Quick Questions

Comments

• Mathonwy said:
    @Makarios is one of the friendliest and most approachable people out there.

Guy's got a wicked sense of humor, too.
    Now Nicola or that Ictinus guy?

Once had Ictinus murder me in cold blood in O2. Can't trust him for anything. :'(
  • Adrik said:
    Mathonwy said:

Once had Ictinus murder me in cold blood in O2. Can't trust him for anything. :'(
    Golden rule in Among Us: if Ictinus isn't the first one dead, he's probably the imposter
  • Rhivona said:
    Adrik said:
    Mathonwy said:

Golden rule in Among Us: if Ictinus isn't the first one dead, he's probably the imposter
    I made sure he died in Weapons, right beside Nicola for his crimes..!

(PS: Everyone should come play Among Us. I imagine we could probably set up a stream or something for the people who don't want to play, etc. It'd only be from 1 player's perspective, but it's super-duper fun.)
  • Mathonwy said:

You can't troll him with blind jokes because he just joins in.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• @Makarios can never see my point of view on anything.

• The Vault artie expands reagent and ink capacity, right?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited October 2020
    Sobriquet said:
    The Vault artie expands reagent and ink capacity, right?
    Yes, well reagents for sure since I have never pushed the limits on inks.

As far as I know it is everything except fluids which have their own expansion artie
  • Yep, applies to everything that was riftable before the fluid-rift became a thing I am pretty sure, though it would be hard to test out the limits on life stones and blueberries.
  • Message sent by Makarios : Lol.

You're fine.
  • @Nicola has a great sense of humor too, but her appreciation for the finer points of clever wordplay is pun-believably inconsistent.

@Ictinus just nukes me from orbit any time I try.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • You eat a calcite mote.
    You eat the mineral and immediately your skin begins exuding tiny bubbles that form an air pocket around you.

An audacious guardsman punches you between the eyes, the razor-sharp edges of his gauntlets slicing your face.
    Your shield completely absorbs the damage.

You are too stunned to be able to do anything.

You are no longer stunned.

You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies.
    You are no longer dizzy.

You choke as you inhale water.

I'm almost certain the answer will be obvious, but it isn't to me right now.  Why am I choking on water immediately after gaining underwater breathing?  Is it because I got hit by something?

• Van said:
    You eat a calcite mote.
    You eat the mineral and immediately your skin begins exuding tiny bubbles that form an air pocket around you.

An audacious guardsman punches you between the eyes, the razor-sharp edges of his gauntlets slicing your face.
    Your shield completely absorbs the damage.

You are too stunned to be able to do anything.

You are no longer stunned.

You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies.
    You are no longer dizzy.

You choke as you inhale water.

I'm almost certain the answer will be obvious, but it isn't to me right now.  Why am I choking on water immediately after gaining underwater breathing?  Is it because I got hit by something?
    Some attacks strip waterbreathing, but it's hidden.
  • Those sneaky bastards.

Thanks @Kog

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Now that I have internet again (until this next storm hits probably), been getting back into bashing, but as a Runie with runic armour, runes, and 14 Con...I still feel incredibly squishy. Thinking of saving up for the SoA armour thing, and I already have a hunter's belt and Mayan Bracelets. Should I just try upgrading those first instead?

• SoA will change your quality of life. SoA first.
  • edited October 2020
    @kresslack Dont forget to use your Uruz rune on those tougher rooms! Boar tattoo makes a massive difference as well, always keep one inked as soon as it fades. I have 15 strength and 16 con when I have Jera on though, and no con or strength arties.  If you don't own a Crit Pendant that should be your next artifact if you plan to do any serious hunting, the difference it makes cannot be overstated.

EDIT:If they get one shot with a world-shattering or Annihilating critical who cares how much of a hit you can take... they dead.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @kresslack Dont forget to use your Uruz rune on those tougher rooms! Boar tattoo makes a massive difference as well, always keep one inked as soon as it fades. I have 15 strength and 16 con when I have Jera on though, and no con or strength arties.  If you don't own a Crit Pendant that should be your next artifact if you plan to do any serious hunting, the difference it makes cannot be overstated.

EDIT:If they get one shot with a world-shattering or Annihilating critical who cares how much of a hit you can take... they dead.
    I have a lvl 1 crit pendant currently. Upgrading that to lvl 3 would be just a bit cheaper than getting artefact armour with SoA effect. Not sure which one would be worth it more. I really need to be able to clear areas more quickly. I'm not sure why I'm having so much issue with it currently.

• You dont need arti armor, to be clear. If you only want the one paragon, the first embrasure can be made by a legendary Smith, I think at a comms cost.
  • @Davok that is correct. The epitome of the worst investment ever, only getting a return of what it cost the smith to make it.

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• What do you choose for SoA if you're a 2H spec'd RW and a Dragon?
    Option 1: Paragon and you have to get embrasures on a cloth armour and your full plate armour.
    Option 2: SoA for when I'm dragon since Dragon is already what I'm going to go if I need to be really tanky. Then maybe get paragon for RW later when I'm super rich?
  • If you are going to pick up other (shield using) classes eventually then grab the SoA, if you aren't then the embrasure is only an extra 20 credits to get the first embrasure on 2 set of armour and a couple of steel any time you want to change.

• drop shield
    You drop a Shield of Absorption.
    5500h, 4730m, 22340e, 16400w cexd-

ih
    totem291376 a runic totem
    snowdrift428379 a snowdrift
    sigil485081 an eye sigil
    pike465245 a gilded pike
    shield384277 a Shield of Absorption
    Number of objects: 5

5500h, 4730m, 22340e, 16400w cexd-

artefact recall 384277
    You cannot recall a Shield of Absorption.
    5500h, 4730m, 22360e, 16400w cexd-

south

The approach to Ashtan. (road)
    The stars glimmer down, broken only upon occasion by thin wisps of clouds. Standing silent sentinel, a polished obsidian monolith looms here. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground.
    You see exits leading north and southwest.
    5500h, 4730m, 22368e, 16400w cexd-

artefact recall 384277
    You cannot recall a Shield of Absorption.

For what reasons can you not recall an artefact? Thanks!

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    when it's on the ground
  • What was the reward for the birthday month Certimene quest?
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    lol     
  • Are there any other wishing wells in the Yggdrasil tree besides the Fire Plane?  And if not, could I get a hint as to what you'd do with a wishing well to actually make a wish, outside of putting gold in it?  I'm pulling my hair out.

• You should ask yourself where a well is typically found, and what purpose it serves.
  • Vinzent said:
    You should ask yourself where a well is typically found, and what purpose it serves.
    I found the well with some help, and was able to figure out the syntax I needed.  These elemental quests are brutal.  

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Irissa said:
    What was the reward for the birthday month Certimene quest?
    I've asked admin a couple of times. Not released yet, and we will be informed.

• Thanks Utianima! Was worried I'd missed it.