Gratitude

This may be slightly corny (which is just me in a nutshell, bear with me) but I wanted to take the time out of character, out of game to address the community.

I want to thank each and every member I have met, and those I have yet to meet, for creating a space that is as friendly, open, welcoming, and helpful as it is.  In today's online climate you rarely see such a community.  Very rarely.

I've had more fun in the past several days playing Achaea than I have had with any game in almost a decade.

Be proud of yourselves, keep standing for the tenets that have lead the community here.  This game may be niche, but it shines brighter than the sun.

Thank you.

Comments

• I'm glad your experience has been so positive, Eltera.  I've been playing for a long time, and Achaea is totally different than it was 10-15 years ago.  There's definitely toxic people, but you'll learn who they are eventually, so you can avoid them.  Also, don't let the constraints of your organization (Cyrene) stop you from expanding your horizons and meeting new people.  Sometimes, the most fun you can have is interacting with somebody from a place you know nothing about.  
  • its a good game, don't take things seriously OOC, do your character justice and play to have fun and you'll be all good
  • The not taking things seriously OOC is important. Some of the worst experiences I've had, were when I let people reach into my life even in a mildly OOC manner. Enjoy the game, enjoy developing wonderful, nuanced RP and I hope to see you here with us for a long time!  😁