many people to try tagging them all and I don't want to leave half of them out, so if you think this might mean you it almost certainly does. I made Lilu well aware of jesters' reputation and I hope I've done a good job of avoiding the obnoxious clichés that people understandably disdain. The reception and help I've gotten has been lovely, whether that be Hashani that take me on forays every day, rogues I interact with randomly, Cyrenians that helped me with that recent prank, Ashtani who give me nudges in the right direction for research. Seriously, thank you all. 
  • I left Eleusis IG a few years ago, spent some time rogue, and joined Hashan on the advice of somebody very near and dear to me.  I love Eleusis, Sarfir still has relatives and friends from there, but everything I'm experiencing in Hashan just blows it away.  There are so many people doing so many different things in so many mediums.  My only complaint is I work second shift, and I'm not around for much of it except on the weekends.  Everyone I've met in Hashan has been super friendly, from people understanding the difficulty it took to join a new city after Sarfir left his home especially with the cold shoulder he's gotten from people he used to consider friends, to people helping him more with combat, to participating in raids/counter raids, seamonster hunting, different city events.  My experience has totally changed.

On the note of raids and counter raids, the few people I've talked to from Mhaldor and Targossas have been great sports in helping me learn more, as well.
  • What's Hashan?

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    The haunted orchard tour in Cyrene was a lot of fun to behold. Thank you to those who help orchestrate that.

• I am so glad the performances went over well and thanks so much to @Stheno and everyone else who attended. I was both very excited and extremely nervous to do a public performance this year so I am both thrilled and relieved that people enjoyed it! I am looking forward to more Virtuosi-hosted events outside of Cyrene in the future!

• Politics has no business in the Achaea forums and the subject of issues should be handled through the admin team, not through public litigation here.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    I was finally getting around to some organizational minutiae in the game, sorting out the ten thousand journals I have been carrying around forever, and I came across a manuscript of a proposal that I wrote to nail down some changes in the Occultists during the early years of Amu's second term as the Demiurge.

In 551. 

RIP Occultists. I'm not crying, you're crying.  :'(
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • So Today:

@Lyndee was all like, "Lets do arts and crafts, but with words."

Basically this ^^^^

So, given only ten minutes with our teams, as a city we all had a lot of fun with drums, poetry, illusions, and other fun things we could all do together with teams we didn't get to pick (which was part of the fun). Everyone was such a good sport about it, and it was genuinely one of the more fun events we've had in awhile. 

Thanks Lyn, that was awesome! Thanks guys, for all being funny, witty, and interesting. Novices and Vets alike seemed to have a blast, and it was just a great way to celebrate being a city!
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."