You Might Be An Achaean If...

Given how much I've played Achaea as well as talked to Achaeans OOC, I thought that a thread like this might be amusing. Some of these will apply to you, others won't. What I do hope is that others post their own answers to "You Might Be An Achaean If..."

Have fun!!
++++++++++++++++

You Might Be An Achaean If...

-Someone's nerdom makes you swoon, particularly when they reference Greek.
-You have actually said, "Berkana Surround", "In Strength", or "Light and Fire lead" when saying goodbye to someone.
-Your reaction to someone annoying you is to think, "I can cook them."
-You can't recite John 3:16 from the Bible, but you can quote all Seven Truths.
-You can't find your way to the nearest grocery store without a GPS, but you can get to Suliel from Orilla without a map.
-You can't throw a punch IRL, but you can describe and perform every step of a true lock in Achaea.
-You actually face the decision, "Buy credits or buy a decent burger?" wherein the burger loses every time.

Comments

• You look at sick people and think "Might want to adjust your curing priorities".
    You look at Trump and dismiss him as "Aegean wannabe".
    You look at COVID and think "It could be worse.  Could be another Black Wave".
    You look at -OWWW!  Ok, I'm being raided by Mhaldorians, I need to shut up now.
  • You type "say" before messages on other chat platforms.

You unconciously have said aloud an emote action while performing it.

You have been looking for a friend in a location and the thought keeps popping up in your head of how much easier this would be if you could just prism to them...

•  Asmodron said:
    You type "say" before messages on other chat platforms.

You unconciously have said aloud an emote action while performing it.

You have been looking for a friend in a location and the thought keeps popping up in your head of how much easier this would be if you could just prism to them...

That I have done the say one numerous times...yeah. :smile:
  • You might be an Achaean if you have actually had dreams in text form...
  • You might be an Achaean if you habitually type 'qw' into other platforms.
    You might be an Achaean if you wish you knew people who played it IRL, so you wouldn't have to explain 'Mhaldorian,' 'phased,' or 'riftables' to them.
    You might be an Achaean if you have never been outside the USA, but 'realized' looks and feels like it's spelled wrong.
    You might be an Achaean if your sister takes you to her LDS church and you think, huh, so this is what Targossas is supposed to be like only less neckties?
    You might be an Achaean if you wonder if/when neckties will be allowed designs.
    You might be an Achaean if you think of time in game-scale.
    You might be an Achaean if you see QQ and think 'leaving' not 'crying.'
    You might be an Achaean if you don't log off, you leave realms.
    You might be an Achaean if your nephew in his 20s complains that your screen moves faster than he can read, so you think that means he doesn't read enough.
    You might be an Achaean if you wonder how many fish now live on Fish Street.
    You might be an Achaean if the title of Elder Scrolls 4 (Oblivion) makes you think of Lord Babel.
    You might be an Achaean if you wonder whether @Amunet got her surname (Viatrix) before or after she ever heard of Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.
    You might be an Achaean if you have ever tried (and failed miserably) at trying to recreate Mhaldor's Isle using the Morrowind construction set.
    You might be an Achaean if you think Snap Reflex might make a good band name.
    You might be an Achaean if you're pretty sure this thread's been done before - but you don't care; that thread is dead; long live the new thread.
    You might be an Achaean if you see an ad for goldenseal and/or echinacea and think of afflictions they cure instead of what they're sold as herbal remedies for.
    You might be an Achaean if you think it's perfectly acceptable to eat arsenic or plumbum.
    if this.makes.sense then you.possible.Achaean else end
    You might be an Achaean if you scry for @Halos, find he is in Blood Gulch, and think, oh, he's raiding Mhaldor. You don't think about that Red Vs. Blue series til almost an Achaean month later.
    You might be an Achaean if Sarapin makes you think of Mhaldorian deathsights, Scarlattan makes you think of @Perl (and therefore opposums), and QW makes you want to shout something inane like, "Are you having one of those days where everyone wants to be just like you? I @Phelia!"

I could keep going.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    You alt tab anytime someone walks by because you know they're going to ask what you're doing and you'd rather not try to explain the nerdness that is Achaea or MUDs.

• When someone says, "Oh, Winter is here," your first thought is like, did I send my foragers out yet?
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • your home now looks like a warehouse of things you don't remember buying or really wanting
    making puns is greeted by cold stares instead of the intended quick, painless death
    frogs become strangely attractive when wearing robes
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Elyon said:

frogs become strangely attractive when wearing robes
    JonTron I have several questions - GIF on Imgur

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    Elyon said:
    your home now looks like a warehouse of things you don't remember buying or really wanting

"buying"
  • -When you dream of informing someone that you have no bounties (because you already checked)
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    When you blame @Vastar for the bad weather.
    When the words echinacea and ginseng in herbal medicine commercials make you want to check your rift.
  • SoOceana said:
    When you blame @Vastar for the bad weather.
    When the words echinacea and ginseng in herbal medicine commercials make you want to check your rift.
    So, should I be thanking @Vastar considering how much I love storms IRL?
  • when typing or texting i often put 'say' before it

• Kresslack said:
    You alt tab anytime someone walks by because you know they're going to ask what you're doing and you'd rather not try to explain the nerdness that is Achaea or MUDs.

I tried once, didnt work well